Nike Basketball (any brand) Rotation/Performance Reviews

How do you feel about the Omn1s Low compared to the Mid?
I've played a few times in the Low and honestly the difference is negligible at most. The Lows are easier to throw on but performance wise, fit and feel, I say go with whichever you feel more comfortable in. Lace pressure is easier to adjust on the OG but once you dial it in, you're good to go until the wheels fall off. :lol:

This isn't basketball performance related, but there was insole talk in here before, so maybe someone can help. I need some insoles for a pair of boots that are slightly too big. Hoping the insoles can 1) add comfort 2) make the shoe fit a bit more snug? Any recommendations? Are those zoom air insoles any good?

Thanks

Hey peeps looking for a good outdoor shoe that has good cushion and traction that will last. I was playing in the PG2 and burned through them pretty fast. Now I'm playing in the PG4 and the D Rose 7 outdoors but may burn through them as well. Any suggestions?

Hey peeps looking for a good outdoor shoe that has good cushion and traction that will last. I was playing in the PG2 and burned through them pretty fast. Now I'm playing in the PG4 and the D Rose 7 outdoors but may burn through them as well. Any suggestions?

Pretty much all Nike shoes are made for indoors only including the PG line. IIRC only the LeBron soldier, KD trey, and the Westbrook shoe (why not something?) have hard enough tread to last outdoors.

I play outdoors in Dames and they're pretty good. I definitely recommend them.

Pretty much all Nike shoes are made for indoors only including the PG line. IIRC only the LeBron soldier, KD trey, and the Westbrook shoe (why not something?) have hard enough tread to last outdoors.

I play outdoors in Dames and they're pretty good. I definitely recommend them.

Thanks bro. I have some Dame 4s, maybe I will try those outdoors. Also, saw some Marquee boost low 2016 for $26 at Marshalls and may cop those to beat outdoors as well.

Thanks bro. I have some Dame 4s, maybe I will try those outdoors. Also, saw some Marquee boost low 2016 for $26 at Marshalls and may cop those to beat outdoors as well.

No problem man. Sorry but I should've been more specific, only the solid rubber herringbone Adidas soles are good for outdoors. I think this started with Dame 5.

If these are the Marquee boost you saw at Marshalls it should be good for outdoors:

My favorite outdoor ball shoes are the Kobe 1 Protro. Love that full-length Zoom and the traction can handle the beatings for quite a while. If you can find a pair for a decent price, get 'em!

Try the Lebron 16 and 16 low - thick rubber, great cushioning. Also, DON 2 has been good so far. Protro 1 like Stang said. Lebron 17 is ok, traction isn’t as thick as the 16 but works.

Been wearing my 17’s outside, 1x a week for the past I don’t know maybe 5 weeks. I don’t have play nearly as hard as I normally do because of the concrete and my traction is starting to show wear on the pods but good everywhere else.

F1A2F964-95C9-4510-858E-D120F0FB4F4F.jpeg

^^^Thanks everyone! This is super helpful and I'm getting older so I need that cushion to keep them knees right lol.

Anyone care to clear out a debate? My buddy and I had an conversation over the weekend about different kinds of outsole designs and got into an debate about it.

So here goes: we were talking about flat outsole vs decoupled outsole. We were talking about positives and negatives of both, while my buddy loves decoupled outsoles because it giver him better freedom of movement for his feet, while I like flat outsoles because of my flat feet so it helps me finding a balances shot.

Anyone have any science or something to back this up, as which is better for your natural foot movement, or is it just a personal preference? 😅

Yea, there's a bunch. Was wondering if anyone had a specific one that they recommended.

Pick the zoom air and lunarlon version

Pick the zoom air and lunarlon version

How is the zoom plus? Since no size 12 in the other, as usual haha

Between the two, Lebron 16

Also look at the Zoom BB NXT. The zoom pods in those feel bouncier than the Lebrons and offer more impact protection.
I love them! I took the thin React insole out and replaced it with one from the Flightposite. For as much cushioning and stack height, these are surprisingly stable for sharp cuts!

Never really messed around with insoles, always just rocked the stock ones, and went with whatever tech the shoe had. Was looking at some on eBay, but decided to try these full zoom ones off amazon for $14 to put in my new pair of ZF1’s
7B002BA2-7810-4542-ABAC-044D72E334B5.jpeg

Was skeptical on how effective they’d actually be, to my surprise they actually provide GREAT cushion, honestly feels like a different shoe lol. Just did some dribbling drills and got some shots up, will run some 5 on 5 tomorrow morning at another 24 that has real hardwood and not this rubberized crap
48A101BA-14E5-4B63-BA33-00C0BF5E9E51.jpeg

Does anybody have an updated link for these? Got an Kobe 11 Elite Low for a FREAKIN BARGAIN, too bad it wasnt the full length Zoom ID ones you could get back in the day so maybe these will scratch that itch, kinda.

I got these in recently and they are my favorite so far. They are super close to the full length zoom insoles used in Nike SB shoes 10ish years ago.
Amazon product ASIN B08LDRS8NB

These look similar to the insoles that were in the Flightposite 3. I just ordered two pairs to try them out based on your post and look forward to trying them. I’ve tried Sneakergearz Velocity Raptor insoles and they are nice but they are a little too thick and twice as expensive as the ICOO ones. I hope these can be my new replacement insoles for jordan 1s.

Back
Top Bottom