Nike Air Zoom Kobe V Review - The Greatest Basketball Shoe of ALL TIME

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by si3n4

The Kobe Vs are great shoes. The fit, comfort, lockdown, and stability of these are amazing. However, I PREFER to wear other shoes for basketball - especially for long runs. I find the traction and cushioning to be little lacking in these for my needs. I can totally understand why so many people love these shoes. They just don't quite work for my body mechanics.
According to crazy, you're wrong then.

These are the greatest basketball shoes of all time.  That's a fact.  According to crazy.

Yes, you, expressing your opinion and preference about these shoes, are wrong, about your opinion and preferences.  According to crazy.

That about sum it up crazy?

We gotta sit in here and listen to you whine all day? Get over it, kid.

You're in a forum called "Kobe V Greatest Shoe of All Time" getting mad at people who love the Kobe V. Find a better way to spend your time, seek out things you like so you can react positively instead of negatively.

Like I said before, go look up the phrase "tongue in cheek". Then maybe instead of being so butt-hurt over it, you can have a sense of humor and move on. Don't bother with a reply, you're now blocked from my account.

oh and

GAME 1: LAKERS 102, CELTICS 89. 3 more to go!

No, he said they're great. He understands, he just rather wear something else. That's fine. As long as the greatness is recognized, it works.

kobe v's one of the best bball shoe.when compared to my "pillowy" kobe iv, these are the "bouncy-responsive" kobe 5.lol

Originally Posted by Crazy EBW

No, he said they're great. He understands, he just rather wear something else. That's fine. As long as the greatness is recognized, it works.
So what he said works, but what I said doesn't?

We're saying the same thing.  People have different preferences for bball shoes.  I can't acknowledge the greatness, because I've never worn them.  I'm sure I'd be impressed with them too.  But even if I think they're the greatest, that's still my opinion (and your opinion), not fact.

High five zombie.  (can someone tell him I said that since he blocked me, I was waiting for him to chime in
happy.gif
)

*And they'll probably hit outlets.  Pure conjecture, but even crazy limited shoes hit outlets, and these are GR's.

Originally Posted by Mister Friendly

Originally Posted by grittyman20

Why would you want a shoe to be heavy if it can do a better job of support and still be light?
laugh.gif
who said I wanted a shoe to be heavy? The Kobe 5 does not offer better support of a HEAVIER shoe like a Lebron VII PS or a KD2...it just doesn't.

Actually the Kobe V has just as much Zoom as the Lebron VII PS does and it HAS more Zoom then the KD2. The KD2 only have forefoot Zoom.

I know you may say the Kobe V is a lowtop so it has less upport but the outrigger on these shoes are outstanding and gives the shoe balance.

wasn't the ZLBJ VIIPS touted as having larger/thicker zoom bags than ever seen before?

that being said, the ZKV is too much goodness on my feet. if only there was a TRUE blackout pair, i would insta-cop. inlines are sick too though.

Originally Posted by offbad

Originally Posted by Mister Friendly

Originally Posted by grittyman20

Why would you want a shoe to be heavy if it can do a better job of support and still be light?
laugh.gif
who said I wanted a shoe to be heavy? The Kobe 5 does not offer better support of a HEAVIER shoe like a Lebron VII PS or a KD2...it just doesn't.

Actually the Kobe V has just as much Zoom as the Lebron VII PS does and it HAS more Zoom then the KD2. The KD2 only have forefoot Zoom.

I know you may say the Kobe V is a lowtop so it has less upport but the outrigger on these shoes are outstanding and gives the shoe balance.

wasn't the ZLBJ VIIPS touted as having larger/thicker zoom bags than ever seen before?

that being said, the ZKV is too much goodness on my feet. if only there was a TRUE blackout pair, i would insta-cop. inlines are sick too though.

When it comes to cushioning and support LeBron shoes have always been a trademark. His shoes have really evolved from a performance perspective but nothing can surpass Kobe sneakers when it comes to true performance. I agree with all you guys giving the ZKV the best performance of all time award
tongue.gif
. It truly deserves it.

We all know what support is and it definitely isn't all about cushioning let's not lie to our selves.
The Zoom Kobe V can not offer the same support as the KD2 or the 7PS, that's true.

When you are bigger, heavier or have some greater protection than performance needs due to your foot shape or gait etc, even if your game style is different than normal( f.e. Using your heel more than usual instead of your forefoot) you need more support or at least on some particular locations.

These locations can be on the arch where you need bigger sidewalls, the heel where you may need some midsole wrap ups just like the KD2 where the rubber goes goes up to the heel for bigger protection and stability or the width of the shoe, not only the cushioning.

On the ZL7PS they used a 14mm full met heel zoom bag which means that is is a lot wider and bigger so it covers the whole calcaneus bone. It gives you more impact protection than regularly needed and on the forefoot they used a full met bag. What I mean is that on the ZKV they focus on the exact pressure points where your feet strike like on the center of the heel and on the first metatarsals. They do it for performance reasons since it makes the shoe more flexible, responsive and lighter while giving you exactly what your feet need.  

That being said you can all imagine why LeBron would not be able to play on some ZKVs right? He would destroy them. For the same reason Kobe would not be able to perform on some 7PS cause he would simply feel restricted and less quick.

Lebron probably would destroy the Kobe V's. But I'm sure Kobe could still play in the Lebron VII's if he had to, and I don't think it would affect his game that much.

I agree that the Kobe line has put out some great shoes. 2K4, 2K5, Kobe I, awesome performance shoes.

I'm looking for some Bron VII PS reviews now, I didn't realize they were that different from the original versions.

This shoe is truly one of those love it / hate it shoes.
Some guys can play in low cuts, some guys swear that they cant.
For the guys that like light lowcuts with adequete cushioning, this shoe is 100% hands down the best out right now.
But some people will disagree cause the shoe doesn't work for them.

I personally love the shoe. I'm 6'3, 220 and play mostly forward positions, and I love the overall feel of the shoe. I have no complaints about the grip and the improved the court feel from the kobe IV (which had AMAZING court feel).

That said, this shoe could use some improvements to make it MY g.o.a.t shoe.
The cushioning setup is OK, but the shoe could really benefit from a performance sockliner. The polyurethane ones found in the Jordan XIX, Zoom Gen, Lebron II & III etc. would work wonders for this shoe. Overall cushioning feel and response would be improved and it would give a better ride for bigger players.
The cut of the shoe doesn't really bother me too much, but I much prefer the cut of the Zoom Kobe IV which was more of a 5/8th's. Again, for bigger players that want to be more mobile but like some proprioceptive feedback around the ankle would appreciate the kobe IV cut as opposed to the kobe V cut. Those millimetres of material make a big difference.

Overall, there isn't a shoe that can flatout outperform the Kobe V. This shoe IS an extension of your foot. But this shoe isn't for everyone, but the again, it shouldn't be. Just like the Lebron series isn't for everyone. For me, if I needed to grab a pair for ONE big game to go all out, the Kobe V with a performance insole would be it. But for long pickup runs or practices I might go with something thats got slightly more protection.

People need to try their shoes on, and form their own opinions about shoes based on their foot type, playing style and what they personally need/prefer in their basketball shoes.

Offbad, since you are probably being ironic I definitely don't mean to be nerdy by any means but just have some basic input on what you guys stated since most of the people who read this isn't really knowledgeable when it comes to tech matters and really appreciate some extensive and detailed analysis.

Storm Ryder great post. Really nice comparison with the ZKIV and I agree with you on the insole, it can really make the difference.

I honestly think the V are a bit overrated. They're probably the best shoes for guards and smaller people out there but they're definitely not the greatest shoes for bigger players

Originally Posted by Gggggas

Offbad, since you are probably being ironic I definitely don't mean to be nerdy by any means but just have some basic input on what you guys stated since most of the people who read this isn't really knowledgeable when it comes to tech matters and really appreciate some extensive and detailed analysis.

Storm Ryder great post. Really nice comparison with the ZKIV and I agree with you on the insole, it can really make the difference.
no no not at all. it is really appreciated. i am particularly obsessive about the tech and specs of shoes, especially the basketball ones.

i remember you gave me some helpful insight on ZK IIIs before too.

Originally Posted by offbad

Originally Posted by Gggggas

no no not at all. it is really appreciated. i am particularly obsessive about the tech and specs of shoes, especially the basketball ones.

i remember you gave me some helpful insight on ZK IIIs before too.
Ok cool
smile.gif
 I am all about the tech too on all kinds of shoes but the basketball ones are my favorite too. Glad that I helped on the ZK3
wink.gif

Are you guys wearing the same exact size in the V that you did in the IV? I'm about to grab a pair, just nowhere to try them on before ordering. I wear an 11.5 in the IV and KD2, but a size 11 in Penny 1/2 Cent and LBJ VII. Thanks for your help.

Originally Posted by Arkansas Shoehead

Are you guys wearing the same exact size in the V that you did in the IV? I'm about to grab a pair, just nowhere to try them on before ordering. I wear an 11.5 in the IV and KD2, but a size 11 in Penny 1/2 Cent and LBJ VII. Thanks for your help.
i wear the same size for the IV and V.

Originally Posted by ACBboyz84

I honestly think the V are a bit overrated. They're probably the best shoes for guards and smaller people out there but they're definitely not the greatest shoes for bigger players

i love my v's. they're my favorite of all time. but like you said, they're not great for the bigger guys. there is no such thing such as a perfect shoe..........."yet".

so how big would you say someone has to be in order for these shoes to not be for him? certainly bigger than kobe, LO, or frye right?

Originally Posted by cbfpunch

so how big would you say someone has to be in order for these shoes to not be for him? certainly bigger than kobe, LO, or frye right?
Odom and Frye are basically just tall guards. I don't think they weight that much and doesn't have enough strength to post up other heavier forwards. They also play like guards too lol. Talking about soft big men lol . Obviously Kobes shoes would be better for these guys because they rely on speed and quickness. But If you need to go down low and play the post up game i think you would benefit more from a well cushioned and supportive shoes like Lebrons.

ZKV's are my favorite shoe to ball in but I'm not a fan of this... worn only 10-12 times, indoors only.

33eo38i.jpg

vq1kj9.jpg

Back
Top Bottom