Nike Air Zoom Kobe V Review - The Greatest Basketball Shoe of ALL TIME

Damn
frown.gif
 It hurts just by looking at the pics, poor DKs...

damn KeonClark7, that sucks...

send them back to nike. i doubt you'll get DK's in return though =/

I know, it was soul crushing to see. I thought about sending them in but I don't really want another colorway or a voucher... I want DK's! lol

I'll probably try gluing it and see if that holds up. Has this happened to anyone else?

good luck^

just broke in my ID's today
pimp.gif

at first, they were uncomfortable and hurting my feet... but after about 4 hours, they were fine.

therefore.. 4 hour break-in period required imo.

for those that don't visit the ID thread

photouq.jpg

Damn KC7!
Yeah, these are not the most durable shoes out, I have about 4 teammates with the dark knights and one already had to send his pair back cause the midsole was detaching from the shoe.

Other guys have alot of the overlays coming off or dis-coloring.

A bit disappointing....

Ya Ive play in mine for maybe 4 weeks and the outsole is starting to detach already.

damn.. none of this happened to my GR.

does anyone know what happens if your nike id's turn out to be defective??

Nike-Air-Zoom-Kobe-V-Review--Greatest-Basketball-Shoe---TIME.html
moz-screenshot-1.png
moz-screenshot.png

I remember having some Agassi tennis shoes like 15 years ago with a similar clear sole.  Don't know of course if it is the same material or not, but I remember that pieces of the sole were breaking off similar to this.  Great shoes though.

Just bought some Del Sole's.  Finally.  Can't wait to try them out.  I love my Hyperdunk lows but need better forefoot cushioning, so I'm thinking I should really dig the V's.

Looks like I'll have to limit my DK balling to keep them looking good. Fortunately the Lakers in 7 means the Home and Away Big Stages will be mine soon enough, that should space out the rotation...

Finally got my first pair off ebay.  WOW, they are amazing.  I can't believe I even compared them to the Hyperdunk low's.  I tell ya, when you compare the tech on these and the way they perform to other shoes in this retail price range, these are a deal. Absolutely an amazing shoe. 

Question- Have they ever or will Nike ever release the Black Outs?  Where do guys cop the BK's other than Ebay.  Factory store?

Anyone else's non-DK Kobe's coming apart? Wondering if the sole issue only occurs with the DK/clear soles, or if its a design flaw affecting every colorway regardless of sole material.

After reading all these reviews, looks like they're worth it. Just ordered a pair of iDs yesterday. I honestly can't wait to ball in them already.

I was lookin at the ID's it seems like there isnt as many options on the V's as the IV's... Before they allowed 4 characters and now its down to 2..

^ huh?

they allow 2 on the side of the shoe, and 6 on the inside of the tongue

IIRC, the 4's it was 8 on the side and 2 at the back of the shoe..

Originally Posted by Ballaholic

I need a new bball shoe. Do yall recommend this shoe out off the all shoes available?

i would recommend this shoe if you are looking for a lightweight shoe and you like low to the ground feel.  i am a fan of the IVs so if you can get a pair for cheap then even better, especially since everyone is on the V fix.  i also recommend the 2k4s...it all depends on your size and the type of shoe you are looking for to fit your style of play.

just to add, these shoes WILL get torn up outdoors. balled in my IDs with clear soles about 2 times for 3 hours each, and i can see significant wear on the traction. Not sure if its the same with the XDR versions though (blackouts and Del sols?)
btw im 5'10, 175lbs. balled on concrete, not asphalt

Originally Posted by blackwood hardtop

just to add, these shoes WILL get torn up outdoors. balled in my IDs with clear soles about 2 times for 3 hours each, and i can see significant wear on the traction. Not sure if its the same with the XDR versions though (blackouts and Del sols?)
btw im 5'10, 175lbs. balled on concrete, not asphalt

concrete is MUCH rougher on shoes than asphalt. What the hell you doing playing on concrete, anyway, you got sidewalk bball courts? Find some blacktop, your knees and your shoes will thank you

I'm on my 3rd pair...the previous two both ripped in the same exact spot - left foot near the pinkie toe area, it's coming apart along the seam where the clear bottom meets the black midsole (POP). It's a fantastic shoe when intact, but I have no confidence in its durability due to the two-piece design of the sole/midsole.

Back
Top Bottom