Nike Air Revolution schooling....Please help NT

Hey guys...I need someone to school me real quick.

I am sorry if this is the wrong thread but I posted in LC for about 3 weeks and got no responses.

I have had these for almost 2 years. and i love their old school look but to be honest i don't anything about them. When i Google them, i cant even findthis colorway hardly. I mean i believe they are real...but when were they were released?

Everything i am finding says they came out in 1987!!!! this cant be right...they would be in way worse condition. I need some help, here are some questions ihave:

Are they legit?
What year did they release and maybe a link to their background?
Are they worth anything?
Why, when i tried using my champs shoe cleaner (that i use on all white shoes), did the front toe paint basically just come right off? You can see in thepics.....
Is there anything i can do to fix this problem^^^

I am sure there are some NT'ers that can school me right quick.

Thanks....here are some pics

BTW...they came w white laces by the way. i put the blue ones on myself.

Originally released in 1987 - first basketball shoe with visible air. This is an orginal colorway that has been retroed at least once this decade, probablymore. If your pair were from 1987, the phylon midsole would probably be yellowed, dry and cracking. I think yours are the 2003 release, but I could be wrong. Design elements of the upper and midsole were used on several other shoes.

AirRevolution.jpg
89flight.jpg
air-jordan-iii-slam-dunk-2.jpg

Simple check is to LOOK at the year of production inside the shoe on the tag. In the first 6 digits or so you will get the last 2 digits that read the year ofmanufacture.

I've got them exact same colourway along with some others - very slept on classic shoe & yes judging from your pix you do indeed have the retro versionas do I - no way I could honestly see a pair of shoes from 1988 sealed or unsealed escaping the yellowing/cracking/aging process...

As for the shoe cleaner you might have gone a little hard & stripped the protective layer on the leather... I just use some mild soap & a washcloth,maybe a little Magic eraser on the mid/outsole. To fix what you've done try to use some white leather polish & apply/buff lightly but as they are thewear "fits" the shoe, naw meen?

here is a link to some more info - http://www.sneakerfiles.c...-white-black-red-yellow/

but really lately the colourways of this model & the Air Assault have sucked - if anything the new model "Air Condor" just out recently in thewhite/grey speckle/black cw is bringing back the old school Air Flight 89 flavour...

Also check the Sole Provider book, it has more info as well...

I'd keep them; they are classics for sure. Keep them unstrapped, keep them gangsta lol

^^^You just killed it on the info man. Really appreciate it...

I will try what you said with the white shoe polish and see how that works. I don't really like wearing them anymore cause they seem to deteriorate quickerthan my other shoes and I wanna keep em. Hopefully i can get them looking fresh again and put em on ice. I could see these being desirable in a few years. Ithink they are extremely underrated!!!

I love the look and feel of them. Overall great shoe imo.

Thanks for the help....if anyone else has some info or a guess as to a price estimate (even though this is not the price check forum) I would be veryinterested to know.

Back
Top Bottom