Nike Air VaporMax

Honestly man, each person & their feet are different. I actually go DOWN a size in my running shoes for a more snug fit while still keeping the shoes untied (yes I'm one of those. I go TTS in my bball shoes for a roomier fit and movement.

Ive worn my oreos over a handful of times & they feel great. I've personally never been one to talk about a "break-in" period or anything like that because if they DO NOT feel good when trying them on, imagine that same discomfort after 8 hours. To me, my oreos & khakis were good straight out of the box. My SS were a little too snug @ first, but i loosened up the secondary pair of laces & i was good to go.
TO EACH THEIR OWN

Plus, MOST of us have a foot that is longer than the other. My left foot in this scenario seems to bother me in my arch sometimes because the shoe is either too "big" or just right however I'm not correctly striking the ground. Not referring to the VM as much as other shoes, just trying to inform you that everyone will have a different response/reaction.

Before you stone me, I tried searching; however ... the dang search function keeps giving me errors. That said, what's the consensus, TTS or .5 up? Tried them on a few times and I was kinda torn. TTS was pretty narrow and wasn't sure how they break in, plus I don't consider myself a widefooter. .5 up wasn't too bad, but I've been down this path a few times when I purchased too many of the wrong size e.g. Kobe 8s I got 10.5s and should have been getting 10s. Anywho ... TIA

Yeah the search function's broken..

I went 8 in VMs and they fit me perfect. Half up would've been too long. I do have a narrow foot so the narrowness of the midfoot in the VM doesn't really affect me that much. That said, i'm sure the flyknit will break in and stretch after a few wears.

For reference:
7.5 - NB998
8 - UB 2.0/3.0
8.5 - Flyknit racer/lunar, UB 1.0, Asics GLV

And I went up a full shoe size from a 12 to a 13. With the width being tight and a 12.5 hard to find in this shoe I just went to the 13. Fit in width is great and I have a roomy toe box. I'm satisfied.

Feeling the new site setup!
repost from the temp thread

Capture.JPG

Stopped by finishline on Saturday to pick up the triple blacks...they had an issue with their credit card machines not working. They gave me $20 dollars off, picked the shoes up for around 180 after taxes =D

Im not crazy about the strap but I think the multi color knit is nice. The womens pair looks good but that dark grey/black pair with the color changing swoosh is :D. The grey pair though is everything Ive ever wanted in an all grey Vapormax.
Screen Shot 2017-07-17 at 10.19.03 AM.png

Screen Shot 2017-07-17 at 10.12.33 AM.png
Screen Shot 2017-07-17 at 10.12.39 AM.png
20170717214806.jpg
20170717214807.jpg
20170717214808.png

Last edited:
I'm pissed that the explorer light colorway is women's only. The only vapormax I was eyeing. I'm still holding out for the off white vapormax if not Ima cop the triple blacks and call it a sneaker.

Picked up the Team Reds last Thursday; wore them on my girl's birthday this past Saturday. Now it's time to hunt down the Navy's!

Attachments

• IMG_9076.JPG
    IMG_9076.JPG
    272.7 KB · Views: 32
Those straps dont even look like they are legit straps to begin with. Its just there for aesthetics. Idk how anyone at Nike can co-sign them and even plan on releasing a hybrid so earlier on in a brand new model's life.

These colorways still dont do it for me. I know they wanted to move in a new direction away from the old school color blocks but the new colorways have all seem bland. Nike had a good thing going, hope they know what they are doing. Im practically done after the Deep Reds. Saves me a lot of money but doesn't look like theres anything to buy in the next 2 months.

Off white's are really looking like a must for me. It's not the hype either - I really like the embellishments around the tongue with the throwback materials. I sort of wish it didn't have the text on the inside, don't hate the "AIR" on the outside.

While the MC knit looks fantastic (like it did on the ID's), the strap is so out of place for me. Would have been way better as a sock-only construction.

They def ruined a dope MC colorway with that wack *** strap. Nike stays doing the most when it isn’t called for.

Does anyone know if the Vapormaxes are unisex sizing?

For the flyknits and ultraboosts, you just size +1 or +1.5 up, does the same apply to the vapormaxes?

Any help would be APPRECIATED!!!

Back
Top Bottom