Nike AM90 and AM1 Vintage pack

^ lol thats what im sayin, why would i pay over a $100 for a shoe that looks worn already, nvr was a fan of the vintage treatment i like my new shoes to look brand new

Originally Posted by mints

Originally Posted by green rhino123

i don't know what nike has against retro'ing the wht/grey/navy blue-red original colorway
instead of the wht/grey/red 100 times

http://sneakernews.com/20.../nike-air-max-1-vintage/

it looks like those might be coming out with the vintage treatment too. I'm shocked they're not dropping this year for the 25th Anniversary, but oh well.

am5.jpg

the swoosh should be blue too though (& da sole should be three-tone) 

The vintage treatment actually looks somewhat acceptable.. Although I am in favor of aging my own shoes, through years of wear.. Maybe they don't believe their own products can last years anymore and if you want that vintage yellowed look, you better buy them NEW that way

Guess I'm in the minority, I'm actually a fan of the vintage look. The Nike Cortez that dropped this year with the vintage leather was nice. I liked the AJKOs that dropped last year, as well as the vintage Pegasus and Tailwinds.

Might try to cop the AM 1s. My Infrared AM 90s from a few years back are still DS. Hopefully they drop some more OG color-ways(done correctly) of the AM 90s.

all lookin good. Was never a big fan of the vntg treatment but it grew on me. Ive always needed a new pair of infareds, but id prob rather pay up for a pair from last release then cop the vintage. the am1s look real nice. Gonna tough to decide which ones to cop

Originally Posted by trethousandgt

Both will be Copped, wish they would do this with Jordan's and then throw Nike Air on the back

pimp.gif
 And I always thought about what if JB was to do this whole "vintage" thing too.

So are these discounted in price? The yellowed midsole is basically an unpainted midsole, just raw foam. That's gotta be at least $5 off in price.

Originally Posted by WallyHopp

So are these discounted in price? The yellowed midsole is basically an unpainted midsole, just raw foam. That's gotta be at least $5 off in price.
these will probably still be painted...with piss yellow "vintage" paint. Probably the same process they used for the "vintage" AM Lights from last year. So disappointed with that shoe, wanted to cop, but that pee stained midsole just looked horrendous.
6436882183_6202e8f848_b.jpg

I've been told you can just wipe it off, but according to this guy, nothing really works, you'll have to re-paint it

I actually like the 90's. Nike destroyed the shape of the 1's after the hoa's and never got it right since.

I was totally down for those AM Lights but also there was no guarantee that yellow crap was going to completely come off. Materials look better than average on the vintage stuff as well.........

I was never a AM1 fan but those look real nice. Goes well w/ the vintage theme. Hopefully there will be plenty around so it'll be easy to pick up.

Nike is having me bring my Mr. Clean Magic Eraser to the store to rub off these bad boys. Enough with the vintage look, no one even gives a nut. I will likely wait to see if it can be rubbed off and if it can I will cop accordingly.

Back
Top Bottom