Nike Basketball (any brand) Rotation/Performance Reviews

How do those Westbrook's fit?

I have a TTS pair and half size down pair and I feel like half size down feels much better for hooping. I felt TTS had some extra length at the toe.

Obviously everyone's foot is different, so if you can't get to a store to try them on just try to build a general consensus maybe from this thread and the Westbrook Shoe thread on fit and go from there--- but just keep in mind that a lot of people in the Westbrook thread only wear these casually so that kind of advice may not help you out a lot since every poster doesn't state what their intended use with the shoe is all of the time.

I went TTS on the WhyNotZero.2's and they fit perfectly for what its worth.

Snug but not suffocating, half thumb's length worth of space in the toe area, no heel slip or anything.

C7CC6890-6DA4-45E0-81F1-02B67F0CE94B.jpeg

911690B8-C557-4953-8FFD-629EB24CDD60.jpeg

Broke these out for the first time today. What’s the recommended way to lace these to get more lockdown?

There was no way I was going through he hassle of relacing those entirely... so once there's 4 eyelets left I just skipped 2 took it through the back eyelet.

IMG_1915.jpg

So when you tie them the laces are kind of pulling the back in a little bit for slightly better lock down.

Obviously utilizing the second eyelets through out would result in a more snug fit but like I said... :lol:

Last edited:
I should wear these more. Good enough to challenge any shoe since they came out. Threw on the alternate laces that came with the Bred 31s.

Snug. Minimal. Crazy traction and great forefoot cushion.
I'd call the 29s the GOAT, except the woven upper stretches out a little bit over time causing some containment issues. No shoe is *perfect* but this one gets pretty close.

Hooped in the kobe 10s yesterday.
Just a quick warmup game but man that shoe is very comfortable. Too bad the zoom air bag in the heel popped. Smh.

I highly recommend not use them for outdoor or the zoom bag will pop unless i just got a bad pair.

FD6D975C-93A7-464F-A5C9-F45FB481A9B9.jpeg

About to start a daily/top 5 wear rotation thread, but before I do....Mods, do we need to move this thread over to the Sneaker Showcase forum???

We only doing Nike? Not a general hoop shoe thread?
Not to sound like a-hole but this is niketalk.com

We do have other brands section to discuss that. But if you feel like talking off tangent be my guest.

Last edited:
Not to sound like a-hole but this is niketalk.com

We do have other brands section to discuss that. But if you feel like talking of tangent be my guest.
Don’t get me wrong I strictly only hoop in Nike lol. But I’m always interested in the performance of other brands and may venture out from time to time

What shoes are y’all looking to add to your rotation in the coming months?

On my list:

- KD 12’s
- the Kawhi New Balances

I know the Kawhi’s are gonna be BEASTLY because new balance doesn’t mess around with their performance models. Images of the traction on those things looks INSANE! I’ve never tried their fuel cell tech but I heard it’s similar to zoom.

The 12’s have me excited because the cushion is very similar to what has always been in foamposites (double stacked heel zoom) - which if not for their clunkiness and heel slippage, would be a top 5 all timer performance wise.

What shoes are y’all looking to add to your rotation in the coming months?

On my list:

- KD 12’s
- the Kawhi New Balances

I know the Kawhi’s are gonna be BEASTLY because new balance doesn’t mess around with their performance models. Images of the traction on those things looks INSANE! I’ve never tried their fuel cell tech but I heard it’s similar to zoom.

The 12’s have me excited because the cushion is very similar to what has always been in foamposites (double stacked heel zoom) - which if not for their clunkiness and heel slippage, would be a top 5 all timer performance wise.

KD12. looks like the cushioning is going to be great, questions on the upper still remain.
Jordan Supreme Elevation. The zoom on this looks nuts but I havent heard any US release dates.

Def gonna cop the KD12s for the double stacked zoom air. Hoping the dsza feels like the og aj xviii.

Did anyone else take out insoles from their dunk sbs and put them in hoops shoes for dsza? Lol

Back
Top Bottom