Nike Foamposite Royal....which version or year is the best....

Hi All,

Looking to get a pair of blue foams, but looking for the best version. I know they had the 2007 HOH version, then I believe they released again in 2008. I know the newer XXth anniversary ones are maybe a lighter shade of blue compared to the originals? Just checking with the experts to see which look the best and won't have discolored or yellowing soles etc.

Thanks!

If you can find a good pair, the 2007 release is hands down the best retro of Royals. These were still made in Taiwan, and the quality/materials show, even 12 years later.

If a 2007 pair isn't an option, I'd go in this order:

1) 2017
2) 2011
3) 1997 (wearable pairs are very hard to find, but they still exist).

Hope this helps.

The HOH exclusive release you speak dropped in 2008 and was limited (75-80 pairs if I recall). The differences were:

-Black herringbone pattern on the outsole (instead of the regular blue)
-Insole had a penny graphic on it (instead of regular black)

Still not as comfortable or as good a build quality at the 2007.

So am I correct in saying the foam material is best on the 2007 as you mentioned, but it also seems the soles are probably more icy on the newer 2011 or 2017 models? 2017 I am sure because of the newer age but I know they have been trying to improve the soles to be more icy blue and prevent yellowing as well I believe.

The HOH exclusive release you speak dropped in 2008 and was limited (75-80 pairs if I recall). The differences were:

-Black herringbone pattern on the outsole (instead of the regular blue)
-Insole had a penny graphic on it (instead of regular black)

Still not as comfortable or as good a build quality at the 2007.
HOH also had blue contour stitching around forefoot mini swooshes if I'm not mistaken.

So am I correct in saying the foam material is best on the 2007 as you mentioned, but it also seems the soles are probably more icy on the newer 2011 or 2017 models? 2017 I am sure because of the newer age but I know they have been trying to improve the soles to be more icy blue and prevent yellowing as well I believe.

I would agree, but this is just my opinion.

You’re correct; people began to complain about outsoles yellowing too fast, hence the bluish tint added to clear outsoles in the newer retros.

Back
Top Bottom