Nike Air VaporMax

These Plus look like they run Big.
This 13 looks like a sz14.......

These cost 98bucks and I feel like I paid too much.
I don’t like them at all

A true clear sole though.
2159ADE9-0AC7-4B5F-AF1C-5F1AE0184382.png

Last edited:
Couldn’t resist for $133.. still have triple black 1.0 I wear.. 2.0 had that white swoosh that throws the whole thing off for Me...

I used the flash to show more sprinkles on the bags lol

D1C7D90A-F477-40E4-B89A-DFCB02103FEF.jpeg
Yea I didn't think I'd like the sprinkles but I do.
Is it just me or there are some lighter black almos Gray threads in the toebox area?
Mine have it........I don't see them on yours with the flash.

I ended up sending those White/Grey VMPlus back.
They were just too big in the 13.
I think I need a 12 because even the 12.5 I think would be big.
GOnna go try a pair on at the Mall tomorrow before I order another one, plus the Flash sale over, and I don't want the white/grey at all. Ugly shoe in hand.

Vapormax soles have there good and bad days on my feet

Yesterday my 3.0 were killing my soles, I had to stop and sit down for a bit

I wonder what’s next for Vapormax? How many years until Nike redesigns the midsole.

The 1.0 was brand new tech and sold well. The 2.0 just lost its luster because it wasn’t new anymore. The 3.0 design is similar to the 1.0 with a bit more support however people are use to the tech by now. 270, 720 and React are pulling customers away as well. Nike doesn’t help themselves by putting the midsole on retro silhouettes either.

I wonder what’s next for Vapormax? How many years until Nike redesigns the midsole.

The 1.0 was brand new tech and sold well. The 2.0 just lost its luster because it wasn’t new anymore. The 3.0 design is similar to the 1.0 with a bit more support however people are use to the tech by now. 270, 720 and React are pulling customers away as well. Nike doesn’t help themselves by putting the midsole on retro silhouettes either.

A couple things stand out. Since the 1.0 there’s no marketing support. It’s all for off white or 270 etc. when’s the last time a pair has been on SNKRS?

Next they whored it out. 1.0 was basically the only shoe with it, then they slapped it on anything else and kept the same name. Really confusing strategy. Remember how confused we were when the 2019 debuted with it. Then we had to deal with regular air max becoming Vapormax.

The 1.0 was special and felt special. Later editions lost that luster.

Well said. I was thinking the same thing today actually. The tech is losing it's luster since it's up to 3.0 and they use it on everything now. It's not new or unique when you use it on so many models - that draws away from it and so does the 720, 270 as well.

When they first came out I was treating them like the Air Maxes - I'd look forward to getting say the 2011 version then the next year and get the 2012 and so on - wanted to get at least one of each VaporMax, 1.0, 2.0, 3.0 as well. Again, kinda like new Jordans and Lebrons release every year. Then they started using the VM sole on everything and I then decided to just forget it. It's not special anymore. Yeah, there is a 1.0, 2.0 and 3.0 and I could get those and look forward to the 4.0 but it seems redundant and almost pointless because there's 20 other models with the VM sole.

Last edited:
A couple things stand out. Since the 1.0 there’s no marketing support. It’s all for off white or 270 etc. when’s the last time a pair has been on SNKRS?

Next they whored it out. 1.0 was basically the only shoe with it, then they slapped it on anything else and kept the same name. Really confusing strategy. Remember how confused we were when the 2019 debuted with it. Then we had to deal with regular air max becoming Vapormax.

The 1.0 was special and felt special. Later editions lost that luster.
Well said. I was thinking the same thing today actually. The tech is losing it's luster since it's up to 3.0 and they use it on everything now. It's not new or unique when you use it on so many models - that draws away from it and so does the 720, 270 as well.

When they first came out I was treating them like the Air Maxes - I'd look forward to getting say the 2011 version then the next year and get the 2012 and so on - wanted to get at least one of each VaporMax, 1.0, 2.0, 3.0 as well. Again, kinda like new Jordans and Lebrons release every year. Then they started using the VM sole on everything and I then decided to just forget it. It's not special anymore. Yeah, there is a 1.0, 2.0 and 3.0 and I could get those and look forward to the 4.0 but it seems redundant and almost pointless because there's 20 other models with the VM sole.

Completely agree on all fronts. The only shoe they slapped that sole on that I appreciate is the Run Utility for the Cushlon, crazy tie lacing system and the waterproofing. I think I’m ready to return my Vapormax 3.0 platinum to Nike. I haven’t worn it yet and would honestly rather wear my platinum 1.0.

Completely agree on all fronts. The only shoe they slapped that sole on that I appreciate is the Run Utility for the Cushlon, crazy tie lacing system and the waterproofing. I think I’m ready to return my Vapormax 3.0 platinum to Nike. I haven’t worn it yet and would honestly rather wear my platinum 1.0.

I returned my 3.0 platinum. I looked at it over and over and it did nothing for me :frown:

Reactions: ARK
Not sure what this is supposed to be other than another attempt to dilute the VaporMax brand. Anyone notice the Vapormax midsole on the 3.0 isn't as inflated as the 1.0 version?

20190717211444.jpg

Not sure what this is supposed to be other than another attempt to dilute the VaporMax brand. Anyone notice the Vapormax midsole on the 3.0 isn't as inflated as the 1.0 version?

20190717211444.jpg
When Nike finds something good, they ***** it out for all its worth.
Steve Jobs on Nike: “Nike makes some of the best products in the world. Products that you lust after. But they also make a lot of crap.”

20190717211444.jpg

Looks like Nike needs to do some random drug checks....

Just ordered these... price was good and I had a $20 nordstorm note... I like the color combo

$137 there

5F7B1C80-6CE5-4A88-80F3-426FA13985A4.png
011B5CDB-9EF1-4649-B045-FE1E6864BCC2.png

ARK ARK ALNotSure ALNotSure 12oclock BOGIE 12oclock BOGIE THE Vapormax (1.0) should've been the only signature Vapormax. If they kept the Flyknit Racer like that for 5+ years and that was a hit, the same could've been done for the Vapormax.

I smell this.... note adidas is doing similar crap with their ultraboost with similar results....

Edit.. Nordstrom price matched so $140.. been eyeing them for sometime...

3B7C7055-EB01-41D6-AD90-EC0326EFBAC7.png

Last edited:

20190717211444.jpg
Didn't notice that before but it sure does look smaller in that photo.

Didn't notice that before but it sure does look smaller in that photo.

Oh yeah I compared a 1.0 up next to my 3.0 Platinum (sent it back). The 3.0 midsole isn’t as big. Right around where the heel portion of the air bag starts. Maybe that is for some added stability.

Back
Top Bottom