Nike HyperAdapt: 1.0 and Adapt BB

I think it will be Kobe first and then bron gets the perfected version.
Yeah, wasn't there something that popped up not long ago quoting Avar or Nike in general that implied the next major Kobe sig will have it?

So I just got my pair in and these are so ****ing cool.
Didn’t have a problem pairing them with my app. Didn’t update the software just in case

And I got my TTS and the fit fine. When my foot is in side them. It’s the getting them on pair that’s the hardest but all I do is stretch the some and my foot slips right in.

Had them for a few hours now, but not sure what to think of them.
They look dope on the outside, but you pay for the tech in it, which, while cool, seems a bit useless for casual wear. I slip them on and they fit alright. May tighten them slightly with the app (or have it go to the preset). But they're so noisy....
Don't see a reason to adapt the tightness during the day (wouldn't do it at the office anyway, because of the damn noise). So what do you have then: a pair of shoes you need an app for to loosen them when you get home (or press the buttons). Plus another device that needs charging...

Few days left to think about it, but not sure if they're worth the price to me.
Main problem I have with them is the noise from the motor (think it's actually a speaker, cause Nike thought we'd like this sound effect).

Reactions: ARK
Had them for a few hours now, but not sure what to think of them.
They look dope on the outside, but you pay for the tech in it, which, while cool, seems a bit useless for casual wear. I slip them on and they fit alright. May tighten them slightly with the app (or have it go to the preset). But they're so noisy....
Don't see a reason to adapt the tightness during the day (wouldn't do it at the office anyway, because of the damn noise). So what do you have then: a pair of shoes you need an app for to loosen them when you get home (or press the buttons). Plus another device that needs charging...

Few days left to think about it, but not sure if they're worth the price to me.
Main problem I have with them is the noise from the motor (think it's actually a speaker, cause Nike thought we'd like this sound effect).
It’s the motor, not a speaker. These are actually a lot quieter than the hyperadapt 1.0. Honestly this just isn’t a tech that most people need or that even adds value to the shoe wearing experience. I could see it being good for people with some disabilities though, so that’s cool.

It’s the motor, not a speaker. These are actually a lot quieter than the hyperadapt 1.0. Honestly this just isn’t a tech that most people need or that even adds value to the shoe wearing experience. I could see it being good for people with some disabilities though, so that’s cool.
No. They created the sound:

Rice says the sound, which is an E flat Major, was a long discussion that included one engineer making it play the tone of the aliens in Close Encounters of the Third Kind. It’s valuable product currency, and the company is trying to make it synonymous with Nike. Two chords are generated: the first and second chord of the E flat Major scale when the battery is above 20 percent, and an E flat C, or an octave lower, when it’s below 20 percent. The lace engine’s plastic shell amplifies the sound. It’s pretty loud, and there’s no way to make it quieter. The entire experience is sensual, with the shoe tightening at the same time as this note playing.
Rice admits some people might not dig it. “I know it’s polarizing, but a lot of people really like it. They really like the sound, and I think it’s resonated — no pun intended — with a lot of people.”

So where was the post about resetting them?

My left shoe won’t turn on and my app can’t find it? Right shoe works fine

My left shoe is twice as loud as my right shoe :D
Dunno what's going on with these left shoes causing problems.

So where was the post about resetting them?

My left shoe won’t turn on and my app can’t find it? Right shoe works fine
My left shoe also randomly decided to not turn on last night but I got them working again without the full reset; just held in a button, then two, then nothing happened, then hit the buttons some more with no result, then while just looking at them, thinking WTF, suddenly they came back on but were pulsing like they were charging, and then I started the app and they reconnected and boom, went back to functioning normally. Goofy but OK in the end.

Believe it or not I actually like the motor sound.
I don't think it's the SOUND that's annoying some people, it's the volume. I for one wouldn't complain if they were designed to be a few decibels lower. But it's whatever to me.

No connection issues here. Sync was easy using iPhone Xs
I have an iPhone XS Max and it was hell to get mine connected but the reset finally worked for both shoes. Then I deleted the Bluetooth pairing with my phone, starting from scratch, and it was good.

After I did a reset of the left shoe the button response to lace/unlace is delayed. It's been on the charging pad so it can't be low on charge.

Phone's bluetooth doesn't read the BB but old Samsung phone does but that has old os so can't get the app. Gotta figure how to pair the phone's bluetooth to the shoe then it should commemorate t to the shoe. Ugh so frustrating.

Last edited:
Nike w the unnecessary huge box. W the branding tape.... :sick:

Attachments

• 20190219_223841.jpg
    20190219_223841.jpg
    251.9 KB · Views: 26
My left shoe also randomly decided to not turn on last night but I got them working again without the full reset; just held in a button, then two, then nothing happened, then hit the buttons some more with no result, then while just looking at them, thinking WTF, suddenly they came back on but were pulsing like they were charging, and then I started the app and they reconnected and boom, went back to functioning normally. Goofy but OK in the end.
Thank you both. I left them on to charge while i went to work gonna see if they work fine when I get home. If not I’ll try these if they keep acting up this bad Imma return them. For $350+ they should be working flawlessly out of the box

Back
Top Bottom