Nike AM90 and AM1 Vintage pack

i need more air maxes in my collection i got a pair of infareds love that colorway

I have to admit I'm not entirely interested in the vintage look of the yellowed midsole, but I would like to get myself my first pair of 1's.

Asylum Sneaker had a closer look at the AM1 Vintage.

http://asylumsneaker.com/?p=798

I can easily see myself picking up at least one pair of the AM1

am12013.jpg

I will be copping the am1s to paint so i dont have to spend 200+ on the last retro.. Anybody know when these are due out?

Edit - nvm article says spring 13 :x i want them now

Last edited:
I will be copping the am1s to paint so i dont have to spend 200+ on the last retro.. Anybody know when these are due out?
Edit - nvm article says spring 13 :x i want them now

What's crazy was how easy it was to find the AM1 QS from 2009 for less than 60 when they hit the outlets. I spent maybe 4 minutes on the phone to get my pair, but almost 3 years on the soles are starting to crack from all the abuse I've given them.

Red air unit on these? SMH no thanks. Hope they don't do this with the infrareds.

Last edited:
Red air unit on these? SMH no thanks. Hope they don't do this with the infrareds.

It's not the first time they've put a red air unit on them though, Looking at the picture of all the variations on the sport red in the AM1 thread it seems to be every other time they decide to go with a red unit, even the 99s which outside of the original are the ones everyone wants had a red air unit. I can deal with everything on these, especially if the midsole yellowing is as minimal as it appears in that picture, that looks more like they decided to go with a Sail midsole.

I wonder if you're going to be able to rub it off or away like the AJKO's from a few years ago... that would be good.

I'm passing on these though... I still have 2 pairs of Infrareds, and I'm not interested in those piss stained AM 1.

Nike,

If you are gonna make them resemble the originals, please use the bordered tongue at least. Damn, they cant even get that right. Take the AM1 back to Thailand, Nike.

OG Version 1

OG Version 2

White/Red with a 90 sole, circa 1992

1997 White/Red Leather SC

1999 mesh White/Red

2002 White/Red Clear Air Unit

2005 HOA's

2005 Euro OG Mesh, but a darker red was used

2009 QS1

2009 Nike Air Maxim

2013 Vintage Pair
am12013.jpg

Last edited:
Idk, the vintage sole looks interesting, in a good way. I could see myself picking em up.

Just out of curiosity, how much are the 2002 and HoA pairs running for on eBay?

Idk, the vintage sole looks interesting, in a good way. I could see myself picking em up.
Just out of curiosity, how much are the 2002 and HoA pairs running for on eBay?

HOA's are going between 200 and 250, but they are few and far between. Hell one seller had a DS Pair of HOA's in a 10.5 a couple months ago for 175 shipped, and they sat that way for about a day. Ive never seen a pair of 02's or 05 Euros on ebay. They are even rarer.

If I can get my hands on a pair of both I will cop. I need to replace my 2010 Infrareds that I have beat.

HOA's are going between 200 and 250, but they are few and far between. Hell one seller had a DS Pair of HOA's in a 10.5 a couple months ago for 175 shipped, and they sat that way for about a day. Ive never seen a pair of 02's or 05 Euros on ebay. They are even rarer.

Great post above El Bro. I remember that HOA 10.5.

Overall, ive just come to accept every future version will never be exactly the same as originals, so with that said, i'll probably end up with a pair of these VNTGs.

Anyone else more interested in seeing Nike using new tech to re-hash old styles, rather than releasing versions that make them look old?

Overall, ive just come to accept every future version will never be exactly the same as originals, so with that said, i'll probably end up with a pair of these VNTGs.
Anyone else more interested in seeing Nike using new tech to re-hash old styles, rather than releasing versions that make them look old?

Whats crazy is that all Nike needs to do is take the side material, and bring it down to wear its straight and not slanted. Its like they are doing it on purpose. I dont understand their reasoning for making the side material so high in towards the back of the shoe and making it slant downwards so much. >D Its such a simple fix for the workers to do, just even it out. Its mind boggling.

They already did that with the Hyperfuse AM90. Honestly I'm shocked that resale is so high for these when they have been released in every form possible in the last few years...

Back
Top Bottom