Nike Air Trainer 3 retro's over the years

Does anyone have info on years and colorways that the Nike Air Trainer 3 was retroed? I absolutely love this shoe (especially medicine ball colorway) and my only pair is too beat to wear. Any word on Nike retro-ing these in the somewhat near future???

Also does anyone have info on the OG colorways of this shoe?

Thanks in advance!

those aren't even really an 'air trainer III' - the true sc III is the white-orange-blue trainers that get retro'd the most

the ones you have pictured are the 'air trainer sc'

nike confused themselves with the retro (thinking maybe they considered the air trainer the 1st, the tw the 2nd, and this the 3rd in top tier air trainer releases)

Last edited:
People talk about the Trainer I hurting their foot but the III damn near kills mine.

Still, I love them so I wear my medicine balls like a woman wears stilettos :lol:

So I am new to the new Nike talk. Is there a good place for me to inquire about trying to purchase or trade for a pair of medicine balls in size 10?

One of my all time favorite shoes in my fave colorway. I got a pair of size 14s during the last retro, been waiting for the next round to come around.

On a sidenote, would love to see a Trainer 1 in the medicine ball colorway.

Hahaha ^ I think they are very comfortable, but I have shoes that hurt my feet I wear as well.

Yeah, it's kind of weird b/c certain production years of the AT3 hurt, then others it'll be the AT1 that hurts. Whatever the last release of the Med. Balls was hurts for me.

Yeah, these are pinky toe killers for sure. That's the only reason I never grabbed a pair of Viotechs--could never find the 11.5 I need.

Am I the only person who instantly thinks of Mookie when I see these though? Pause. :lol:

Last edited:
also use this site's search function with some info you gather from the links cause there are already some great threads on this model & colorway

PS - eBay is your best bet for a retro pair but also check flightclub...they still get a few pairs a year up for sale, usually only around $100...
...if they're 'in-store only' - you'd have to get a trustworthy cat from nyc to hook it up for you

Last edited:
I would love a medicine ball OG

I wish they would retro all the colorways from 2001, I still have my white/grey.

I haven't really liked any of the new colorways since 2004.

Throw me in to the I WANT A RETRO Medicine Ball 3 POT. This shoe started my obsession back when it originally came out. Ahhh memories.

How did I miss this thread.

The Original colorways need a proper retro ASAP...... Every pair of my 2000-2002 at "iii" has crumbled away. I need something wearable again.

And don't seek out the 2009s. Atricious pleather quality

I dream of the day I can get a decent wearable pair of the medicine balls, the white red indigo blue, and the white grey regal blue originals... Something is so pure and simple about the white grey regal blues, it' screams classic. Even the pair I bought years ago was in used fashion. I have never known what this colorway looks as a new shoe....

RIP
75225824bc633c8ccfbb8c0b90be530d691d0a5_r.JPG

----
OG still looks so progressive 25 years later.
6621574d66cbcebf3baad3de495ab9157076b0f_r.jpg

btw johngotty, the 2000-2002 retros never hurt my feet. It's when Nike got cheap with the leather, and also cheap with the rubber, it started all kinds of issues. Then again, the leather softens up so nice on the 2000 era that they could have been initially pinky toe crushers, but turned out to be okay.. Whereas the later retros never softened up.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom