Nike Air Tiger Woods Shoe.....????

When Tiger first hit the PGA scene in 96 (I think), there was a sig shoe that was more like a real shoe than a golf shoe. It still kinda had the round golfspike type cleats at the bottom but not much different than a turf shoe sole. I don't think they sold well at all and that was aprt of the reason they mayhave stopped making them. I would also argue that Tiger is much more popular now than he was almost 15 years ago and Nike might wanna give it another shot. Ican't find a pic of the original ones but they look like a mix between his most recent golf shoes and the Air Max 97 and were sold in black with a littlered trim. I think the MSRP was $100.

sneakerhead_2050_471028108

nerd.gif

Originally Posted by osubass1

Originally Posted by dipsett247

nike could make money off tiger woods MAYBE. who really watches golf? plus how is the shoe gonna look? cant wear golf shoes to go out. i dont see it happening.

are you kidding?

Tiger is Nike's biggest contract right now. infact, Tiger's next contract will give him partial ownership of Nike.

"who really watches golf?"

i don't think this question even deserves an answer.

Tiger has 2 clothing lines with Nike. he single-handedly built ::NIKEGOLF into what it is today. Nike has stated that if it had not been for Tiger, they would have never gotten into the golf business.

you are talking about the greatest golfer that has ever lived. this guy is MJ status on the PGA Tour. if you're not waching this guy, you're missing out on history.
Thank you. Ignorance needs to be dispelled on this site.

Originally Posted by thakickboss

^what do those dunks have to do with anything?

They were released as "tiger Woods" dunks. having to do with playin cards.

King= Lebron
Queen= serena and so on.

Originally Posted by blco02

Originally Posted by dipsett247

nike could make money off tiger woods MAYBE. who really watches golf? plus how is the shoe gonna look? cant wear golf shoes to go out. i dont see it happening.

are you kidding?

Tiger is Nike's biggest contract right now. infact, Tiger's next contract will give him partial ownership of Nike.

"who really watches golf?"

i don't think this question even deserves an answer.

Tiger has 2 clothing lines with Nike. he single-handedly built ::NIKEGOLF into what it is today. Nike has stated that if it had not been for Tiger, they would have never gotten into the golf business.

you are talking about the greatest golfer that has ever lived. this guy is MJ status on the PGA Tour. if you're not waching this guy, you're missing out on history.
Thank you. Ignorance needs to be dispelled on this site.

yeah dudes act like they aint ever heard of Tiger Woods.....the greatest ACTIVE athlete on the planet.......

Originally Posted by Clutchshooter

Originally Posted by Swerv1n

I googled Nike Tiger shoes and all i got was some damn golf shoes.

the irony.

this dude has nothin better to do then erase the whole paragraph i wrote all but one sentence......u really must not have any intelligent opinions and way tomuch time on your hands. Good input....almost. Dudes like u make NT one big ego trip. U probably got 6000 posts like this huh....?

i completely forgot about these Air Max they released a year or so ago:

airmax-shoe.jpg

i think they still have a golf sole, but these are some more Tiger shoes.

Tiger has his own line of shoes and shirts, pants, etc.. for about 3 years now. Granted the shoes are pricey , like $270 but very worth it. I have not been afan of the last 2 designs so I waited until his first shoe - the Nike TW- SP 8 went on clearance and I recently scooped them for $100. There damn comfy and asimple/clean design.

Being a 16 handicap, I cant justify spending $270 on golf shoes
eyes.gif

You could quite easily make a tiger shoe without spikes and it would look just like a dress shoe. I would certainly buy it.

i completely forgot about these Air Max they released a year or so ago:

airmax-shoe.jpg

i think they still have a golf sole, but these are some more Tiger shoes.
These are the ones I remembered.

I'm pretty sure these were running/training shoes.

The most effective type of shoe that Nike could make for Tiger would be a Free type shoe, in my opinion.

Here's what I made. I never saw the Air Max Tiger shoe before drawing this, but they do look a bit similar. I don't mind if you think this is a baddrawing (
sick.gif
) but I think a modernized version with an outsole like theSparq and a combination of Zoom and Max Air would make a good training shoe. Along with that, flywire would make the shoe a bit cooler and intense looking(Hyperdunks have that look to them). Finally, a good advertisement by Nike with Tiger Woods about training and then going to the golf range would probably makea nice impression on buyers.

Here is the "Zoom Tiger" or "Air Tiger" if you will. I imagine a shoe with nice leather combined with a bit of patent black leather, andcoupled with a sneaker-like midsole with Zoom Air for comfort. I'm 120% sure Nike Sportswear could make a really nice looking sneaker that could be formalat the same time. Like that one shoe that was posted awhile ago, can't remember where, but it was a Japan-release shoe? Midtop kind of, but anyhow, it is anice-looking shoe and a Tiger shoe with genuine leather would make a nice shoe. No cheap craftmanship either; it should be one of those shoes that is madecollaboratively or at a Nike shop in the US. None of that sweatshop craftmanship. And the extras I suggested before in the other post would add to the finesse.

Don't flame me haha.
laugh.gif

Tiger should definitely get an off course shoe.. if they're making shoes for kanye MAKE SHOES FOR TIGER

Back
Top Bottom