Nike Air Trainer 3 retro's over the years

2014 vs 2019.

Mind you my 2014 is worn, the 2019 does feel like it’s more of a substantial release. The shape feels better. The brown leather is significantly thicker than the 2014 release for sure. Overall a better release then the 2014 for sure.

4F007D5F-F187-4740-ADBE-45834766E98D.jpeg

9EBF4B73-DE3A-4160-B892-BE04F1004749.jpeg

I just got my pair in and I have never owned this model, but the materials seem pretty good. First thing I noticed was the shape and leather used. Kudos to Nike on this release.

Last edited:
still got my '14 pair & wear them here & there. This year retro looks identical to that pair so I'm good . Im surprise these sold out so quickly because this wasnt the case back in 2014

still got my '14 pair & wear them here & there. This year retro looks identical to that pair so I'm good . Im surprise these sold out so quickly because this wasnt the case back in 2014

I would say the 19 is better than 14 for sure. Materials wise on the interior not being leather plus the shape seems better too.

I would say the 19 is better than 14 for sure. Materials wise on the interior not being leather plus the shape seems better too.

Now that I see that comparison shots few posts back, you right the material on this year pair look better this time. This wont justify me getting the medicine ball again but if they drop the other OG colorway(wht/navy/red) I'll be on that for sure

LeBron effect? :nerd:

Could be the case this time around

Reactions: ARK
Was the demand for these actually that high or was stock just limited? Didn’t expect these to sell so fast.

Just unboxed a 2014 getting ready for sale. The shape is sleek and as good as this 2019. The leather is just as thick. Calling Bs on it being THAT MUCH better.

Only true difference is a true soft sockliner.

Hype sells. And this crap only had one size per retailer? Does this release even count lol?

DS 14s are amazing. Y'all are forgetting.
image.jpg

Just unboxed a 2014 getting ready for sale. The shape is sleek and as good as this 2019. The leather is just as thick. Calling Bs on it being THAT MUCH better.

Hype sells. And this crap only had one size per retailer? Does this release even count lol?

vdd.png

image.jpg

Yeah I remember that feeling I had when I first got mine. They are really good. Just for me, I give the edge to the 19. The interior being soft cloth and having a cloth insole is enough to put these on top for me.

Additionally I still think the shape is slightly better around the mid foot area. I would go as far as to say the brown leather around the heel is perhaps slightly better material wise on the 19 as well. It seems to have a slight tumbled leather pattern vs my 14 which is more smooth in look and feel. Interesting to note the brown outsole is slightly lighter on the 19 when comparing the 2 side-by-side.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom