Nike Basketball (any brand) Rotation/Performance Reviews

IMG_20191007_000356.jpg
after playing in the dustiest court in history of ball lol theyre dirty af. IMG_20191007_000356.jpg

Finally got around to trying on the KD12. Great court feel , traction and foot security.
Anyone buy a lot of shoes for their kid? My 11yo son (sz. 7) wants good traction and preferably lightweight shoe. Has Lava 16 and PG3. Looking at Jordan XXXIV, KD12, Kyrie low, and Zoom Freak. Recommendations?

My actual foot size is 11.5 according to the Brannock device
Freak 1 - size 12 - too narrow
Kyrie 5 - size 12 - too narrow
PG 3 - size 12/12.5 - too narrow
Harden 3 - size 12 - too narrow
Dame 5 - size 12/12.5 - too narrow
KD 12 - tried both size 12/12.5, blistered my feet real bad (between toes)
LeBron 16 hot lava - size 12 - blistered my feet
Don issue 1 - size 12 - runs long but fits good
Dame 4 - size 12 - current shoe I’m hopping in. Love it, but lack cushion
Whynot0.2 SE - size 12 - fits good, but front ankle hurts when tightened too much. Plus the tongue is huge. Also, some people mentioned about splitting... so idk (going to get couple of more days in)
Zoom rise - size 12.5 - going to try them out in the morning

6’1” about 195 lbs

Would like to purchase a shoe to replace dame 4 soon. Good cushion and overall good performer is what I am looking for. Considering (zoom rise size 12.5) (don issue 1 size 12) (LeBron 16 size 12.5) (whynot0.2 SE size 12 - pending how they feel).

Any recommendations are appreciated!

thanks

I am going to give the Nike Air Force Max Low a go this week fellas. Will update how they feel. Once I saw them on Brad Beal's feet I wanted them. They were looking FRESH

Can’t wait to hear your thoughts. Ive held them in hand and they’re not super bulky or heavy (really liked the way they look). Something tells me bc they’re not “popular” or a signature sneaker, most people will sleep on them. Nike has a few on sale on their website as well.

JS”

Has anyone played in Nike Zoom Rize? I am decided whether or not I should pick one up.

I played in them. Not bad, but not great. Great Cushion and traction, Nice Foot support but Bulky and felt like blocks on my feet haha. They are out my rotation.

I played in them. Not bad, but not great. Great Cushion and traction, Nice Foot support but Bulky and felt like blocks on my feet haha. They are out my rotation.

I agree. Excellent cushion and traction. Support and lockdown is great too. It's a little stiff at first but it took a long time to break in. The midsole is softer type of phylon but takes a while to break in. Also, you should try them on, I have a normal size foot and had to go a half size up.

Wore the new lebrons today to shoot around in

Bad things off the top of my head
Too hot
Left shoe digs into the medial ankle bone just like last years model
Did not feel secure doing hard crossovers, felt like my foot was coming off the shoe

Good things
Tight fit around your foot
Cushion is great
Traction

I didn't think these were too high off the floor but I don't use my heels too much.

Gonna wear them in pickup and games over the next two weeks before the 30 days is up

I am going to give the Nike Air Force Max Low a go this week fellas. Will update how they feel. Once I saw them on Brad Beal's feet I wanted them. They were looking FRESH

Pretty sure you saw I played in them...

They're nice, they sit pretty high though.

I agree. Excellent cushion and traction. Support and lockdown is great too. It's a little stiff at first but it took a long time to break in. The midsole is softer type of phylon but takes a while to break in. Also, you should try them on, I have a normal size foot and had to go a half size up.

really? I normally wear an 11 in everything and I found a 10.5 for $60 Canadian at my local outlet. They fit pretty good. Will try them out tomorrow.

Main thing I didn’t like was the ride height and the soft air unit. FOr me it felt unstable but I love the looks and feel on foot.

Bout a year late lol but I finally played in the LeBron 16s over the weekend.

man I didn’t enjoy the shoe. I’ve been playing mainly in PG’s, Kobes and Kyries the last couple years. But that cushioning setup was way too much for me.

Was shooting around the gym early in the am before everyone showed up for Saturday morning runs at my local 24. I felt way too high off the ground, and the zoom setup was to mushy for my liking. Felt so slow. Quickly changed into my Kobe ADs before we got some runs going and it was night and day. Although I’m older and gained some weight in the last couple years, I still prefer court feel over max cushioning set up.

I played in the lebron 17 today for 3 hours straight of pickup games at the ymca. I'm 5'11 and weigh 140, I don't jump in games, I play on the ground. I did all sorts of moves in them: 3 step euros, hop steps, spin moves, james harden stepbacks. My foot felt secure in all of them. Didn't have to wipe the traction. I didn't have to think about my shoes while playing. None of that toebox sock bunching and sloppy fit from the 16. I only lace to the second last hole and my foot is locked in.

Only complaint is the tongue. The tongue will not stop poking my ankle. It's not bleeding but it feels like it's bruised. I've worn them for about 5 hours in total, if they don't stop poking my ankle soon I will return them to nike.

I haven't tried any max jumps so I don't know how this shoe will fare from harsh landings. I prefer to go with a lighter more flexible shoe to allow more of my ankle to dorsiflex when going for a dunk attempt

Lebron Performance All Time Power Rankings

1. Lebron 9 Elite
2. Lebron X
3. Lebron VII PS
4. Lebron I I
5. Lebron 16

Anyone ball in new puma lows?

Twice. Love them. One of the top traction’s, maybe ever. Like a 90’s Nike shoe. Fit is perfect for me at tts but the knit/mesh and leather could stretch out over time. Cushioning is nothing special - a step above a kyrie 3/under Armour charged shoe. Overall it’s a solid shoe and so far has gripped both nasty 24 floors I played on (my harden 4 was slipping on the one today).

I was playing in the CP3.XII for awhile then I realized they were giving me achilles and knee pain. I don't think theres enough cushion and stability for me. They're comfy as hell though. I've been playing in the Jordan 34s lately. Those are great. I love the ightweight support. No more achilles pain probably because of the extra midfoot support and heel drop.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom