Nike Basketball (any brand) Rotation/Performance Reviews

Search is finally over, I must have similar feet to KD. I was initially worried about the width of the sole but you sit so low to the ground an outrigger is not necessary. Cushion is fantastic although I wish they extended the zoom out to the toes, feels like there's a crater under my big toe. Problem with LeBrons is that you know you're wearing a shoe because they're heavier and beefier, I put on the KDs and didn't think about them during games.
20190513_205204.jpg

Idk how y’all ball in the kyrie 5.

They were horrible to me traction and cushion wise
I eas told the 1st colorway and taco pairs have a rubber compound that aren’t that suitable for performance. Kinda have to get other colorways to enjoy the shoe and get the performance you need. Actual traction doesn’t mattee if the rubber compound isn’t great.

guys that have worn the lebron 15 over the last year, what's the verdict?
If you've played in the KD 11 it's very similar to that. I use mine as a warmup / shootaround shoe.

Pros: Cushion. Comfort.
Cons: Stability (very high ride). Traction. While I've never slipped out, it never sticks either.

The 16 is a better version of the 15.

Anyone notice Wilson Evolution balls vary wildly between each other? At my pickup run most of us bring our own Evos to shoot around with when off the game and in between games. Just feeling everyone's balls and some can be super soft and grippy, or soft but slick, or hard and grippy or hard and slick. It's truly a wild card. I used to think it was a matter of breaking in but some of my running mates balls just never broke in the way the "game balls" we use did.

Anyone notice Wilson Evolution balls vary wildly between each other? At my pickup run most of us bring our own Evos to shoot around with when off the game and in between games. Just feeling everyone's balls and some can be super soft and grippy, or soft but slick, or hard and grippy or hard and slick. It's truly a wild card. I used to think it was a matter of breaking in but some of my running mates balls just never broke in the way the "game balls" we use did.
9F72899F-BFB3-4224-A1D3-EFDD918902D9.gif

Had extended run for the first time in the KD12 tonight. Traction was better than I thought it would be on a 24 hour fitness floor. Zoom felt comfortable, but I don't think I would call it bouncy. Not like an unlocked zoom setup or even some past KD models - last one I played in was the 8. It felt much better than past full length zoom models i've hooped in though, last one being the Jordan 31. My favorite model to hoop in this year has been the Harden v3. These are way different, but just as good.

the serial number on the ball is a good indicator, they explain it in the Amazon reviews which letter yours should start with to get the better batch

I made a bad decision shooting around in hyperdunk 12s yesterday, my joints ache this morning. The Lunar in the forefoot didn't compress

I've noticed this too. The more recent ones (last 4 years or so) don't break in like they used to.

the serial number on the ball is a good indicator, they explain it in the Amazon reviews which letter yours should start with to get the better batch

word? Gotta look into that.

You guys see the new Evolution Nxt that Wilson's coming out with? Def interested to see how it performs.

Had extended run for the first time in the KD12 tonight. Traction was better than I thought it would be on a 24 hour fitness floor. Zoom felt comfortable, but I don't think I would call it bouncy. Not like an unlocked zoom setup or even some past KD models - last one I played in was the 8. It felt much better than past full length zoom models i've hooped in though, last one being the Jordan 31. My favorite model to hoop in this year has been the Harden v3. These are way different, but just as good.

My favorite shoes this year have also been the Harden 3s. Second place right now is the KD12s. At first I thought the cushioning was fine and not that exciting. Took a few wears for the midsole foam to break in, but once they do the shoes come alive.

For the most part I’m a max cushion set up type of guy... but I had to get the Kobe 4 Carpe Diems despite the fact that there’s just phylon in the forefoot.

Played in them for the first time tonight... wow.

I don’t know that I’ve ever felt heel zoom be that fat and bouncey. And the phylon held its own over the course of about 5 games.

I’m interested to see how long the phylon holds up but those 4’s are RIDICULOUSLY FUN to play in!

My only other gripe with them is that i have to lace them all the way up to get that propreoception going. I tried playing with them laced up only to the second to last loops and it felt dangerous. I don’t know how Demar Derozan plays in all of his shoes like that lol...

My updated rotation:

- why not zero 2’s (performer of the year)
- Royal Foamposites (what can I say I’m a savage and somehow my pair doesn’t have heel slip)
- Carpe Diems

Out of the rotation:
- harden 3’s (boost bottomed out)
- harden 2’s ( boost bottomed out)
- Lebron 11’s (they’ll re enter the rotation at some point like that always do)
-Lebron 16’s (too high off the ground, too many ankle rolls).

Pics when I get a chance...

i'm taking the kobe 1 protro out of my rotation.. will wear them here and there but for now will stick with the kd12, kobe ad and whynot 0.1

need more kd12's

Nice!!!! Originally started this thread to see everyone's rotation but it started to become a rotation/review thread, which is cool, of course...but let's see what everyone's rotation is looking like. BTW, you're a beast for hoopin in foams. Haha. Don't know how you do it.

13C3FEF4-20A2-4FCF-8715-224A68EF8886.jpeg
Here is my sneaker drawer in my office for lunchtime basketball games. Add Lebron 16 low which isn’t pictured. Kobe I protro still my top option. For some reason the zoom air on the Kobe I gives me an instant springy sensation under my forefoot far more than any other shoes. Anyone else find this true? Anyone else have instant forefoot bounce in other shoes not pictured here?

13C3FEF4-20A2-4FCF-8715-224A68EF8886.jpeg
Here is my sneaker drawer in my office for lunchtime basketball games. Add Lebron 16 low which isn’t pictured. Kobe I protro still my top option. For some reason the zoom air on the Kobe I gives me an instant springy sensation under my forefoot far more than any other shoes. Anyone else find this true? Anyone else have instant forefoot bounce in other shoes not pictured here?
I didn't pick them up at the time, but I remember trying these on at a FTL and being shocked at how much i could feel the forefoot zoom. I know it's just a regular zoom bag, but maybe the phylon used had something to do with it idk...

Attachments

• download.jpeg
    download.jpeg
    5.4 KB · Views: 19
Back
Top Bottom