Nike Foamposites with Dyed Soles

Just wanted to show you guys my dyed foamposite soles that I did today on my Royal Blues. All I did was mix a whole package of RIT powder dye, with a little bit of water, and did a little of sea glow to make sure the color stuck to the soles. turned out pretty good.
First Coat
00926fa69bd90a97a8ded4cef9b0b6828b9c71b2_r.jpg

End Result
4943691c6624dc30ae0fab4ae456c06b811963be_r.jpg

Turned out pretty good for my first time.

Just wanted to show you guys my dyed foamposite soles that I did today on my Royal Blues. All I did was mix a whole package of RIT powder dye, with a little bit of water, and did a little of sea glow to make sure the color stuck to the soles. turned out pretty good.
First Coat
00926fa69bd90a97a8ded4cef9b0b6828b9c71b2_r.jpg

End Result
4943691c6624dc30ae0fab4ae456c06b811963be_r.jpg

Turned out pretty good for my first time.

Thanks man, I appreciate it. I was either going to tint them since they weren't that yellow, but I decided to do black.

Thanks man, I appreciate it. I was either going to tint them since they weren't that yellow, but I decided to do black.

I find it crazy that someone would want to blackout clear icy soles....but do as you please since they are YOUR sneakers. However they did come out nice. 
happy.gif

I find it crazy that someone would want to blackout clear icy soles....but do as you please since they are YOUR sneakers. However they did come out nice. 
happy.gif

Here is what you need: RIT Powder Dye [whatever color you want] (can find it at your local walmart in detergent aisle), a paint brush, a mixing cup, some island girl sea glow (buy it on ebay), and water. i made my solution thick. i poured a half a cup of water in the mixing cup, the whole package of rit dye and about 1-2 teaspoons of sea glow. the sea glow is supposed to act as the glue for the color to stick to the soles. I did two coats. Take your time, and allow at least 45 mins for drying.

Here is what you need: RIT Powder Dye [whatever color you want] (can find it at your local walmart in detergent aisle), a paint brush, a mixing cup, some island girl sea glow (buy it on ebay), and water. i made my solution thick. i poured a half a cup of water in the mixing cup, the whole package of rit dye and about 1-2 teaspoons of sea glow. the sea glow is supposed to act as the glue for the color to stick to the soles. I did two coats. Take your time, and allow at least 45 mins for drying.

Can you post pics of the kicks right side up to give it the true look? Did the black come out glossy or flat? I cant tell from the several pics...

Thanks and good job

Can you post pics of the kicks right side up to give it the true look? Did the black come out glossy or flat? I cant tell from the several pics...

Thanks and good job

great job man. im considering dying the soles on the pines so this will come in handy.

great job man. im considering dying the soles on the pines so this will come in handy.

Back
Top Bottom