Nike Hyper Elite college basketball uniforms

Originally Posted by andfattoo

^so the shorts are hella thin?

I don't know your exact definition of hella thin, but these are the thinnest, lightest bball shorts I've ever seen. They feel like soccer shorts. When I saw them in person I remember thinkin these might rip apart in the washing machine.

Originally Posted by joekamel

Originally Posted by andfattoo

^so the shorts are hella thin?

I don't know your exact definition of hella thin, but these are the thinnest, lightest bball shorts I've ever seen. They feel like soccer shorts. When I saw them in person I remember thinkin these might rip apart in the washing machine.
Someone described wearing these felt like wearing swimming trunks.

the nike hyper elite uniforms are supposed to be very thin like dri-fits, so the moisture doesn't stick to your body.

Remember Umbro shorts? Thin like those.

I like them. If anyone sees white Kentucky shorts in a place I can phone order, please post. I am stressing out not being able to find them.

Originally Posted by prodigalson11

Originally Posted by shabooyah1124

Dang... I know Illinois isn't an elite program... but I wish they were included on this.

I miss the '05 jerseys they wore. The jerseys now just look terrible. #FireBruceWeber
The 05 and the 89 jerseys are my favorite college uni's ever.
Anyway, I am pretty sure they are in the "Elite". I thought Elite was for teams who have been to the Final Four in the last 10 years. They were one of the originals to have the Elite design (the silver piping on the back shoulder area of their uni's was their "Elite" style). I believe they originally broke those out in an ACC/B10 challenge game in Dee Brown's senior year. My guess is you will see their uni's updated to the new Elite style for next season as the silver piping is fazed out.

Yeah the '89 and '05 uniforms were sweet. Even more so for the sentimental value from those great seasons. I still havent been able to get myself to watch the '05 final.And you're right. Illinois is Nike Elite. Just not a hot enough program right now where Nike would have set them up with these new styles mid season like they did for these teams.I'm really curious to see how they will look next year. I like the clean simple looks they did for MSU, KY, and TX. The school specific designs on the back are sweet. I would hope for the Chief head dress logo on the back, but not sure if that would break the no Chief rule.
i love Illinois current uniforms and would love to nab some of the home white or navy ones.

Originally Posted by Minarets

i love Illinois current uniforms and would love to nab some of the home white or navy ones.
The current ones aren't bad. They got the navy McCamey jersey and the white and navy shorts on Eastbay. I saw the white shorts at Ntown Chi too.

Just saw the sample uni's from the Nike rep last week. I was very disappointed in the quality of the jersey. The regular material was very nice and light. The side panels on the jersey were made of super cheap mesh. I certainly wasn't expected that. We were planning on getting those jerseys for next year and have since changed our mind because of the cheap material.

I'm not discounting what other people are saying about it but the big time D1 teams get a lot better quality than what we would get (we are D3).

Joe-
Which Niketown did you see White Kentuckys? I need them in my life. I am at the point where I can never get just one colorway. I get one and obsess until I get the other colorway.

Back
Top Bottom