NIKE+ FUELBAND --- Nike's Big Announcement (1/19/12)

Still haven't decided if I'm going to cop or not, it looks cool, but not too sure on the price tag.

Why would you want to spend 150 dollars on a band that doesn't do anythin?
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by lockdown36

Originally Posted by Shady4Life

I am so intrigued by these. Like someone said, I'd mainly wear it as a watch. I'm a sucker for technology and the lights and the gadgetty-awesomness have coraled my brain. Not sure about $150 though, have to see these in person.

Exact reason why i even considered it.  And the price tag. ugh.
Same here. I would love it as a watch, but I wish it had a stopwatch function.  That is such a basic and easy function to add. The prices definitely deters me. Not even the Nike+ sport band has a stop watch function.  Nike, add the second most basic watch function besides telling time!!

I like this but the price is way too high, people don't got that type of money for a band

its seems as if the consensus is that the fuelband isnt that good, what is the best option on the market that will calculate accurately?

Originally Posted by Cubby12345

They need a band that tracks your calorie intake. Now that would be dope.
pimp.gif

laugh.gif

I'd be feeling guilty every time i stop by a fast food joint with that on....  
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by CJ003

its seems as if the consensus is that the fuelband isnt that good, what is the best option on the market that will calculate accurately?

calculate what? 

calories, fat, "fuel", etc. burned. from previous post in this thread it was stated the nike band may not be accurate. What alternatives are good?

via Counterkicks
"But here’s the super hot headlining scoop that you’re hearing from us first — before it even comes out of Mark Parker’s mouth: everything is connected to the company’s recently debuted Nike+ FuelBandaccessory.

This is what our sources tell us:

- All of Nike’s 2012 Olympics shoes feature censors in the footbeds that read everything you do. If you play basketball for example, FuelBand can read your peak height and even the amount of miles you’ve run during the course of a game.

- Nike’s end goal with FuelBand incorporation is to combine the modularity of recent footwear releases like the Kobe VII and Air Jordan 2012 and then take the assembled data one step further by creating the ultimate custom fit shoe, specific to each athlete’s personal game play.

- How it’ll be done: Nike+ FuelBand will read your style of play and what you do, you’ll eventually be able to take the FuelBand and the personal data it contains to a Nike store, and in about an hour and a half, you’ll have a Swoosh shoe completely custom built for you.

So the grand announcement is essentially Nike iD on steroids. Maybe even better to use the term “Nike DNA,

Originally Posted by finnns2003

My fuelband auction just ended for $290. I saw some going for $400+. Damn!
laugh.gif

are people really paying that much?
laugh.gif
I was gonna wait for these to sit but looks like I'll be copping tomorrow to avoid those crazy prices

Originally Posted by anhuynh16

All of Nike’s 2012 Olympics shoes feature censors in the footbeds that read everything you do. If you play basketball for example, FuelBand can read your peak height and even the amount of miles you’ve run during the course of a game.

eek.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Does anyone know if NDC is going to have a large quantity in stock or will it sell out in 3 minutes again?

isn't the nike + in reality already a "censor"? I mean ...

still would like one, if not then whatever

NYC heads, saw this on Twitter and FB -

On Wednesday, 2.22, a limited quantity of Nike+ FuelBands, in all sizes, will be available for purchase at NIKETOWN New York when the store opens at 10AM.

The Nike+ FuelBand will available on a first-come, first-served basis and limited to two per customer. We will not accept phone orders for this product.

Because demand for the Nike+ FuelBand is high and supplies are limited, it is possible that we will not have enough of them for everyone to purchase.

Niketown New York will have limited inventory daily and continue to have quantities of Nike+ FuelBands available for purchase every morning thereafter for the foreseeable future.

Niketown New York is open Monday-Saturday 10AM-8PM EST and Sunday 11AM-7PM EST.

via Counterkicks
"But here’s the super hot headlining scoop that you’re hearing from us first — before it even comes out of Mark Parker’s mouth: everything is connected to the company’s recently debuted Nike+ FuelBandaccessory.

- All of Nike’s 2012 Olympics shoes feature censors in the footbeds that read everything you do. If you play basketball for example, FuelBand can read your peak height and even the amount of miles you’ve run during the course of a game.

- Nike’s end goal with FuelBand incorporation is to combine the modularity of recent footwear releases like the Kobe VII and Air Jordan 2012 and then take the assembled data one step further by creating the ultimate custom fit shoe, specific to each athlete’s personal game play.

- How it’ll be done: Nike+ FuelBand will read your style of play and what you do, you’ll eventually be able to take the FuelBand and the personal data it contains to a Nike store, and in about an hour and a half, you’ll have a Swoosh shoe completely custom built for you.

So the grand announcement is essentially Nike iD on steroids. Maybe even better to use the term “Nike DNA,

via Counterkicks

Back
Top Bottom