Nike HyperAdapt: 1.0 and Adapt BB

Prob should return them

We're a LONG way from that. Wasn't complaining, was just posting my experience in case it happens to others. If stuff like this becomes a consistent issue, then yes, they will go back. Who knows what happened, I was running bluetooth in the car on the way home with the shoes in the car. No idea what that could do but as I said, we all have loads of irritating experiences with this stuff on a daily basis.

2C477B40-D2FB-4111-844D-0EF8174B1A19.png
My boy was able to pick up a pair for me and I got them today. I’ve spent the last 5+ hours trying to pair them up to my phone. I keep getting an error message saying that they are already paired to another device called the Nike help desk they have no idea how to fix them....

My boy was able to pick up a pair for me and I got them today. I’ve spent the last 5+ hours trying to pair them up to my phone. I keep getting an error message saying that they are already paired to another device called the Nike help desk they have no idea how to fix them....

There is a total reset procedure. Have you tried that? I don't know what it is offhand but it has been posted in this thread pages back. Did the help desk send you that procedure? If so and you're still in the same boat, that really sucks. Send them back if so. If not, comb through this thread starting last Thursday, Feb. 14. It's in here either on that day once deliveries began for the pre-ordered pairs, or the next day.

From all photos, which I have seen so far, they look really clunky! Is that the case?

Go ahead and remove/"forget" the connection of the shoes in the Bluetooth settings and then uninstall the app. Once that's all done, do the things mentioned below.

1) For one shoe, hold both buttons at the same time for 5 seconds. You'll see your battery life first, then TWO RED FLASHES and then a SOLID RED BEFORE FADE.

2) After, press + hold one button THROUGHOUT THIS PROCESS. Once it turns WHITE, press + hold other button THREE TIMES, ONE OR TWO SECONDS EACH TIME. First time will turn RED. Second time will turn YELLOW. Third time will turn GREEN. Let buttons go for 15 seconds; it's fully reset. Repeat for other shoe.

Download the app again, and start the connection process again. It should work now.

If it's confusing, let me know and I'll post a video.

Go ahead and remove/"forget" the connection of the shoes in the Bluetooth settings and then uninstall the app. Once that's all done, do the things mentioned below.

1) For one shoe, hold both buttons at the same time for 5 seconds. You'll see your battery life first, then TWO RED FLASHES and then a SOLID RED BEFORE FADE.

2) After, press + hold one button THROUGHOUT THIS PROCESS. Once it turns WHITE, press + hold other button THREE TIMES, ONE OR TWO SECONDS EACH TIME. First time will turn RED. Second time will turn YELLOW. Third time will turn GREEN. Let buttons go for 15 seconds; it's fully reset. Repeat for other shoe.

Download the app again, and start the connection process again. It should work now.

If it's confusing, let me know and I'll post a video.
Yo thanks for the info, as soon as I woke up this morning I tried to pair it again and it worked!

I was successful using the system reset method....

• Press and hold both buttons for five seconds. Release when LEDs turn red.
  • Press and hold unlace button. When lights turn on, press the lace button nine times. Each lace button will flash a new color after releasing the 9th press.
The 9 button press worked and I’m good to go!

Yo thanks for the info, as soon as I woke up this morning I tried to pair it again and it worked!

I was successful using the system reset method....

• Press and hold both buttons for five seconds. Release when LEDs turn red.
  • Press and hold unlace button. When lights turn on, press the lace button nine times. Each lace button will flash a new color after releasing the 9th press.
The 9 button press worked and I’m good to go!

Yep, that's the way. I think you just need to press it three times if anything. I had the same exact issue happen to me.

damn idk if I'm willing to spend 5 + hours of my time configuring a pair of shoes. What phone is it?

Right. Just give me laces at that point :lol:

Man, I had to call the store to ask someone for help, and then it got a bit confusing over the phone, so I drove back to the store to meet with one of the product guys to get help.

Let that sink in, guys. I had to get help for connecting an app... to shoes... because my shoes... had connection problems.

Only in 2019 and onwards.

Man, I had to call the store to ask someone for help, and then it got a bit confusing over the phone, so I drove back to the store to meet with one of the product guys to get help.

Let that sink in, guys. I had to get help for connecting an app... to shoes... because my shoes... had connection problems.

Only in 2019 and onwards.

I hope Nike took care of you. They should take a % off your order and at least a 25% discount code too! How far was store from you?

I hope Nike took care of you. They should take a % off your order and at least a 25% discount code too! How far was store from you?

Yeah they definitely did. I bought it in store, and it wasn't an issue for me. Thank goodness for the 3-day weekend, traffic was lighter than normal for a 30-minute afternoon drive over.

:lol:

You guys have fun with these. I don't need to charge shoes and mess with problems on an app. I'll stick with old fashioned laces and my Infrared 6.

The whole thing is simultaneously asinine and unnecessary yet highly amusing and cool. I so didn't need a self-/auto-lacing shoe, either, but now that I have them and have worn them ... it's just a rare experience after all of these years of being into shoes that something new comes along that is this fun and different. I have no idea how long it will be before the novelty wears off, but for now I'm having a grand old time with them. A few instances of gltiches with the app or whatever shouldn't be a shock and shouldn't, by itself, put people off that much. Just my opinion of course, but hell, my experience getting a new phone over the weekend makes a hiccup with these seem like nothing. But that's an entirely different story LOL

Last edited:
Shoes feel great on feet. Nike could've made them less loud though.

I think the left shoe makes more noise than the right one when tightening, so it's probably something they could tune if they wanted to?

Shoes feel great on feet. Nike could've made them less loud though.

I think the left shoe makes more noise than the right one when tightening, so it's probably something they could tune if they wanted to?

They really do need to work on that moving forward with this tech in other shoes. I don't like to wear them in my office because if I start playing with them, my boss can hear it from his office next to mine and then he knows I'm just effing around with sneakers again :rofl:

Back
Top Bottom