Nike Air Zoom Kobe V Review - The Greatest Basketball Shoe of ALL TIME

^Yep.

I've balled in my Aways (see first page of this thread) for almost a year with no problems, and they look fine.

Absolutely, hands down, my favorite basketball shoes to play in.
I used to swear not to wear any low tops for basketball, but this shoe has completely changed my mind.
Love my all-stars and can't wait to get my dark knights!

great basketball shoe... until your 4th game rolls around and they RIP as your cutting in the lane.

pros: perfect fit, perfect transition and court feel, lighest thing ever, great responsiveness and reaction time, range of motion, fast, fat heel zoom
cons: the outsole tread wears out quickly, and not as effective as herringbone, add in a full sized forefoot zoom?

Originally Posted by al3x89

Originally Posted by NORTHMIAMIBOI

nothing wrong with speakin facts

those aren't facts, they're opinions. there's a difference. 
Ironic, considering the thread...but let's not start that again.

Nothing wrong with speaking opinions though.  And I completely disagree.  I feel like Kobes tend to be much lighter and lower to the ground.  Lebrons II-V were somewhat heavy to very heavy, although I liked the Bron II low.  Which makes complete sense considering the players they are designed for.  But Kobes suit me infinitely better than Lebrons.

The Kobe IV's are still the best shoes to ball in...I do think the V's are better than the VI's though......

Just picked up a pair of Ink's at the outlets and getting ready to try them this or next week.

" I wouldnt be so quick to knock these shoes especially since you havent tried them. " .. fair enough but he himself said fragility when talking about the V's

So how am I knocking the shoe, when it's something he said? Unless you consider fragility a good characteristic when rating shoes.

Originally Posted by mjreborn

Absolutely, hands down, my favorite basketball shoes to play in.
I used to swear not to wear any low tops for basketball, but this shoe has completely changed my mind.

yep, i play in my aways. i might have to try out the 6s in the future though

Well, my son was slipping around in his first summer tournament over the weekend in a worn out pair of HD's, so I found a nice deal on Kobe V's.  I have read some reports of bad traction but figured they will be better than what he has.  His first practice in them, he was slipping like crazy.  I noticed others in old HD's and Hyperizes who were able to cut easily. I can only hope it's partly the floor.  Is it possible traction gets better with a few wears?  Maybe I'm off to find something else now.  I never really had a problem in mine, but I'm old and don't really cut very well anymore.

^ i can say the 5's have good traction, it could be the flooring where you son is playing, it may be a bit dusty

im 31 been playing basketball since i was 11 and this is the best basketball shoe to play in of all time.   i been through i dont know how many bball shoes (over 100?) this is hands down the greatest.  ive played in og jordans, pennys, barkleys, hyperdunks, signature shoes etc etc etc.   just bought another 3 pairs of kobe v's and i think thats gonna be it for me and playing ball.   i got kobe iv and kobe 6 those are ok.   

as much as these are my favorite shoes to hoop in due to weight/feel/comfort, they arent as comfy as people say they are though. i played in zoom flight 96s prior to these and those were super comfy IMO

yeah, these are not AS comfy as they are publicized to be because they're
firm and responsive. out of 10... I'd give them a 7 for comfort.

Back
Top Bottom