Nike Air Zoom Kobe V Review - The Greatest Basketball Shoe of ALL TIME

Well after buying the "Inlines" last week and playing in them 2 days. I decided to pickup the V-Days to use later on in the year. I'll prob use my "inlines" for outdoor use starting in May and use the V-Days for indoors. But seriously, as a perimeter oriented big man I love these shoes. I can't imagine how certain guards feel, but they must be in in heaven.

Just balled in mine for a few hours over the weekend...super light, cushioning is great, didn't ever feel timid or scared that I'd roll a ankle. My only gripe is that the traction wasn't nearly as strong as it is on the IV's...and I'm a fiend for traction. Hopefully after a few more wears they'll bite the floor better.

And just for comparison purposes I'm 5'3 150, and play as a pass first and second type of point guard.

Originally Posted by al3x89

i don't think they have to change the pattern back to the herringbone... the traction is perfect.

Originally Posted by non flammable

do you guys lace it up to the very top loop or no?

i do.
o-yeah, for better control

Originally Posted by swooshallday

Originally Posted by al3x89

i don't think they have to change the pattern back to the herringbone... the traction is perfect.

Originally Posted by non flammable

do you guys lace it up to the very top loop or no?

i do.
o-yeah, for better control

I did lace them all the way at first, but now I don't and they feel better to me.  Not that it means all that much, but Kobe doesn't either.

jayhawks-
Damn 5'3 150?!
i'm 5'5 and like 135 lol
i play the same way though, pass first, score second
true pointguard, and i know how much traction means

you need to break these in for excellent traction
give it a few hours and you'll be good
i played in my ASG's first time yesterday
but i've worn em before, and it took me about a game to break them in
the court wasn't really the greatest either, but you should be good

Originally Posted by DNeou20

jayhawks-

Damn 5'3 150?!

i'm 5'5 and like 135 lol

i play the same way though, pass first, score second

true pointguard, and i know how much traction means

you need to break these in for excellent traction

give it a few hours and you'll be good

i played in my ASG's first time yesterday

but i've worn em before, and it took me about a game to break them in

the court wasn't really the greatest either, but you should be good

Lol, yeah...I had a nasty herniated disk back in '05, still sends shocks throughout my back to this day, and I still haven't shaken off the weight. Bad dieting, playing twice a week, and beer don't help too much either though.

Wore em again last night and the traction was a little better, I still don't get that bite though, I feel as if on certain cuts and changes of direction that I slip a little (I play on well maintained high school courts too). Court feel is incredible though.

Originally Posted by eenxsoon

The kobe v's feel really unstable for me
the outriggers helped me once. but i see it just giving out the next time i step on someone.
the cushion is great. my knees get the cushion they need
but i feel like the shoe itself is really delicate. i can't fully use my strength when using these.. just my opinion

you arent suppose to step on peoples feet when you play and in any shoe you wear if you step on someone's foot the chances of rolling is there no matter what shoe...you foot is uneven period, so its not the shoe but your lack of coordination
roll.gif

if NBA explosives players can explode in these you can too...shoe itself feel delicate and you cant use your full strength? what does that even mean?

Originally Posted by KeonClark7

Originally Posted by budgetballin

"Yo Kobe V's I-Im really happy for you but the Hurrache 2k4's are the best basketball shoes of all time!"

How would a overweight, flatfooted person do with these shoes? Does the lunarfoam stuff flatten out? Its a tossup between the KDII's and these and I wanted to get the most information as possible.

The Zoom Kobe V and the Huarache 2K4 have the same cushioning setup.
music to my ears...i love my 2k4 and consider them the standard for all bball shoes, they are good ol' reliable

i was tired of wearing low tops for balling so i decided to lace up my AML7. i like hitting fadeaway and turnaround jumpshots (without the grace in movement when the mamba does it. haha)and felt like i was not elevating the way i want to and cannot convert an attempt. i also cannot spin that quick so i changed into my BLs.. whew!!! all i can say is the restriction caused by the hi top aml7 was affecting me like hell. when i changed into the kb5 i suddenly was converting on my jumpers. KB5>aml7 bottomline.. well its for me though.. sometime after easter im going to try to compare the performance of lbj7 PS vs the ZK5s.

Ok the aways are in and I have to say they fit a little longer than when I tried the inlines in the store.  Double socking fixed that though.  Court feel is amazing

maybe one day I might actually rock these kicks...my four pairs are still sitting in their boxes

do it and you won't regret it at all
i still dont understand spending money and not wearing the shoes

I like my shoes tight on me. My left one fits perfect when I lace them up but my right is loose and when I tighten it up the tongue hurts me. Anyone have the same problem or solution?

After going from ZK5 to Adidas Supernatural Creator to Air Jordan 2010, I can honestly say that the ZK5 KILLS these shoes as far as performance goes. I can't wait to get back on the court with my Kobes damn!

I tried these on yesterday at my local footlocker. I plan to get the lower merion ACE edition. I have the 4's and after trying on the 5's I def. notice that the 5's is more breatheable. Going to cop tomorrow.

Originally Posted by 3miyasaki3

I like my shoes tight on me. My left one fits perfect when I lace them up but my right is loose and when I tighten it up the tongue hurts me. Anyone have the same problem or solution?

break them in some more.

i had a similar issue with the collar, it was rubbing against my ankle bone, but after a few hours it was fine.

IF I were to throw the sof sole air insole into the shoe, would i want to go a half size up from what I normally wear ? 

Originally Posted by joel2812

IF I were to throw the sof sole air insole into the shoe, would i want to go a half size up from what I normally wear ? 
Yeah, you can cut them if you get a bigger size though. They are made using a sort of universal sizing. It's like 8-9.5 or something and so on.

so i was thinking about purchasing these and im normailly a size 13....but i tried on my teammates size 12 just for the heck of it and they fit like a normal 13 would on me. Is this common for the ZK5?

I wear a 12.5-13 normally and the size 13 is ideal for me. And my feet are on the narrower side as well.

Originally Posted by gmac32

so i was thinking about purchasing these and im normailly a size 13....but i tried on my teammates size 12 just for the heck of it and they fit like a normal 13 would on me. Is this common for the ZK5?
Either you or your mate are wearing the wrong size.
laugh.gif

^lol honestly i think my feet are shrinking ha. idk what it is. its like all of a sudden size 13's are too big! i dont get it

Did you lose a big amount of weight or something? When is the last time you actually measured your feet? We WILL get to the bottom of this.

Back
Top Bottom