NIKE KOBE VI PROTRO - 2021

0D31BADF-6196-462E-8639-E54E1E078925.jpeg

Who does this guy think he is 🤣🤣🤣

Maybe he could get a sig shoe with k-mart or Payless but that’s pushing it lol
I think that comment was taken out of context. I am certain that he is saying that he'd rather have fun with wearing different shoes, instead of having a sig. It does not seem as if he is saying that he is a top tier player, but if Jeremy Lin can get a sig shoe, then I am certain that PJ Tucker can as well.

I think that comment was taken out of context. I am certain that he is saying that he'd rather have fun with wearing different shoes, instead of having a sig. It does not seem as if he is saying that he is a top tier player, but if Jeremy Lin can get a sig shoe, then I am certain that PJ Tucker can as well.
Except Jeremy Lin is way more popular than PJ Tucker, had one of the best feel good runs in NBA history, and can sell to a huge market.

Except Jeremy Lin is way more popular than PJ Tucker, had one of the best feel good runs in NBA history, and can sell to a huge market.
I believe that you may be missing the point. In the comment on having a sig shoe, it seems that Tucker understands his own limitations. It is more fun to wear what you want, when you want. In regard to Lin, his game is no better than that of Tucker, clearly not as versatile as Tucker who is still in the league, and he got a sig shoe. I am certain that a case can be made that Tucker can indeed reach a demo, that Lin may not be able to reach as well, especially with the right marketing.

Honestly, I’m just thankful Venessa signed that deal & we get to see all these retros/protros still...

Now if y’all want those PEs just make it to the league already 🤣🤣🤣

Still can’t believe some dude in “kobeAD” thread was buying mamba fury’s bc he thought Nike wasn’t going to sign the deal w/ Kobe estate

He said he was going to flip a couple pairs so he could pay for the other pairs he copped 💀💀💀

Nike is having a lot production issues so hopefully when this pandemic is over...

We finally get to see NikeIDs for kobes? If that ever did happen, I would order a million pairs

knowing Nike they would prob give us 🆔 options for the lame mamba fury/or whatever they are called
:rofl: I forgot all about that guy. And then he basically cussed us all out who told him he was being stupid.

I think ID is what we all want more than anything for this line. That’s how we could get a lot of these PEs.

Said the same thing a few pages back. Reporter asked him how he'd feel if nike gave him a sig. He just saidhe would prefer to be more free to wear what he wanted.

In no way was he suggesting that he was sig sneaker material.

Last edited:
I know we've all been saying this, but I agree again. Every time someone else busts out some PE, I can't help but shake my head and wonder the same thing all over again. I don't know if the lack of releases and the relatively low supply of the releases we do get is influenced by something in the contract with Vanessa now, or Nike thinking the true market for Kobes is actually pretty small if the releases aren't few and far between and limited, or Nike just being a giant troll.

Is the company still gun shy about the true demand after seeing a lot of the Protro 1s and IVs sit around on shelves? Obviously even if it did drop some of these bad *** PEs, it can't drop them all. The market/demand does have a ceiling, for sure. But it at least SEEMS like the supply is far short of demand.

On every night in the NBA, you've got loads of players on EVERY team rocking Kobes, which is absolutely in the spirit of the Protro concept and what Kobe seemed to want with his shoes. Making them limited and virtually impossible to get flies in the face of the whole original idea: upgrading the shoes so they are playable to today's standards, and just making great shoes for ballplayers. We can debate over whether or not all of the Protros have actually been upgrades in terms of tech and performance, but it's really beside the point. Kobe's whole vision for this line was to clearly not make them retro lifestyle/fashion shoes you had to drop $400 for on the resale market. Yet that's exactly how Nike has been doing it, while at the same time promoting them with a boatload of fools actually playing in them. It makes no damn sense.

Some geniuses in Beaverton are probably sitting there laughing at this, saying, yeah but we sell out every drop now and we've built mega hype over the line, and no longer will we see them hit outlets. Fair enough from a business standpoint ... but I believe they could provide a lot more in the market without seeing them sit and head to outlets. I can't recall another time in sneaker/NBA history where so many players wore shoes that the consumer they're advertising the shoes to by playing in them basically can't ... buy the shoes. It's reached a point where it's really like, what the **** IS the point, exactly?

It's so stupid, in fact, the cynic in me starts to wonder if Vanessa cut a deal that pays her/Kobe's estate so much at a certain level of sales that Nike feels like it's not worth it to the bottom line to do more than it is doing. Total made-up theory on my part, but the whole thing is just bizarre.

nikeid would virtually eliminate pairs sitting in outlets and increase their revenue, cause stockx/goat to go return to planet earth after being on cloud 9 in 2020 off of kobe releases and resellers to eat a bag of dicks... all of which are great things for us.

but nope. true fans don't get ****... instead 2 phone apps and nerds with programming skills make the profits, leaving the true fans pissed off they gotta spend 3x retail just to play basketball in a shoe that is nostalgic to them.

i really dont get where nike's head is at .. i really don't.

I remember for weeks and weeks on people kept swearing the grinches were gonna drop down. I knew if Bruce lee were sitting in The 3 range the grinch would be at lowest $350. The bright side I see only one other protro being grinch range price and that being the undefeated 6s

Back
Top Bottom