Nike Greater Than Series (Cut/Run/Jump)

God I have to cop fast on richards during class because I got lecture at 9am on fridays looool. If I have an exam I'm effed.

I'm excited to hopefully try the GT Cut after some of the initial youtube reviews. Would be great if they are readily available...

Sick I didn’t see this sooner. Even though I know I didn’t have a chance for the Ionescu’s I just hate not at least getting a chance to try. Favorite colorway so far (of ones released to the public) and not for exclusivity reasons.

JS”

Unfortunately eBay is flooded with confirmed orders

i encourage everyone to spam these sellers with offers super low so they get a bunch of "offer" emails :lol:

Screen Shot 2022-08-17 at 3.43.15 PM.png

Basically just all the details and full comparison to the Cut 1. Been sick for 2 weeks so ignore my voice Lmao

Great video. I really enjoy what you're doing with your channel.

I liked the Cut 1s, but couldn't quite love them. The heel was a little too clunky for me, which it sounds like Nike fixed with the 2s. I also felt like the heel to toe drop was too much - the forefoot had good cushioning but it just felt too thin compared to the heel and the shoe felt a little disjointed. Is the heel to toe drop less pronounced in these and they feel like a smoother package?

Great video. I really enjoy what you're doing with your channel.

I liked the Cut 1s, but couldn't quite love them. The heel was a little too clunky for me, which it sounds like Nike fixed with the 2s. I also felt like the heel to toe drop was too much - the forefoot had good cushioning but it just felt too thin compared to the heel and the shoe felt a little disjointed. Is the heel to toe drop less pronounced in these and they feel like a smoother package?
Thanks!!

Drop is pretty identical, I do however like the small zoom bag under the heel, very nice extra plush feeling.

I will say, after playing in everything but the drop in shoes for a while now, it is a little weird to get used to this set up again, it is nice but just takes time lol

Well yeah okay, first things first: what an disappointment this shoe is shaping up to be. Will make my mind up after watching a few more reviews, eventhough Zach has been pretty spot on with his reviews, atleast for me and my weird *** feet.

And the thing number two: I love how he doesn't even try to be the best hooper in the gym and show off some flashy moves in pickup games, he's just that basic 40+ dude who everyone of us plays against on weekly basis. Really gives an nice insight to the shoe when the reviewer is not an semi-pro player, or something like that.

Well yeah okay, first things first: what an disappointment this shoe is shaping up to be. Will make my mind up after watching a few more reviews, eventhough Zach has been pretty spot on with his reviews, atleast for me and my weird *** feet.

And the thing number two: I love how he doesn't even try to be the best hooper in the gym and show off some flashy moves in pickup games, he's just that basic 40+ dude who everyone of us plays against on weekly basis. Really gives an nice insight to the shoe when the reviewer is not an semi-pro player, or something like that.
I like when the reviewer focus on the shoe more and his thoughts about it rather than focus on showing off their dribbling or basketball skill or purely just promoting the product and using clickbait titles.

as far as the GT Cut 2s are concerned, I'm worried about the durability of the upper. hopefully they hold up and won't get holes like some running shoes are notorious for. I see it might perform better than the GT Cut 1s as they are more level than slanting.

tbh, the only thing I was looking forward to as to why the Cut 2s were ideal in my case was the “improved” drop-in React sole cuz I planned on switching it with my Cut 1s due to the heel-to-forefoot drop and the added zoom bag in the heel.

But after the teardown and seeing that it’s the same forefoot drop from the heel, it turned me off lol.

tbh, the only thing I was looking forward to as to why the Cut 2s were ideal in my case was the “improved” drop-in React sole cuz I planned on switching it with my Cut 1s due to the heel-to-forefoot drop and the added zoom bag in the heel.

But after the teardown and seeing that it’s the same forefoot drop from the heel, it turned me off lol.
is it? not sure about it but it seems from the video and cross-cut of the GT Cut 2 shoe, the forefoot midsole seems to be thicker. I know that the midsole of the GT Cut 1's is thin.

damn my brother said he saw some royal blue jumps at the clearance store for 79. told him to go back and get them for me and they were gone 🥶

Last edited:
Ya, I love Zachs take on the shoes and how different feet react with the shoe itself, what the shoe offers and what it’s meant for in conjunction with cushion and support. He’s a podiatrist after all.

I just wish he organically spent more time with the shoes, to get an authentic feeling for how the shoes last and hold up over time, I think he got these 2-3 days ago, on YouTube it’s just a rush to wear them 2-3 times and give your take on them.

I stand firm you need wear a shoe for 10-15 hours to see how it performs. But to each their own!!

Ya, I love Zachs take on the shoes and how different feet react with the shoe itself, what the shoe offers and what it’s meant for in conjunction with cushion and support. He’s a podiatrist after all.

I just wish he organically spent more time with the shoes, to get an authentic feeling for how the shoes last and hold up over time, I think he got these 2-3 days ago, on YouTube it’s just a rush to wear them 2-3 times and give your take on them.

I stand firm you need wear a shoe for 10-15 hours to see how it performs. But to each their own!!
the only thing that I didn't agree with him on is with regards to drop-in midsoles and how unstable they were and can cause injury. this was in regards to the complaints of the GT Cuts. considering the history of drop-in, he didn't further investigate if it is really the true cause of such injuries. also, this is not the first time that shoes had a drop-in midsole and there wasn't a complaint much about them. imo, I believe it has to do more with the implementation of the shoe and it's cushion setup that can contribute to what is making the person susceptible to certain injuries.

here is what I noticed with the GT Cut 1's. there seems to be more pressure on my shins and calves. also, I didn't feel any instability inside the shoe that makes my feet slide all-over the place. what I did notice is that I felt I was wearing heels which made my calves contract more and felt my shins seem to be forced forward. my suspicion though is on the drop elevation rather than the midsole moving.

when you say 10-15 hours, do you mean the total break-in time or continuous play?

if it's the total break-in time, I somehow agree with you.

the only thing that I didn't agree with him on is with regards to drop-in midsoles and how unstable they were and can cause injury. this was in regards to the complaints of the GT Cuts. considering the history of drop-in, he didn't further investigate if it is really the true cause of such injuries. also, this is not the first time that shoes had a drop-in midsole and there wasn't a complaint much about them. imo, I believe it has to do more with the implementation of the shoe and it's cushion setup that can contribute to what is making the person susceptible to certain injuries.

here is what I noticed with the GT Cut 1's. there seems to be more pressure on my shins and calves. also, I didn't feel any instability inside the shoe that makes my feet slide all-over the place. what I did notice is that I felt I was wearing heels which made my calves contract more and felt my shins seem to be forced forward. my suspicion though is on the drop elevation rather than the midsole moving.

when you say 10-15 hours, do you mean the total break-in time or continuous play?

if it's the total break-in time, I somehow agree with you.
Ya, drop ins are pretty damn sweet imo. Zach is a tennis player and hasn’t played in any previous drop ins it looks like to my knowledge (previous to the GT series)

Ya, just 10-15 hours of on court time to truly see how a shoe performs and holds up. I don’t care what anyone says, a dremel isn’t showing anything other than the “highest grit sandpaper” can tear through almost anything. A hardwood court will not do that to a shoe.

Regardless, I like his knowledge on the way a shoe fits a foot etc.

But you need more than 2-3 hours of running around in a shoe to know how it truly performs.

✌🏼

Back
Top Bottom