Nike HyperAdapt: 1.0 and Adapt BB

Hey,

I bought bought two pairs at the NYC flagship store and I want to resale one of them.

You have to provide your email and Nike Plus account in store so I was wondering if the shoe is linked to your account and if so, do you need to do anything if you want to sell them online?

Yes if you try to pair the shoes with the wrong account the internals will melt and catch fire

I’ve complained about that three times in here at least :lol:

It sucks. Maybe they’ll add that feature in an update but I suspect it will drain the battery too quickly to be a practical option. Hope I’m wrong about that.

Yeah I'm positive they tried for that and it probably cut the battery life in half or even worse. I'm with you in hoping that they update it in the future to allow them to stay on at least while the shoe is in motion, if nothing else.

I’ve complained about that three times in here at least :lol:

It sucks. Maybe they’ll add that feature in an update but I suspect it will drain the battery too quickly to be a practical option. Hope I’m wrong about that.
I was thinking it wouldve been dope if they made the whole bottom of the shoe light up so when you walk youre stepping on shine and when youre standing there its barely glowing through the outsole. Im pretty sure they have led sheets that could flex. Maybe one day they could make the whole upper light up lol.

weave some fiber optics through the flyknit... make it into a swoosh light. Call it flyber optics i dont know
d8af0ba2d76b48872e60475ba6eb2cbb.jpg

I was thinking it wouldve been dope if they made the whole bottom of the shoe light up so when you walk youre stepping on shine and when youre standing there its barely glowing through the outsole. Im pretty sure they have led sheets that could flex. Maybe one day they could make the whole upper light up lol.

weave some fiber optics through the flyknit... make it into a swoosh light. Call it flyber optics i dont know
d8af0ba2d76b48872e60475ba6eb2cbb.jpg

For sure there are loads of possibilities as they move ahead with this stuff. Even on these, at least how about a mode where you can elect to keep them on for say up to an hour at a time?

For sure there are loads of possibilities as they move ahead with this stuff. Even on these, at least how about a mode where you can elect to keep them on for say up to an hour at a time?

Or just at night time!

I’ll sacrifice the battery life lol

Damn everyone for showing off their pairs that it made me want a pair. DAMN YOUS ALL!!!

:lol:

46215654295_744e843124_b.jpg

Also just found out that the lace engine is water-resistant, so if your shoes do get a bit soaked, shouldn't be an issue!

From here: https://www.nike.com/help/a/adapt-bb-get-started
Check out our cleaning instructions when it comes time to clean your Nike Adapt BB shoes. Keep in mind that the shoes aren't waterproof, so don't put them in a washing machine. The lace engine is water resistant and will not be damaged from stepping in a puddle or sweating in them during a game.

Last edited:
maybe they couldnt get the rights to lights because of la gear lol

Anyone know if Nike at The Grove or any other SoCal spot still has pairs? Tried to fight the urge to hunt after striking out on SNKRS, but I need these in the worst way. (Thanks in advance)

maybe they couldnt get the rights to lights because of la gear lol

Don’t think I haven’t thought about those lit LA Gears LOL. Normally if I saw a grown up wearing light-up shoes I’d be like, WTF. These get the opposite from me probably just because of the Back to the Future vibe overall :tongue:

Are these water resistant ? Most people be hoopin outdoors and will get dirty quickly
Personally I wouldn't buy a $350+ dollar shoe to hoop outside, especially one that has a mesh upper (going to get ripped and worn out quickly), and doesn't have a rubber outsole meant for outside courts. Not saying you can't just feel like it would be a huge waste of money. You could get like 3-4 kicks meant for outside courts that will do a better job and last longer for the same amount for these.

These shoes will make a great prank prop. Have friends or family over hanging out and then secretly adjust the sliders to have them think the shoes malfunctioning and freaking out. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom