NIKE+ FUELBAND --- Nike's Big Announcement (1/19/12)

i'm gonna hold out on getting a band until the upcoming olympics. hopefully nike gets all the kinks out and maybe packages it with their nike+ basketball line.

Originally Posted by proto onslaught

How have you guys been cleaning the band?

Mine starting to look like ashy larry
indifferent.gif

I clean mine with soap and water. The band scratches really easy.

bought mine yesterday for 100 dollars off of craigslist, going to try it out for a few weeks and if i dont like it ill sell it

I've had mine for 3 weeks with zero issues. It does exactly what its supposed to do. This past weekend it got a little slow syncing with my iPhone so I hooked it up to the laptop and found there was updated firmware and an update to the software on the laptop. Been syncing even faster after the updates. I have a number of other friends who have had them since the very first release and they love them. No one has had any issues.

I think some people are looking for too much out of these. None of the readings are really 100% accurate but the "goal" of the device is to use a visible number calculation to motivate you to get up and move a little more. Whether the number means a true calculation or not doesnt really matter. If its gettin later in the evening and you see you are only a couple hundred points from your goal it might motivate you to go out and run a quick mile instead of waste time in front of the t.v. for that last couple hours of the night. Yeah 150 is a little much to pay for a novelty like this but hey when was a sneakerhead ever accused of being good with money haha. 99% of people think we are nutcases for having 100s of pairs of 150 dollar sneakers.

Originally Posted by marley

I've had mine for 3 weeks with zero issues. It does exactly what its supposed to do. This past weekend it got a little slow syncing with my iPhone so I hooked it up to the laptop and found there was updated firmware and an update to the software on the laptop. Been syncing even faster after the updates. I have a number of other friends who have had them since the very first release and they love them. No one has had any issues.

I think some people are looking for too much out of these. None of the readings are really 100% accurate but the "goal" of the device is to use a visible number calculation to motivate you to get up and move a little more. Whether the number means a true calculation or not doesnt really matter. If its gettin later in the evening and you see you are only a couple hundred points from your goal it might motivate you to go out and run a quick mile instead of waste time in front of the t.v. for that last couple hours of the night. Yeah 150 is a little much to pay for a novelty like this but hey when was a sneakerhead ever accused of being good with money haha. 99% of people think we are nutcases for having 100s of pairs of 150 dollar sneakers.
lol spot on

Talk to 'em.
Anywho, just got my fuelband in today. (that finally fits. 
pimp.gif
)

Loving it so far. Will post a review in about a week. 

What Marley said.

I think I'm at about 45 days w/mine and haven't had any problems. Knock on wood.

consider yourselves the lucky ones.

I love it don't get me wrong. But the fact that nike plus support stopped taking emails as well the extended wait period on the phone lines ( 3 plus hours also with some call back request not being fulfilled until the following business days) is a strong indication that the Fuelband still has a lot of bugs that needs to be worked before it is released worldwide. So far the fuel band has been only released on NDC USA and select nike stores in NYC but yet their customer support has been swamped .

Having problems syncing now. Did a reset and still keep getting a error message.

Returning my fuel band. Did a reset and it wiped out 2 weeks worth of my data. What a piece of junk.

Originally Posted by mrfantastic21

Having problems syncing now. Did a reset and still keep getting a error message.
Are you syncing to a phone or to your computer.  They put out a firmware update over the weekend that resolved the syncing issues.

called it , this was just a hyped up gimmick that you all needed to have , funny how hype sells , nike really has it down packed to sell you something you dont need on top of it not working , this was a big joke and all of you bought it like it would really help you get fit for summer , please as if you need some dinky wrist band to get your a_s_s off the couch and motivate you

Originally Posted by mrfantastic21

Are you syncing to a phone or to your computer.  They put out a firmware update over the weekend that resolved the syncing issues.
I was having problems syncing both to my phone and computer. My firmware was up to date. Sending mine back to Nike.

Originally Posted by Sourkush

called it , this was just a hyped up gimmick that you all needed to have , funny how hype sells , nike really has it down packed to sell you something you dont need on top of it not working , this was a big joke and all of you bought it like it would really help you get fit for summer , please as if you need some dinky wrist band to get your a_s_s off the couch and motivate you

had the same feeling..

Exactly...
I don't think it's meant to help people get in shape, it just makes getting in shape more fun and interesting and adds a LITTLE EXTRA motivation.
Just like the OG Nike+ that goes in your shoe or the Nike GPS watch ( although those have more accurate readings for what they are meant for), nobody needs them and they won't help anybody get in shape that does not want to, but they do help u keep track of progress and motivates u to do more than u did before.
All I check is the Fuel, I never look at the other stats.

Also had my issues resolved with the firmware update.

Weird, isnt the FB supposed to reset after midnight of each day?  Its past midnight in the midwest and it hasn't reset yet.  Oh well, more Fuel points for me!

Originally Posted by Sourkush

silkyjohnson.jpg

I've had no problem with mine. Syncing is good and it is doing what it was meant to do: Keep me active and set myself some goals. I have an 11 day streak going.

Not to mention that there are some of these on Ebay that runs for $250,considering that there are some bad batches that malfunctions.

I'm about to be on my third. I got my first one and it worked well for 2 days. At the end of the third day, I look down at my band and it's cycling through a bunch of stuff (SYNC, Bluetooth Icon, Bluetooth Off Icon, Airplane Mode... which I didn't know was an option). I called Nike and they said they'd heard of this maybe once or twice so far and they sent me out another one. Got the replacement Fuel Band. It was cool for 3 days. I woke up this morning, and it did the same cycling (SYNC, BT, BT Off, Airplane Mode) and then died. I can't get anything to come up on the screen. I didn't shower with it, I didn't even wash my hands with it on. I do Muay Thai and I left it on when I put on my boxing gloves... it wasn't submerged in water though. On the website, there's clearly someone wearing boxing gloves. I asked the guy on the phone the first time and he said that wouldn't be a problem. I'm about to give this one more shot before I ask for a refund.

Mine has worked 100%, even jumped in the pool with it accidently on. My workouts usually consist of lifting and basketball (2-3 hours) for cardio and I havent run into a single problem, There's probably just a bad batch out there

To the ones saying it's all hype blah blah blah..I feel it does exactly what its supposed to do. It's a motivator especially when you have 15+ friends hooked up through facebook making it a competition. No one said it was supposed to make you lose weight

Originally Posted by pootaing

Mine has worked 100%, even jumped in the pool with it accidently on. My workouts usually consist of lifting and basketball (2-3 hours) for cardio and I havent run into a single problem, There's probably just a bad batch out there

To the ones saying it's all hype blah blah blah..I feel it does exactly what its supposed to do. It's a motivator especially when you have 15+ friends hooked up through facebook making it a competition. No one said it was supposed to make you lose weight

I agree 100%. Like when me and you are talking about what our Fuel is at during the day, it's a huge push to make that goal or do what I need to do. I really hope my third one works.

Back
Top Bottom