Nike Foamposites with Dyed Soles

Joined Oct 1, 2011
Just wanted to show you guys my dyed foamposite soles that I did today on my Royal Blues. All I did was mix a whole package of RIT powder dye, with a little bit of water, and did a little of sea glow to make sure the color stuck to the soles. turned out pretty good.
First Coat

End Result

Turned out pretty good for my first time.

Joined Oct 1, 2011
Just wanted to show you guys my dyed foamposite soles that I did today on my Royal Blues. All I did was mix a whole package of RIT powder dye, with a little bit of water, and did a little of sea glow to make sure the color stuck to the soles. turned out pretty good.
First Coat

End Result

Turned out pretty good for my first time.

Joined Oct 1, 2011
Thanks man, I appreciate it. I was either going to tint them since they weren't that yellow, but I decided to do black.

Joined Oct 1, 2011
Thanks man, I appreciate it. I was either going to tint them since they weren't that yellow, but I decided to do black.

Joined May 31, 2008
I find it crazy that someone would want to blackout clear icy soles....but do as you please since they are YOUR sneakers. However they did come out nice. 

Joined May 31, 2008
I find it crazy that someone would want to blackout clear icy soles....but do as you please since they are YOUR sneakers. However they did come out nice. 

Joined Oct 1, 2011
Here is what you need: RIT Powder Dye [whatever color you want] (can find it at your local walmart in detergent aisle), a paint brush, a mixing cup, some island girl sea glow (buy it on ebay), and water. i made my solution thick. i poured a half a cup of water in the mixing cup, the whole package of rit dye and about 1-2 teaspoons of sea glow. the sea glow is supposed to act as the glue for the color to stick to the soles. I did two coats. Take your time, and allow at least 45 mins for drying.

Joined Oct 1, 2011
Here is what you need: RIT Powder Dye [whatever color you want] (can find it at your local walmart in detergent aisle), a paint brush, a mixing cup, some island girl sea glow (buy it on ebay), and water. i made my solution thick. i poured a half a cup of water in the mixing cup, the whole package of rit dye and about 1-2 teaspoons of sea glow. the sea glow is supposed to act as the glue for the color to stick to the soles. I did two coats. Take your time, and allow at least 45 mins for drying.

nikedealer

Banned
Joined Mar 10, 2011
Can you post pics of the kicks right side up to give it the true look? Did the black come out glossy or flat? I cant tell from the several pics...

Thanks and good job

nikedealer

Banned
Joined Mar 10, 2011
Can you post pics of the kicks right side up to give it the true look? Did the black come out glossy or flat? I cant tell from the several pics...

Thanks and good job

Joined Mar 6, 2011
great job man. im considering dying the soles on the pines so this will come in handy.

Joined Mar 6, 2011
great job man. im considering dying the soles on the pines so this will come in handy.

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker or head over to our upgrade page to donate for an ad-free experience Upgrade now