Nike Dunk ORCHARD ST. UPDATE...PICS

if they released in footlockers everywere this thread wouldn't exist.
But they didn't, so it does. Not everything holds value in sneaker culture (and life) for purley aesthetic reasons. I think we can all agreethat these are nothing amazing as far as the custom paint job. However, the idea behind them was unbelievable. Doesn't that hold value? Personally, theseremind me of a certain period of time within sneaker culture and my life. Would I pay $1000 for these? Definitely not, but I do think their value is muchgreater than a simple custom.

If everyone only valued things for their aesthetic value, half the sneakers that are valued by people on this board and command big dollars would be worthnothing. Imagine if people only valued Jordans for there aesthetic value, instead of their connection to Michael Jordan. Ogs would not be going for $500-$5000.In that sense, what's the difference between Jordans and the 1st OS Dunks?

^^^everything i was about to say. the value is in story; it's for people that are gonna even know the difference between these and some id's.

Originally Posted by jvhoop22

if they released in footlockers everywere this thread wouldn't exist.
But they didn't, so it does. Not everything holds value in sneaker culture (and life) for purley aesthetic reasons. I think we can all agree that these are nothing amazing as far as the custom paint job. However, the idea behind them was unbelievable. Doesn't that hold value? Personally, these remind me of a certain period of time within sneaker culture and my life. Would I pay $1000 for these? Definitely not, but I do think their value is much greater than a simple custom.

If everyone only valued things for their aesthetic value, half the sneakers that are valued by people on this board and command big dollars would be worth nothing. Imagine if people only valued Jordans for there aesthetic value, instead of their connection to Michael Jordan. Ogs would not be going for $500-$5000. In that sense, what's the difference between Jordans and the 1st OS Dunks?

exactly . you think "What The Dunks" would be selling for 1500$ if everything was based on just aesthetic value
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Just iD them kiddos

comes out with yellow tounge tho.

the base shoe they used was the GR red dunks?

b0d25044206bcca8f34590165a764140dfc02e1.pjpg

Back
Top Bottom