Nike Air Pippen 1 White/Black/Red Retro May 7th

Originally Posted by EuGeNiLe GTS

I have the OGs, after several years the "jewels" on the sides have started to yellow. I never really liked them on my feet, felt huge and heavy. I have the retro black/red which I missed back when they first came out. My OGs are 11.5, and the retro black/red I got are 11s, That .5 larger size on the OG feels a lot bigger than I expected, just from my observation.

+ 1 on the clunkyness. With less air and more midsole, i doubt the Retros are any better.

Poor ventilation too, at least on the OGs.

As for the 1/2 size difference... are the Retros more narrow?

Jordan Retros are often narrow compared to OGs. Wouldn't surprise me a bit if it's the case here too.\

Originally Posted by SpoiledFeet

... How did retros slowly start fallin off ? 2000 - 2004 retros seemed to be of a higher standard retro then now.

Debatable. The 2003 version of the Air Max2 CB for instance isn't comparable to the OGs, but some claim the it's still better than the 09 version.

Originally Posted by swingshot

Originally Posted by EuGeNiLe GTS

I have the OGs, after several years the "jewels" on the sides have started to yellow. I never really liked them on my feet, felt huge and heavy. I have the retro black/red which I missed back when they first came out. My OGs are 11.5, and the retro black/red I got are 11s, That .5 larger size on the OG feels a lot bigger than I expected, just from my observation.

+ 1 on the clunkyness. With less air and more midsole, i doubt the Retros are any better.

Poor ventilation too, at least on the OGs.

As for the 1/2 size difference... are the Retros more narrow?

Jordan Retros are often narrow compared to OGs. Wouldn't surprise me a bit if it's the case here too.\

Originally Posted by SpoiledFeet

... How did retros slowly start fallin off ? 2000 - 2004 retros seemed to be of a higher standard retro then now.

Debatable. The 2003 version of the Air Max2 CB for instance isn't comparable to the OGs, but some claim the it's still better than the 09 version.

From my comparison of wearing both, the retros does feel more narrow.

deff cop'd! alll the h8n on retros needs to stop, i cop'd all the retro PIP's I and couldnt be happier the bubble is tiny yes but to me feels tighter and like you have more control then OG's..i think people just take crappy pics of retros cause they love to hate...i would take retros over any fusion or 2009 or 2010 jordan model. and the pippen hybrid shoes is HORRIBLE!

The sides aren't even clear!!!!! This is so wack!!!!!!!! That is the only reason I loved this shoe. clear sides and clear air pockets. Why can't nike retro stuff right. Is it that damn hard?? The sides are white it doesn't even look the same.

I'm more angry about the small air bubbles that Nike started putting out on all their retro's.  My favorite kicks of all time have been ruined because of the small air bubbles (Penny 1's, Pippen 1's, More Uptempo's).  Just a sad situation 
frown.gif
.  I pray that Nike brings back the regular big air bubbles on all their retro's one day.

Yo SpoiledFeet, your avy with those OG Pippen's is sick as hell 
pimp.gif
, the big air bubbles and the perfect make it a perfect shoe.
We need better actual pics of these ASAP.....

Love these, but will cop most likely when they hit outlets. Black/Reds look alot nicer and some outlets have them for like $30. I'll wait, but hopefully they end up looking better than the pictures.

Originally Posted by retrogearsolid

These retros are terrible. No tumbled leather like the OGs, and no red accents on the Pip logo. There was no attention to detail whatsoever. I used to be excited for this release, but it's an easy pass now.

These things just do not look good on my size 12's, Don't know what it is but I just can't spend the money on these

Retails for these are $160??? The sneakers are gorgeous but got damn, Nike give us a break with all the releases in 2010

They should release the version of this shoe with the zoom air that scottie wore during the playoffs that year.

Back
Top Bottom