Nike Air Trainer 3 retro's over the years

Gotta go make these deliveries.
76195052-96C6-4407-98FB-D889568FA366.jpeg

*not my pic

Nike.com sold out. Quality looks identical but people willing to buy for the QS name. Thought we were done with this crap. These should NOT being selling and SHOULD be for sale for $99 like the last time.

Thanks for the heads up green rhino. Easy pass at $130 plus shipping and tax even with rare factor at play.

Agreed. To me it looks like the 2014 without the leather tongue and insole. No leather insole that bleeds is an improvement, but not for $130 for those of us that have the last release. My 2014s don't have any midsole cracking at all, and I wear them regularly. Had they made the plastic white, and OG perforations, I may have been tempted. I'd even consider these if they went on sale. I recall in 2014 some of you gettin them for $65 and under. Looks like that's not going to happen this time.

The 09s are not on any scale of remembrance for me. But the 14s get worn weekly. These 2019s look 99.9% identical to my somewhat trained eye. Lots of visual cues that Nike wouldn't dare try to replicate if it wasn't the same damn mold, and materials. I'm looking mainly at the matte swoosh, leather perforations, and the leather creases. It's matching up really well with the 2014s, which isn't a bad thing. But these aren't like the Auburn QSs, with vastly better leather. Don't be fooled

I will say; the 2014s didn't exactly get a whole lot of credit for it's leather quality. It's quite thick and does crease almoste instantly but it'll stay in that shape it's entire life. The last release was marked as a PRM release, whatever that is.

eBay wasn't exactly selling these for a high price either. Weird these are selling out. Nike and their limited games. I don't miss it.

-the back of the ankle looks taller & straighter like the older pairs, if you wore the 01 retros you might notice this
-overall shape looks better as well
-the leather looks as good or thicker than 09 & 14
-the "med ball" color appears a bit lighter or more of a mustard, less dark brown (in some pics) than 09 & 14
-i prefer the soft cotton ankle collar & fabric insole

but will have to wait and see...

The only difference I noticed is the sock liner. It's actually correct this time with the soft plush material. These sat back in 2014. Now all of a sudden people want them. I would have been all in if they looked like this.

Attachments

• dhx.png
    dhx.png
    428.6 KB · Views: 27
Ugh. So these don’t have a leather insole huh? That honestly happens to be the only thing I didn’t necessarily like about my ‘14s. What kind of insole did the OGs have?

wish these had:

-the navy blue on the traction pods on sole, correct logo/inside of the tongue
-original soft, silky ribbed material for tongue & not the uncomfortable 'ballistic mesh'
-the swoosh doesn't look like the right material either
-correct perforations
-lighter ankle plastic support/velcro

Last edited:
It started my love for Nike Air shoes. First one I had in Junior High School. I’ll buy every one especially after that leather insole dyeing my socks. :smh:

Wow. Plush sockliner. That's taking it back to the 2000 retros and 1988 origins. I wonder if the back of the tongue is soft as well. That's the most uncomfortable part of the 2014 retros. I kind of want these now lol.

Looks like ima have to stick x this pair. I thought these were be in jimmy jazz or foot stores and I can look and see them but these are gone everywhere.

Back
Top Bottom