Nike Free Trainer 5.0 TB (3/28/13)

Last year the free tr 5.0 was the football team shoe for most universities. Can't see these being that this year. Wonder what will be?

Last year wasn't the first year they were team shoes so why would this next year be different?

In the nike team training catalog they're there in basic one team colors so more than likely teams will be getting those

Hey I am the guy that made this thread..... I only labeled it as a Team Bank release (TB) because when I first unearthed the pictures I found it in the team catalog. These will definitely release to public. Matter of fact, I should probably change the thread title to something more proper haha.

Stumbled across these today at FL. I didn't even know they existed. Lol
Whooahhhh. Finishline or Footlocker? Those are the NFL trainer/player pe, probably Cowboys. And even wilder than that it doesn't have full length air bag like most. Were these widely available or just one pair? Please tell me you got them.

Edit===Probably wrong about the PE statement... Jumped the gun. Someone knowledge me on when these released?

Last edited:
Why not tho?
My local BCS level school had those air max 180 style free trainers as their team shoes this year.

Why I can't see the new ones being the widely-used team model? They look like women's workout shoes to me. I know they are making them in team colors so maybe so but they just kinda look like slippers IMO. Maybe that'll change. Two years ago the lunar trainer 1s were the main football trainer. Ya never know

My local BCS level school had those air max 180 style free trainers as their team shoes this year.

Why I can't see the new ones being the widely-used team model? They look like women's workout shoes to me. I know they are making them in team colors so maybe so but they just kinda look like slippers IMO. Maybe that'll change. Two years ago the lunar trainer 1s were the main football trainer. Ya never know
Well to be honest what each school gets as a trainer depends on what the equipment manager orders but most get the same top options, when I played we had 2 previous models of the 5.0 free trainers, the one before the finger trap 5.0 and an older model with the strap, the trainer 1's, the trainer 1.3's, and the lunar vapor among others.  We didn't get the lunar trainer 1's 2 yrs ago we got the previous 5.0.  Its whatever Nike really tags as their main trainer model for the year and it looks like it'll be the 5.0 again this year via its release intro and the fact that its in the nike team catalogs that colleges receive.  

Fingertrap Max Black/Volt and Dark Grey/Black available on Nike.

Nike-Fingertrap-Max-Mens-Training-Shoe-644673_007_A.jpg

Nike-Fingertrap-Max-Mens-Training-Shoe-644673_001_A.jpg

http://m.nike.com/us/en_us/pd/fingertrap-max-training-shoe/pid-891896/pgid-891894

Last edited:
↑ That was the first thing that came to mind when in saw the Fingertrap Maxs. Finally the colorway shows. I still think I like it better with the white outsole.

Seems like the new version of Bones trainer was more available. On eastbay and took awhile to sell on nike

Back
Top Bottom