Nike Air Structure Triax 91 Infrared - Appreciation Thread

Also, 2008's had no mesh under the swooshes. :nerd: Just noticed that.

Wow I just noticed that!

Just like the ogs.

However the teal colored swoosh is off on the retros. Smh nike :smh:
overall the 2021 is a nice pair though. Looking forward to a double up on disco!
6BF15FF6-F8BA-4346-A857-A615DD299674.jpeg

Comparing 2008 to 2021 mesh toe, new ones hold their shape waaaaaay better (both same size). No more flimsy toe.

Comparing comfort, main difference is better sole on the 2021 pair. When wearing one 2008 shoe and one 2021 shoe, the 2008 feels like cardboard and 2021 feels like typical Air Max retro (not amazing, but solid).

Also noticed another slight design difference, the white paint on the 2008 midsole has an almost metallic or pearlescent sheen to it, while 2021 are a straight matte white.

C3E2D77C-9A89-4D0C-96A1-3C1660680ED7.jpeg
Yep, the color of white on the 2008 pair was officially "Metallic Summit White." I do like the nonmetallic finish better.

My jj wouldn't answer the phone and I bought a 13 which I'm thinking is probably to big I'm a 12 12.5 I guess snrks Tues

Still gonna try to get me a pair but noticed today that they have a slight banana toe (Air Stab retro style - midsole curving up up towards the front), especially compared to that OG side pic above.

Also still not sure about sizing, 2008s were easy - def .5 down, these seem to be somewhere in between TTS and sizing down.

Still gonna try to get me a pair but noticed today that they have a slight banana toe (Air Stab retro style - midsole curving up up towards the front), especially compared to that OG side pic above.

Also still not sure about sizing, 2008s were easy - def .5 down, these seem to be somewhere in between TTS and sizing down.
IMO these are no where near the Air Stab in terms of shape. I wear a 10.5 in these and the AIr Maxx III (narrow foot). Very glad I didn't go .5 down.

So been traveling and they are in foot lockers but the biggest size I've been seeing are sz 12s. Foot locker employees are tellin me thats the highest they been goin. Anyone wanna verify with other foot lockers if thats the case. People really don't know what these are. They had a men's size 7 next to a GS pair on the kids wall. Champs seems to only have GS pairs from what I'm seeing around my parts.

Back
Top Bottom