Nike...eeer JDsports finally doing something right: Air Trainer 1's white/grey/black/blue

A simple, reserved classic colorway - not flashy, subtle... I like.

JD Sports always gets the sweet colorways going. Wonder what the price is in pounds to USD to CDN will be....

Please do not go giving Nike ideas about a inter trainer hybrid (that 360 sole PS is a travesty - sorry Wally)

Wally - I'm sure after all the work you have put in on NT with the deep research some UK NTer will be most glad to help out a fellow "mate"
tongue.gif

Send me the pix of the Zoom Trainer
tongue.gif

I'll get those SC pix for you as well.

Jay

So fly. I would love a pair of those.

See how easy that was, Beaverton Boys? Spin off some classic Chlorophylls.....but course make them only available to the folks who actually call them"trainers".

You had to screw something up, Nike!

Its strange how JD keeps on getting it right... we've seen it on their AM's and now with the AT's, they're on the right track... Itshouldn't be that hard for others (Footlocker, Champs, Finishline, whatever) to do the same... I just don't get it.
eyes.gif

Jay ~ yeah, the 360-outsole might be an easy pass, but I've always liked Wally's AT3 outsole/bubble on the AT1... but thats as far as I would go inregards of having a trainer 'hybrid'...

Originally Posted by WallyHopp

9 yrs.

the amount of time it's been since a normal united states general release of an original colorway(or like this one, a subtle variation of an og c/w) by Nike.

And then seemingly out of nowhere Jdsports out does 10 years of Nike "trash". How does Nike sleep at night knowing they are being out done by a private company.then again the trainer sc and sc III follow that same path.. almost a decade of LS c/ws, ~50 c/ws among the three with ZERO originals.. Straight up criminal.

Believe me... Nike's executives dislike cross trainer line...

It's now hard to believe this line was far more important to Nike when Jordan line started...

People get angry when JB changes a simple thing to one of the "numbered" Js but we trainer fans have to admit "Gu*nt*n*mo" treatment tocross trainers.

Sad. So sad...

3150iub.jpg

It's time for trainer fans to "work on a dream"!

Originally Posted by BinYe

So "mcfly-%%@".

I just wish they made AT1's with air bubbles.

Would have been a nice touch...

like this?
adc35ae843846029cd9ac938ba4ccad54992f4e.pjpg
or this:
db835e18436160ceca4fc45fb433f654863b764.jpg

Very nice brotha... very nice.

The single air unit is on point.

The latter, i like the 180 hybrid concept, but to make it more
conspicuous, the inner portion of the cage would be
stellar in a white scheme (just an idea).

Other than that, awesome renderage.

Tell nike they have a new designer in they hands!!!

grin.gif

Originally Posted by suguruvstotoro

9 yrs.

the amount of time it's been since a normal united states general release of an original colorway(or like this one, a subtle variation of an og c/w) by Nike.

And then seemingly out of nowhere Jdsports out does 10 years of Nike "trash". How does Nike sleep at night knowing they are being out done by a private company.then again the trainer sc and sc III follow that same path.. almost a decade of LS c/ws, ~50 c/ws among the three with ZERO originals.. Straight up criminal.

Believe me... Nike's executives dislike cross trainer line...

It's now hard to believe this line was far more important to Nike when Jordan line started...

People get angry when JB changes a simple thing to one of the "numbered" Js but we trainer fans have to admit "Gu*nt*n*mo" treatment to cross trainers.

Sad. So sad...

3150iub.jpg

It's time for trainer fans to "work on a dream"!
Maybe you guys can correct me here, but i've read and heard stories over the years about how cross trainers carried Nike financially andnetted more than nike basketball, and other "genres" of shoes. Popular beyond belief for a short stretch of time (87-92) then thrown to the curb.Used and abused... Straight up #+!++ status

Nice sc II LOWs on jordan there.. a dream shoe. Im better off making my own pair with some fabric from the fabric store and my mom's sewing machine.

I'll never understand the mindset of nike.... anyone remember this?
0151564366c1c4bd87dd5403fc5692e3a9e15ed.jpg

some special projects SAMPLE that was found on ebay years ago.. Im guessing late 2006.. This, almost 4 years after a LIMITED asia release of the 2002 model.. Ifeel like a dog being teased with treats. The molds aren't broken, the factories still are able to produce these, yet somewhere along the lines, they thinka special project shoe is more viable to create than the real thing. They didn't forget about the model or anything like that, or forget how it was made.2006- a year that couldve been real bad.. THOSE couldve been released as a united states QS, urban account and wouldve seen more penetration in the US marketsince the 2000 releases
indifferent.gif

Imagine with me for a moment.... 9 years... over 50 colorway drops.... ZERO OG c/ws among that bunch of your favorite air max or jordan release... That's what trainer fans have gone through over the past 9 years. That's how long its been since a normal US general release of an original colorway. trainer SC and SC IIIs have faced the same fate as the trainer 1.

So to have this company out do almost 25 combined years of NIKE failure really is more than a fuss.. it's criminal, and really quite sad.
qft, so hard trying to skim through the masses of terrible cw's that were dropped under basically any style from the trainer lineup. prettymuch 90% of the cw's in any retro trainer catalogue would be amazing releases to see, and it wouldn't be that hard for nike to do at all. nike'smentatlity behind the trainer is a joke. these are awesome, even though the suede is guaranteed fake.

DAMMIT, JD Sports (, like everyone outside of the US) always gets stuff than the US. I like the shoe. Now, I just need to keep working to get a store open thatwill have a good amount of exclusives too (, and it's going to be in the US (JUST wait & SEE))!

I like the simplicity of it, how they use very little color. (makes the blue "pop" even more)

Wally - you'd have to pull the sockliner on these. JDExclusive means more than likely nothing bigger than a 12US if they release like their AM90s/AM Lite

Here is an actual picture of the AT1. I was in London over spring break and picked these up along with the huarache trainers. These were nice, I couldn'tpass it up. There were so many amazing shoes of simple colorways at JD Sports. Wish I had the luggage space/funds to buy a whole lot more stuff. They hadAM95 similar to the safety orange that is coming out in the states, they had AM1 in white/blue, the AM BW in two amazing colors, AM95 similar to the chilis,etc. Too many to name. I should have taken pictures.

06435b84ee856071127200e0a6553133e7e4a25.jpg
88b358c4ea2a6f5816570b71a6d45cad613638f.jpg

The conversion rate wasn't too bad. The AT1 were 65 pounds and huarache 69 pounds. They converted to around $100. I thought that was a fair price in USdollars. Also, AM95 were 110 pounds, which would convert to about the price for US retail. Also, there is no tax added to the price of the shoes in the UK. So,the price advertised is the final price.

jkjordan those AT1 in the flesh are very very impressive, I agree with the sentiments of most, trainers are butchered with horrific colorways when all we askis simple OG type color placement, less is best as they say.

DAMMMMMMM. I wish these would at least hit a few accounts in the states. Seeing all these crazy JD releases is like torture, I literally kick myself every timeI open a JD thread.

Back
Top Bottom