Nike Air Zoom Kobe V Review - The Greatest Basketball Shoe of ALL TIME

Originally Posted by regui8er

Originally Posted by joejoebob2099

i feel my distal tibia slide anteriorly on my talus

also, i feel like the EKG/ECG traction pattern shows slight ST depression, can someone correct me on that? i feel like it enters the t wave before it gets to baseline
wow.
you are so cool.
fine maybe the second question was unnecessary, but the first one is a sincere question, and yea I'm a nerd and i wish i was a bigger one, but regardless i just had my question answered as i got a pair as a present and didnt have that problem
smh, What kind of world do we live in, where the well-educated are insulted. Regui8er don't mind him, just keep doing your thing

I like this shoe, but I'm not convinced it's the type of shoe for my particular game.

I know that this shoe is super light, and the fact that it's a low top doesn't bother me. What does bother me is the fact that the material on the shoe is super thin. Every time someone steps on my foot or whenever I stub my toe, I'm in excruciating pain...like the shoe offers no protection in that area.

Maybe it's just me though.

Okay, so i have what i feel is a legitimate concern, when i stop on my left foot, i feel my distal tibia slide anteriorly on my talus, (the bottom of my leg on my ankle keeps going after my foot stops), i wear lebron 20 5 5s (had 2 pairs, like the shoe a lot) and its time for a change, i wear a brace and tighten the crap outta my left ankle (the ankle area is kinda wide on these shoes), BUT i also ball in pair of Jordan XXI PEs and i DONT need an ankle brace cuz the ankle area is pretty tight and fits snug around my ankle. I usually dont have a problem rolling my ankle, its literally only the front of my ankle. (I live in chicago, and goto school in phoenix so i fly back and forth, my XXI PEs are in chicago)

will i still need to wear my ankle brace or is the lacing up top by the tongue high enough?

the reason im asking this is cuz my ankle brace is super worn out (albeit crappy quality), and im trying to avoid buying another one if i dont need to (i'm broke man)

also, i feel like the EKG/ECG traction pattern shows slight ST depression, can someone correct me on that? i feel like it enters the t wave before it gets to baseline
"The bottom of your leg on your ankle keeps going after your foot stops"?????

What the hell are you talking about?

Look: Ankle braces stop your ankle from moving around. That's it. The better the brace, the less your ankle moves. Low top shoes like the Kobe V allow your ankle to move freely. If you want your ankle to move, then get these shoes. If you don't, get them and use a brace, or get a mid-top shoe.

You might want to look into some ESL classes, because not a whole lot of that post makes any sense. Especially when you throw in freshman anatomy terms for no reason...

ZombieJesus12 wrote:

You might want to look into some ESL classes, because not a whole lot of that post makes any sense. Especially when you throw in freshman anatomy terms for no reason...

i know some people might not have gotten what im saying and thats totally cool, but im in medical school, so dont be so quick to knock on people,

good lookin out JLking, i know now ill prolly get ripped for my grammar and spelling

Originally Posted by Crazy EBW

ZombieJesus is my favorite NTer.

Cosign
roll.gif

T-Waves, Baseline and ST Elevation/Depression are all terms that relate to an electrocardiogram, or heart health... how do you use them to describe your ankle?

Originally Posted by indianpryd45

T-Waves, Baseline and ST Elevation/Depression are all terms that relate to an electrocardiogram, or heart health... how do you use them to describe your ankle?

eyes.gif
Oh brother!

Originally Posted by KingjamesJP84

Dude breaking stuff down by using medical terms
laugh.gif
Nerds shouldnt be playing basketball . They're too technical

I'd rather call him a Flashy Nerd showcasing knowledge but you forgot something son! You are off school and on court so stop being nerdy cause you may get hurt
laugh.gif
jk

Originally Posted by DeezyVSOP

I don't understand why it's so difficult to grasp that some people are not going to like this shoe, or will have bad experiences with it.

That's true for every basketball shoe ever made, and it always will be.

I agree with this.  But after finally being convinced to try the Kobe 5, and being completely blown away by it after I broke it in....it is hard to read criticism about it.  I am probably wrong in this, but when I read that someone doesn't like this shoe for ball I pretty much dismiss them of not having the right size shoe or not knowing what they are talking about when it comes to bball sneakers.

Originally Posted by prestigetgs

I don't understand why it's so difficult to grasp that some people are not going to like this shoe, or will have bad experiences with it.

I agree with this.  But after finally being convinced to try the Kobe 5, and being completely blown away by it after I broke it in....it is hard to read criticism about it.  I am probably wrong in this, but when I read that someone doesn't like this shoe for ball I pretty much dismiss them of not having the right size shoe or not knowing what they are talking about when it comes to bball sneakers.

Fixed.

Originally Posted by Crazy EBW

Originally Posted by prestigetgs

Fixed.
smokin.gif
grin.gif

question with the fit.,i wear sz 13 on my kobe iv.is the kobe v narrower or wider than the kobe iv?btw i have a wide feet.,what should i stay true to size?

I just got these3 days ago, played ball in them for the first time today. Even without breaking them in fully, I can honestly say that these are now my favorite shoes to play in. I've had the opportunity to play in the Zoom Ultraflights back when they came out in '03, I played my pair to death, then bought about 2 different pairs over the years and destroyed those also. The V's just took over the top spot with only 2 hours of playing. How can a shoe so plain looking be so nice to put on your feet? They don't look like they're worth $130 at all.

Originally Posted by chaose57

question with the fit.,i wear sz 13 on my kobe iv.is the kobe v narrower or wider than the kobe iv?btw i have a wide feet.,what should i stay true to size?

The Kobe V will mold to your feet.

I seen the ones pictured on page one at niketown LA on sale for $65. I have the POP version and I love them.  The review on the first page is on point.

After wearing these shoes off and on for a few months, I can honestly say that I will never wear them again to play ball.

Poor traction, ankle support is non existent, and imo the shoe is just TOO light...and I don't feel that way just because the shoe is a low cut, because I had no issues whatsoever with the ZK4.

Back
Top Bottom