Nike Basketball (any brand) Rotation/Performance Reviews

Might try the 0.2 and kd 12

Just got the hyper rev 2 for 33$ why not give it a try lol

E5D0E4C5-28CF-4C81-B9EC-8E6A32810935.jpeg
2A2B074A-6040-4E50-8A46-D9D395E23E42.png

Wouldn’t pay more than $30 for those so solid cop, thats all they had at your marshalls?

I was considering the WNZ2 but my knees are starting to bother me consistently and wanted to go for a max cushion setup.

On that note, what are your recovery actions? I always take 2 ibuprofen before I run and use my home foot massager when I get gome. Wish I had a full body massage chair but that's an expense for another day.
20190411_223337.jpg

My knees have been buzzing for a while now but the Why Not Zero 2’s unlocked zoom have you covered as throroughly as any max zoom set up or boost.

I can’t play in minimal cushion set ups like Kyrie’s or Trash Curry’s.

As far as recovery yoga and Normatec boots for me.

My friend told me that I’m acting like I’m a first round pick or something with the Normatec boots lol. I honestly don’t care though all that Advil is bad for you and fresh legs in 30 min= totally worth it, highly recommend 10/10!

1E3D0336-2CE0-46B2-ACCE-154771E3868F.jpeg

My knees have been buzzing for a while now but the Why Not Zero 2’s unlocked zoom have you covered as throroughly as any max zoom set up or boost.

My friend told me that I’m acting like I’m a first round pick or something with the Normatec boots lol. I honestly don’t care though all that Advil is bad for you and fresh legs in 30 min= totally worth it, highly recommend 10/10!

That’s cool you have that at your disposal!!

JS”

So these are portable leg massagers?

Anyone try the Baurfeind NBA knee braces? Trying to find if it's worth the price hike over other knit braces.

Last edited:
I love them also. I don’t have them but spot by me has drop in cyro and Nordac treatment for 20$ I do it once a week

Amazing

No. Targeted leg compression system.

Haven’t encountered a single person whose reaction wasn’t “WOW!” After using them.

Semi-related: rolled both ankles in the Lebron 16’s today.

They’re too high off the ground for me. Love the impact protection but I can’t sacrifice my ankles anymore.

They’re officially out of my rotation.

Last edited:

I really want to try that thing out! I thought I was living the life when a community center that had a gym would wrap and ice your knees for free haha. Sucks because they turned it into a spinning class.

Anyone try the Baurfeind NBA knee braces? Trying to find if it's worth the price hike over other knit braces.

I have Bauerfeind braces. Favorite ones on the market. Definitely worth the price. Additionally I have an ankle brace by them as well. Also recommended.

JS”

My weeknight spring league starts in a couple weeks. Gonna visit my mom back in SoCal this weekend and take back some shoes I stored there. I have a few LeBrons that I miss hooping in. The 8-11 were beastly. That was the best time in Nike basketball imo. Just expensive with all the elite versions going well over 200.

Been rocking the PG line religiously. Haven’t picked up the 3 yet, just waiting for them to hit outlets. My pair of Kobe Exodus is finally breaking in when it comes to the traction. That was it’s only flaw other than no forefoot zoom. The fit and corurt feel is perfect. No wonder why 1/3 of the league rocks this shoe
11BD0F89-BF3C-4950-B1BF-811AF81AD4AC.jpeg
59ED9C7D-BADB-4CAD-AD21-2540869A1CAA.jpeg

Not to get too off topic here but ForNarnia ForNarnia pics reminded me how basically everyone at every gym almost everywhere plays with a Wilson Evo...

Am I alone when I say that while it feels good to the touch, technically that’s the worst ball ever?

The bounce on that thing is my major complaint.

Sometimes the ball just dies on you mid dribble and it drives me absolutely crazy and it’s not just my ball it’s literally every Evo I’ve ever touched.

For comparison Wilson oddly makes a superior ball in its Official NCAA Ball (I think it’s called the ‘Solution’).

The NCAA ball has a truer bounce, drastically better grip, and a slightly higher price— but what’s crazy is that when you take it to the gym, out of ignorance, people prefer the Evo.

Now obviously the Official NBA ball (after being worn in for about a year) is the best of the best but most of us never run into one of those and/or aren’t paying that much for a ball.

So I guess my questions are-

Do you love the Evo or is it just what your used to?

And

Does the inaccurate bounce on the Evo drive you insane?

I use a broken in NBA game ball but the guys at my gym are too soft and always complain about it so they always pick a Wilson Evo, even if the channels are missing and ripped apart. They say the NBA ball is terrible cause it's too hard, too big, too slippery. SMH

Not to get too off topic here but ForNarnia ForNarnia pics reminded me how basically everyone at every gym almost everywhere plays with a Wilson Evo...

Am I alone when I say that while it feels good to the touch, technically that’s the worst ball ever?

Sometimes the ball just dies on you mid dribble and it drives me absolutely crazy and it’s not just my ball it’s literally every Evo I’ve ever touched.

For comparison Wilson oddly makes a superior ball in its Official NCAA Ball (I think it’s called the ‘Solution’).

The NCAA ball has a truer bounce, drastically better grip, and a slightly higher price— but what’s crazy is that when you take it to the gym, out of ignorance, people prefer the Evo.

Now obviously the Official NBA ball (after being worn in for about a year) is the best of the best but most of us never run into one of those and/or aren’t paying that much for a ball.

And

Oh yeah I hate the evo. Grip is non existent and slips when wet. Forced to use it because it's the default ball in Canada for all levels up to college

I been using the nike hyperelite and Wilson solution to practice. People will pick the evo over the solution because the solution ages terribly into a red color while the evo is orange and resembles leather more

I use a broken in NBA game ball but the guys at my gym are too soft and always complain about it so they always pick a Wilson Evo, even if the channels are missing and ripped apart. They say the NBA ball is terrible cause it's too hard, too big, too slippery. SMH

I'd disagree with them, I have only played with an nba ball one time and I was surprised by how grippy it was when your hands were wet

I love the sound the NBA ball makes on a shot. Not sure if placebo, but it sounds different to me when it splashes the net.

And

I actually found this ball in my old LA fitness. One morning I just went in there to shoot around and there had to have been like 20 balls just scattered all over the court. About 15 of them belonged to LA fitness because they write LA fit on their balls and theyre cheap Spalding ones. But Someone left this behind so finders keepers lol. Prior to this I was using a NSHA Nike Elite ball. That ball still isn’t broken and is too hard and slick. Pretty much just leave that one in my trunk

I believe this ball is one of the older models. The ones they sell now aren’t as good. Just like the current Spalding TF 1000. Quality isn’t the same as the balls I hooped with in high school.

This ball is broken in and the grip is great and tacky. I can palm this ball and hold it in front of me. It also has the right amount of bounce. When me and the other regulars at 24 have pick up everyone ask where my ball at. I HATE the general consensus of under inflated balls. I swear no matter the LA fit or 24 everyone likes to play with a flat ball. It drives me crazy.

I’ve played with a NBA game used ball before, it’s pretty nice but too expensive and takes forever to break a new one in. And yes they are super firm

Give me a time machine so I can fill my garage with OG TF 1000s.

OG TF 1000 was classic!!! I bought an TF1000 classic to use for nostalgic reason and it isn't the same. Still have my Wilson Solution that I love. Found a Nike Elite ball at a college (think that the team left it there). It's breaking in pretty good. I think the Solution is the best out there right now.

I'd disagree with them, I have only played with an nba ball one time and I was surprised by how grippy it was when your hands were wet

Come to my gym. I swear these guys have small girly hands. My hands are almost as big as my friend who's 6'7 and I can palm the ball easily.

I’ve never had 2 of the same shoe in my rotation at the same time but that’s about to change:

4F8403C9-A642-40AB-8C74-817DF7EC9446.jpeg

1D45E52F-C5A7-45E6-9E56-17F80630DADE.jpeg

Performer of the year :nthat:

And

Count me in as another who isn't crazy about the Evolution ball, but that's what everyone seems to want to use so I usually have no other choice...

I found this one on Amazon, better grip and doesn't get a slick as the EVO
BX7E-02E_High_Large_400x.jpg

Last edited:
OG TF 1000 was classic!!! I bought an TF1000 classic to use for nostalgic reason and it isn't the same. Still have my Wilson Solution that I love. Found a Nike Elite ball at a college (think that the team left it there). It's breaking in pretty good. I think the Solution is the best out there right now.

Why did they change that ball. That was what I played with in high school and college and it was the next best thing after the NBA.

Back
Top Bottom