Nike Basketball (any brand) Rotation/Performance Reviews

Exposed Nike React foam under the heel provides a soft, responsive sensation
A thin plate positioned above the foam provides torsional rigidity
Two Air Zoom units positioned under the ball of the foot continually absorb an athlete’s energy and provide great responsiveness

Really nice. I bet around $160-$175

Yep SneakerNews says 180 so I guess that’s good lol
I would’ve assumed Nike was going straight to $200 :lol:

:emoji_eyes: Nice!

I think Nike has done a decent job bringing forward some performance-driven designs lately, but this one really has my attention. From the image, I'm liking how the traction pattern looks as well.

July though! :emoji_cold_sweat:

olympic shoe

3C098106-322E-4566-9A95-FCCAE456BCFD.jpeg

Olympics colorway 🔥

Pretty cool

they look futuristic and 90s’ish
Basketball and trainer’ish

Have a signature shoe vibe. Surprised they didn’t give it to a sig athlete since they literally cannot come up with a good design to give their sig athletes
Just one thing though, cushioning looks thick/footbed looks like its real high

One of the guys at my 24 brought his new NBA game ball. And our shots were way off we was all building towards a house with the bricks we was putting up:lol:

We gave it a few games but it’s just not what we used to. The touch of a composite ball is just different. Spending over $100 on a ball that no one will want to use and take the time to break in just isn’t worth it. I was thinking about spending a little more and getting the NCAA solution ball but people confuse it with the $30 replica and don’t want to play with it either.
I’ve read of bunch of so-so reviews about the Evo NXT. Lots of complaints of too much dramatic bounce, and weird feel of the composite, feels more like rubber. And that the “extended range tech” is just a marketing gimmick

Still think the best ball by Wilson is the Solution

The Wilson Solution is my favorite ball but nobody wants to ply with it at the gym because like you said, the geniuses confuse it with the $25 replica plastic ball. Its infuriating.

I bought the EVO NXT and guys at the gym love it. I’m so glad because the regular evo is absolute trash.

The Nxt handles moisture really really well. It’s the perfect compromise between the regular evo and the solution.

The NXT has a truer bounce than The regular Evo which dies randomly mid-dribble a lot of the time.

The long range tech is bogus but don’t let that keep you from trying out a great ball.

Highly recommend the NXT!

Last edited:
Has anyone tried the insoles with full length “zoom” available on eBay, in any of their hooping kicks?

Has anyone tried the insoles with full length “zoom” available on eBay, in any of their hooping kicks?
Page or two ago spot of us grabbed from amazon
I put em my bred 1’s a couple days ago. Worked fine.

Any recommendations for NARROW insoles? The zoom soles from amazon have been great in my freak 1s, but I took the time to break those in.

but I put a new pair in my PG1’s. And man them thangs hurt. The shoe is super narrow to begin with and the zoom soles are super wide. I don’t think it’s going to work. Looking for a super narrow sole but not liking what I’m seeing on amazon/google

E8F71A68-C93A-4FA6-8652-C2F792ECD7CF.jpeg

New additions to the rotation..now I know they have zero sex appeal lol but these are performance beasts. Got em for under $50 during F&F so doubling up was a must! Height might be an issue for some...but I didn’t notice it while playing. Great fit, excellent traction, very supportive and ZOOMY ZOOM...highly recommended.

E8F71A68-C93A-4FA6-8652-C2F792ECD7CF.jpeg

New additions to the rotation..now I know they have zero sex appeal lol but these are performance beasts. Got em for under $50 during F&F so doubling up was a must! Height might be an issue for some...but I didn’t notice it while playing. Great fit, excellent traction, very supportive and ZOOMY ZOOM...highly recommended.
How's that translucent part on dusty courts? They seem like a great performance bargain, but I don't want to be sliding around during my local pickup games.

How's that translucent part on dusty courts? They seem like a great performance bargain, but I don't want to be sliding around during my local pickup games.
Put them to the ultimate test yesterday at the dustiest LAF court around my way and I was sticking like glue...traction is beastly. Didn’t feel the need to wipe at all but had hella dust on em once I finished playing. So far I’ve put in about 3-4 hoop sessions with these and the materials have gotten MUCH better since day one, like night and day better. Collar isn’t as stiff (reminds me of the LBJ 17) but it’s very supportive. Skipping the last lace loop might be the way to go on these as well

Went with the PG4 Gatorade Gx today. Was nursing a stiff Achilles but gave it a shot in a mediocre hoop session with my teammates. Went TTS and was pleasantly surprised that they fit awesome. Now I did compensate before hand by switching to thinner generic socks as oppose to my traditional quarter length cushioned Nike Basketball Elite. Also I only wore a single pair rather than doubling up like I normally would. The extra heel padding was clutch with my ailing Achilles as it quickly loosened up and the pain subsided. I honestly forgot I had on anything at all. Comfort level was through the roof. Once I got acclimated to the feel, my cuts felt crisp and secure. Impact was minimal on my jumpers and landings after attacks to the basket. Very soft ride. Even post workout I was in no hurry to take them off and switch back to my preferred air max 270s and 720s, as would typically be the norm .... This is easily replacing my PG 2.5s as the go to shoe. Will have to cop at least 5 or 6 more. Nike iD, here I come.
IMG6805867128459839398.jpg

Back
Top Bottom