Nike Jet Flights Appreciation Post vol nashs fave nikes

Had the white/black pair when eastbay released the TB colorways. Still one of my favorite Nikes, such an awesome design.

Originally Posted by whyte1der05five

Also, if the plastic eyelid part broke (connecting the side of the shoe to the eyelet), how would I be able to fix that? Im guessing not glue since there would still be pressure there from cutting and other movements, but is there a way to connect it back together?

This is why i hated the shoe.  Mine broke after like 10 wears.
No way of fixing it, is there?

^^ to each his own.... but these are a beauty to me, mad jeally i never had a pair of these or the zoom drives either =[

These are still my all time favorites performance wise along with the Air Zoom Glove's.

I had the worst high ankle sprain of my life in these .... sold em next day, and sold the other 4 colorways I had as well.

Originally Posted by sole searchin

Originally Posted by whyte1der05five

Also, if the plastic eyelid part broke (connecting the side of the shoe to the eyelet), how would I be able to fix that? Im guessing not glue since there would still be pressure there from cutting and other movements, but is there a way to connect it back together?

This is why i hated the shoe.  Mine broke after like 10 wears.
No way of fixing it, is there?
No, because it's in a high impact area.

All of the plastic eyelet/connectors are breaking now-a-days... probably because these shoes are 10-12 years old, and it's just getting brittle.  All it takes is a hard cut, side swipe with another player (or even your other foot), or any other impact, and it could be toast.

I suppose you could try epoxying/taping the area... but it will end up looking really bad and won't last very long.  And playing without using the laceholes on the plastic piece is asking for an ankle sprain... that plastic piece basically serves to connect the shoe to the heel counter to provide stability while giving a slightly higher profile to protect more of the ankle.

They are the best balling shoes ever... it's just that their time seems to have past due to the effects of age.  I know that they (the plastic pieces) sometimes broke even back in the day... but it's just a huge issue now that doesn't have a real good solution.

Back
Top Bottom