Nike Air Trainer 1 McEnroe

Thought i'd share this story and post a piccie of the shoe as i found it interesting.

One day McEnroe is out at Nike trying to decide which shoe he would wear for the season that year.

He looks all over the joint and doesn't see anything that he likes, until he stumbles on the "throw out"samples bin.

At the bottom he finds the Air Trainer One and instantly says "that's it, i want those ones".

And so it came to be.

And glad i am of it.

Cool!

I appreciate the Air Trainer 1
pimp.gif

but thats a true story??? If they were in the sample bins, what was Tinker's role in the release?

Originally Posted by SinnerP

I appreciate the Air Trainer 1
pimp.gif

but thats a true story??? If they were in the sample bins, what was Tinker's role in the release?
Ya, true. I think i saw it on a documentary on youtube. Pretty sure it was one where Tinker was talkingabout the original design. Just had a look and i cant find it, i'll keep looking....

well, the only Tinker/AT1 vid that comes to mind is this one... but I don't think there's any mention of Johnny Mac.� I'll hafta watchagain...

great story. one of the only models to be retroed and re-retroed in a span of 6 years, before we even had retros. 87, 90 and 93. that says something about itspopularity

yet I'm not sure what happened 94-'00 because ive heard some stories on here about in 2000 and 2001 of the retro chlorophyll and varsity reds justsitting on shelves and them being at outlets for ridiciliously cheap prices.. sooooo popular for that short time frame from 87 to 93.. then dead silence...during that same span we had the 94 jordan retros from their 88 counterpart jordan III... 3 releases to only 2 yet now obviously the jordan IIIs are on top

Originally Posted by SinnerP

well, the only Tinker/AT1 vid that comes to mind is this one... but I don't think there's any mention of Johnny Mac.� I'll hafta watch again...
Nah, there's a few more than that on there, type Nike Tinker and you get a different one. @%*$%+ if ican find the one i want. It'll turn up sometime and i'll add it. Go Lewis!

Originally Posted by Modzzilla

Nah, there's a few more than that on there, type Nike Tinker and you get a different one. @%*$%+ if i can find the one i want. It'll turn up sometime and i'll add it. Go Lewis!

ahh... no luck on the "Nike Tinker" video... tried youtube and Google Video... its either Jordans or the AM1's... oh well.
ohwell.gif

Testing is underway! Oz can't come soon enough! Seen the MP4-24?

Yep, radical front wing deaign. Gonna be an intersting first race. I'm going for an air conditioned box this yearafter the 40 deg C and the heat stroke on lap 2 last year. Ya.

Radical designs all-around. New front and rear wings, no winglets, etc... swing by the F1 thread in the Sports Forum... Lol, forget the box, sit with themasses at turn 1! Lol

But I digress.

Back
Top Bottom