Nike HyperAdapt: 1.0 and Adapt BB

this is not true. There is a documentary series on Netflix about industrial designers (forgot the name)- they did a whole episode on TInker H, very interesting. They spend the last half talking about the Hyperadapt- these were his babies, he was hyping them as revolutionary, they spent thousands of hours designing these. Huge flop. Also, notice how Nike spent tons of promo dollars earlyin launch, now they spend zero on it and drop it as an "exclusive" for Nike+ (anyone w a pulse). Think they are clearing stock soon. They could've made this part of the Off White collection, could've collaborated, could've made it cheaper. No.

Screen Shot 2017-11-20 at 7.19.19 PM.png
Screen Shot 2017-11-20 at 7.19.11 PM.png

https://www.netflix.com/title/80057883

I think Nike was also kind of forced by fans to deliver due to the success of BTTF. People been talking this up, and then the Air Mags were released, but people wanted something they could wear and auto-lace.

Based on selling out each time, hard to call it a flop. These will not end up on the sales racks in outlet stores. And they are fun imo, loom better on foot compared to what I expected. Many folks think they have the appeal of a Marshall's Nike, but they are kinda dope. Here is a pic I just snapped in the airport of me and my stepson

IMG_20171120_180830_072.jpg

I think Nike was also kind of forced by fans to deliver due to the success of BTTF. People been talking this up, and then the Air Mags were released, but people wanted something they could wear and auto-lace.

Based on selling out each time, hard to call it a flop. These will not end up on the sales racks in outlet stores. And they are fun imo, loom better on foot compared to what I expected. Many folks think they have the appeal of a Marshall's Nike, but they are kinda dope. Here is a pic I just snapped in the airport of me and my stepson

They are at outlets as well as the Employee Store(s). Granted they are probably returns but the Tinker Blue was definitely in my local outlets system and they had sizes.

They are at outlets as well as the Employee Store(s). Granted they are probably returns but the Tinker Blue was definitely in my local outlets system and they had sizes.

Never heard of that before, but different and larger markets get different stuff. I'm guessing still $720 though and not discounted.

Got em in my cart. After x mas shopping ima see if it still there and cop. I like the technology aspect of it. And they seem cool for casual wear.

This man stepfathers properly

This man stepfathers properly

Thanks fam! The kid got into Nike due to seeing me wearing a lot of Nike, so has been getting a lot of outlet sneakers due to continuously growing feet. Now he seems to be settled somewhat in a size, figured this would work and he will not outgrow them soon...hopefully :lol:

Copped the Tinker Blues last night, went with my TTS sz 12, hopefully I have no problems. If they don't feel right I'll just return them since I work right next to an outlet.

Very underwhelmed by these
Got them in yesterday and will be returning them

For me, I wanted these months before even released, I just really like the entire story behind it, had seen multiple videos with Tinker and Tiffany, so getting these was a must. And I still enjoy having them. But if you don't like them, $720 gets you a lot of other sneakers...

I've been interested in those and since the resell prices don't deviate from the retail that much nowadays I might save up a bit to get them.
Do some of you guys on here who got them think they are worth it?
I'm a big fan of sneakers like the Mircopacer etc., so I think I might enjoy them but the price is still hefty.

I've been interested in those and since the resell prices don't deviate from the retail that much nowadays I might save up a bit to get them.
Do some of you guys on here who got them think they are worth it?
I'm a big fan of sneakers like the Mircopacer etc., so I think I might enjoy them but the price is still hefty.

Its a hefty price but to me, they were worth it (got the OG Black pair & Silver pair), like they said above, the whole story behind the shoe and being a BTTF fan, which played a big role into it. It really never gets old to put them on and have them auto lace on your feet. I've worn them a number of times, so its something I always take into account, I'm not paying 700+ to keep a shoe in the box. If its something I truly want to wear and enjoy, then it was definitely worth it.

Yikes.

I know these patterns will appeal to some people, but the busier it is the narrower the market... not exactly the wisest choice for something they are (seemingly) struggling to sell after the initial limited drop.

Simple colors probably work best... personally I’d cop an all black, a white, or a Mag colorway, and I think those would have the best chance of selling generally

Ive really liked all the color ways thus far but man those pixelated ones are some hot sweet trash

Got them yesterday, I agree with an earlier post that they fit 1/4 snug. Went with my TTS sz 12 and it's fine. A crazy thing though is that they keep auto lacing while being worn walking around from time to time. I took out the insoles and that corrected the problem, now it simply auto laces when I put them in the first time. Plus taking out the insoles made them feel better since they fit 1/4 snug.

Back
Top Bottom