Nike Greater Than Series (Cut/Run/Jump)

Got this email from mike…what a tease lol

Attachments

• EE66C3B3-C26C-4C0B-A1D8-D6AA590009DC.png
    EE66C3B3-C26C-4C0B-A1D8-D6AA590009DC.png
    285.9 KB · Views: 441
Finish Line has been sending me e-mails for 3-4 months about some NB shoe I clicked on accidentally. So obnoxious

Gonna be hard to top imo:

many thanks for you for these GT comparisons. I'm waiting on a great colorway for the Jumps. I'm just curious on what's your take between the Jumps and the 36s ?
I'm loving the 36s thus far and ultimately have my 34 SEs on permanent casual use.

I'm putting my Cuts use on hold since suffering a major calf tear injury. can't do much fast agile movements for the time being. it might seem the shoe puts a bit more stress on those muscle regions.

Do
many thanks for you for these GT comparisons. I'm waiting on a great colorway for the Jumps. I'm just curious on what's your take between the Jumps and the 36s ?
I'm loving the 36s thus far and ultimately have my 34 SEs on permanent casual use.

I'm putting my Cuts use on hold since suffering a major calf tear injury. can't do much fast agile movements for the time being. it might seem the shoe puts a bit more stress on those muscle regions.
I find the jumps to have a wider and more stable base. I love the 36 as it’s super minimal, but after not wearing them for a bit and then putting them back on last weekend, the forefoot seems higher and more tippy. Still love the 36. It’s just such a minimal shoe with great cushion.

Thinking of doing a comparison video between the jump and 36 as they have similiar features

Do

I find the jumps to have a wider and more stable base. I love the 36 as it’s super minimal, but after not wearing them for a bit and then putting them back on last weekend, the forefoot seems higher and more tippy. Still love the 36. It’s just such a minimal shoe with great cushion.

Thinking of doing a comparison video between the jump and 36 as they have similiar features
Do you mean the runs and the 36 comparison?

Gonna be hard to top imo:

I love your videos cause you're like the NPR of ShoeTube :lol: Thanks for the detailed review. I really really hope the jumps come out in black in the US. Although I should probably just be hoping ANY colorway comes out at this rate, since the Jumps are so far behind schedule.

Side question - how do you get your camera that high up near the backboard for your videos? Just curious as to your setup.

I love your videos cause you're like the NPR of ShoeTube :lol: Thanks for the detailed review. I really really hope the jumps come out in black in the US. Although I should probably just be hoping ANY colorway comes out at this rate, since the Jumps are so far behind schedule.

Side question - how do you get your camera that high up near the backboard for your videos? Just curious as to your setup.
one more thing, how you got the YMCA gym all to yourself?

Just finished watching your review, 23mj88 23mj88 ! Great work.

Pretty much covered what I needed to know about the shoe. Probably the only thing I’m a little concerned with is how exposed and vulnerable the zoom bags are, but I guess it shouldn’t be a big deal.

Btw, your local Y is as big as the Lifetime Fitness we have in our area here in MA :rofl:.

I think we’ll be fine with jumps. I’m hearing lots of colours and availability.

I have a go pro suction cup. I actually really like this set up as you can see the whole court! Thanks for the feedback my man!!

4719B8B1-3520-4FA6-8931-410C4F9E6ED6.png

Last edited:
Just finished watching your review, 23mj88 23mj88 ! Great work.

Pretty much covered what I needed to know about the shoe. Probably the only thing I’m a little concerned with is how exposed and vulnerable the zoom bags are, but I guess it shouldn’t be a big deal.

Btw, your local Y is as big as the Lifetime Fitness we have in our area here in MA :rofl:.
I think the bag will be good. The back has the Pebax jump frame acting as the overall support and the cushlon on the sides just prevent it from collapsing so easily. It’s such a weird set up but honestly it just works so good. Nike hit a home run with this crazy set up!!

Amethysts came in (pictured in front of its older brothers in the bloodline).
I did not expect getting them in hand to be this bittersweet, for it to be my first hoop shoes in the post-Nike Kobe era. It really does feel like the Kobe 8 (my favorite Kobe) reincarnated, especially how the tongue is shaped and constructed.

Attachments

• 4F9DF0D9-9247-4115-8B82-7EE22E44B31F.jpeg
    4F9DF0D9-9247-4115-8B82-7EE22E44B31F.jpeg
    608 KB · Views: 182
Amethysts came in (pictured in front of its older brothers in the bloodline).
I did not expect getting them in hand to be this bittersweet, for it to be my first hoop shoes in the post-Nike Kobe era. It really does feel like the Kobe 8 (my favorite Kobe) reincarnated, especially how the tongue is shaped and constructed.
The cuts have KB DNA written all over them. In a perfect universe this would’ve been his next shoe. Either way, the cuts are the total package low top shoe imo

No, the cushion and upper are actually similiar on the 36/Jumps. I know the 36s are a bit more minimal but they’re closer to being alike then I thought.
I see what you mean. I'm just saying since the Runs have 1 extra zoom on the forefoot on top of the other whole zoom under it, just like the 36. the Cuts have 1 extra zoom at the heel along with the whole zoom unit on top. the Jumps though have a double-double treatment.

The cuts have KB DNA written all over them. In a perfect universe this would’ve been his next shoe. Either way, the cuts are the total package low top shoe imo
the GT line is pretty reminiscent of the Nike Kobe II Supernatural line which had 3 iterations of the shoe. I think if Kobe was still around, it might had been his 2nd one of having that kind of a shoe set.

Color combo is better on the kyries but the darker shade is nicer on the cuts. Wish the cuts would of been same combo as the Kyrie.

Color combo is better on the kyries but the darker shade is nicer on the cuts. Wish the cuts would of been same combo as the Kyrie.
Agreed.

Got my pair in today, I like but don’t love this colorway. Might be a few days before I can get a run in to test these out but I feel like retail is too high for me to be completely satisfied with this purchase. Seeing these side by side I actually like the aesthetics of the Kyries a little more.

Back
Top Bottom