Nike Air Safari ID 5/22/2012

The material quality does look good. Messin' around...Atmos and AT1 inspired joints. Already placed an order for a different colorway I came up with, I'll post once they arrive.

I'm holding onto my money for now to see if I can pick up a pair of the 2012 retro release. If I don't it's no big deal since I did get a pair of the 2003, and I'll play around with the 5 designs I've got saved in my locker already. What I really wish they had was an option to pick the color of the safari print, I'd love to do a pair of navy with maize print.

1zfkf2g.jpg

Something I concocted...

I don't know if that's me being creative w/ colors or a product of how high i was
laugh.gif
but I like 'em
smokin.gif

Quality definitely looks on point. I just wish I could have created a variant style OG c/w, with some oranges, reds, or yellows. I will need to rethink how I go about creating a c/w.

If only there was a Tan/Wheat mesh option...
frown.gif

Considering these since I can't afford the AM1s
embarassed.gif

uq42q.png

2ewo6qr.png

Originally Posted by SoleAddict34

The material quality does look good. Messin' around...Atmos and AT1 inspired joints. Already placed an order for a different colorway I came up with, I'll post once they arrive.

I like the AT1 inspired one, it'd be cool if Nike actually did a Safari with the AT1 color blocking since they're doing the AT1 Safari.

Strange how the safari print is missing from the collar.

Is anyone else having trouble saving designs to their locker?

I imagine these run true to size like the current AM1's? Can anybody who have the current retros chime in? Thanks

Originally Posted by dadbath

Strange how the safari print is missing from the collar.

Is anyone else having trouble saving designs to their locker?

There's a work around. Go to nikestore.com and use that locker. Post up pics if you ordered! Looking forward to seeing some "in real life".

^ Thanks! That worked for me. Here's what I've come up with so far. I haven't ordered any yet. Hopefully the quality ends up being as good as it looks in those samples. 

Here are a few I attempted

d823509d42df730d4891132d3cdf25e1b7c74f4_r.jpg

A straight 2001 at1 safari copy cat, a huarache light esque  og c/w, a at1 chlorophyll with mint sockliner, and another at1 og color blocking with mango outsole and sockliner.

^^^ I don't know I got some dunk iDs last month and the leather felt/looked just as good as stuff from pairs I've got from 99,01. The pairs in the sample picture look like they've got fairly nice leather and suede too.

I went to an iD Studio last weekend to order some FR3iDs, and I saw the Safari samples, and, from what I recall, the leather was of a good quality. It felt pretty sturdy and didn't feel like pleather. Also, I recall seeing a Tan leather based sample (like the OGs), which might be an "exclusive" studio option?

I'll try going back in the near future to get pics of the complete swatch and samples...

Originally Posted by ILLustRAYt

I went to an iD Studio last weekend to order some FR3iDs, and I saw the Safari samples, and, from what I recall, the leather was of a good quality. It felt pretty sturdy and didn't feel like pleather. Also, I recall seeing a Tan leather based sample (like the OGs), which might be an "exclusive" studio option?

I'll try going back in the near future to get pics of the complete swatch and samples...
YES. Please get a pic of the swatch. I've been holding out to see what the safari print really looks like. Much props if you post pics!

Back
Top Bottom