NIKE+ FUELBAND --- Nike's Big Announcement (1/19/12)

Originally Posted by Gnarled

Once the price gets better, I'll try it out. Anyone know how to compensate when you're on workout machines? Like the bike one or a treadmill, pretty much anything with no wrist movement.

you cant

Originally Posted by grusumm18

Originally Posted by jecca650

Does anyone here do any combat sports(muay thai, boxing, brazilian jiu jitsu, etc) with their bracelet on? I've been thinking about wearing mine while I train when I get it, but I don't know how durable they are. Also, do start to smell or anything after being worn all the time with sweat on your body?

nah...small bumps on the clasp will open it and its a pain to keep closing it
really just good for cardio estimates
It should be fine to use. It shouldn't open unless the clasp is pushed down all the way (which wouldn't happen with small bumps). 

Originally Posted by Gnarled

Once the price gets better, I'll try it out. Anyone know how to compensate when you're on workout machines? Like the bike one or a treadmill, pretty much anything with no wrist movement.
I'm sure you could probably somehow attach the fuelband securely to your shoe if you're riding a bike and it would still calculate movement. I guess the same would would work if you were just walking on the treadmill. Any bike riders attach it to there shoes to see if it works 
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by BOSS TYCOON 408

I just hit my 50th day with my fuelband. Overall it's been well worth the money imo. I've hit most of my goals which is 2,000. The battery is better than I imagined. I wore it 3 days without charging it a couple times. Having the fuelband while being in the NT running challenge has been keeping me extra motivated. I'm hoping they could incorporate more accurate fuel with exercises that use little wrist movement like pushups. Sometimes I forget to wear my fuelband after I charge it and realize I forgot to put it on when I'm driving
laugh.gif
that cost me my 16 day streak.

Thanks for that.  I ordered mine last week  cause I kept hearing about it supposedly selling out every time and bought it just to see what they hype was about.  I should get it Wednesday but I've been having doubts about it cause I'm thinking what else I could've spent $150 on lol.  But hopefully it's worth it for me. 

Just got mine in, and the Large is far too big I think. I used the print-out paper measure thingy that they had on their site too. Gonna try it for a day, we'll see, otherwise have to exchange for a Medium whenever they're back in...... Poop.

Just got mine yesterday and already finding it beneficial. I've definitely been trying to be more active to make sure I hit my goal.

Got mine today.everything works well but won't sync to my iPhone for nothing. Called Nike, went through troubleshooting, finally they told me they would ship me a new one. Got a 20% off coupon out of it though...

Originally Posted by pootaing

got mine today
pimp.gif

set my goal for 3000, and after a 1 hour workout im only at 800
yup, fb doesnt recognize you pushing weight, just the movement of your hand
on an insanity workout, i burn 12-1500

gym (just weights) lucky if i get 700

Originally Posted by BOSS TYCOON 408

I just hit my 50th day with my fuelband. Overall it's been well worth the money imo. I've hit most of my goals which is 2,000. The battery is better than I imagined. I wore it 3 days without charging it a couple times. Having the fuelband while being in the NT running challenge has been keeping me extra motivated. I'm hoping they could incorporate more accurate fuel with exercises that use little wrist movement like pushups. Sometimes I forget to wear my fuelband after I charge it and realize I forgot to put it on when I'm driving
laugh.gif
that cost me my 16 day streak.
Maaaaan!! That ruined my 20 day streak. It hurt. 
mad.gif

Originally Posted by grusumm18

Originally Posted by pootaing

got mine today
pimp.gif

set my goal for 3000, and after a 1 hour workout im only at 800
yup, fb doesnt recognize you pushing weight, just the movement of your hand
on an insanity workout, i burn 12-1500

gym (just weights) lucky if i get 700

someone who faps a lot must hit 5k easily
laugh.gif

I should get mine tomorrow. might end up returning it since it doesn't really recognize pushing weight
frown.gif
: |

yeah, that day was intense !

ran 9 miles, did a two a day training session, and boxing, annnnnnd work
laugh.gif

Yo can you explain what u did exactly to average 6K?? I had it for a couple of days and i was happy when i hit 4k. I don't work out every day and i got an office job so i don't know... Maybe i gotta step it up.

i workout and run everyday.

sometimes ill run, and fuel points barely add up.

but my workouts are intense - and thats were i get alot of points.

i do ALOT of quick movments, cleat training, oly lifts.

lots of stuff that incorporate wrist movements at fast twitch.

also my job is active.

got my fuel band today and my usb cable isn't properly working because it wouldn't recognize my band when i tried to connect it to set it up
mad.gif

called nike and the guy told me to directly connect my band to the usb port on my laptop. the nike connect finally picked up my band and i was able to set it up. Rep said i should be getting a new usb cable in about a week
ohwell.gif

any one else experiencing the same problem?

Pulled the trigger on one today on NDC... it was an impluse buy, sort of.. but excited nonetheless.

Originally Posted by chr1scross

Pulled the trigger on one today on NDC... it was an impluse buy, sort of.. but excited nonetheless.

eek.gif

I JUST pulled the trigger on a Medium right now on NDC. Been on the fence, but decided...why not.

Can't wait for mine. 
pimp.gif

Can anyone else who already has theirs comment on the sizing of these, im on the fence since i tried on a small one that got returned

where i work but it seemed like it could have been too small but i dont know if the medium would fit too big since i want it snug on

my wrist, any help?

Originally Posted by DatRealBalla12

Can anyone else who already has theirs comment on the sizing of these, im on the fence since i tried on a small one that got returned

where i work but it seemed like it could have been too small but i dont know if the medium would fit too big since i want it snug on

my wrist, any help?

My wrist measured 7 inches even.. Went with medium. Perfect out the box without the additional piece.. Not loose not tight, perfect.

Back
Top Bottom