NIKE KOBE VI PROTRO - 2021

How much of the gradient/color change effect of the OG grinches is because of age though? Never had a fresh pair in hand 10 years ago. The protros look plenty nice in person. Can’t justify spending more on the 2010 model at this point because they seem to age like ****. Not aging as nicely as an 85 jordan 1 lol

YOU FATASS
Roll me out.
047784CF-B9A2-476A-B6A7-EA753AEE9CF2.jpeg

I know it’s a different amount but with the $1200 and unemployment early on SOME where out here balling sooo who knows a lot of these new resellers have stories of using that 1200 to start reselling

Now it’s not gonna be everyone but some are gonna use it what’s it for but if you are working rn and “don’t need” it’s extra cash to spend/save invest etc.
Even if that's the case, I don't think it will be enough to move the needle on resale value.

Even if that's the case, I don't think it will be enough to move the needle on resale value.
Idk strictly off guessing. I think a overwhelming majority of sneaker heads qualify for that stimulus. Not saying they will use that extra money on Kobe’s but it’s gonna be good pct that used that for sneakers and grinches are hot right now. So I wouldn’t doubt a uptick in price imo

Idk strictly off guessing. I think a overwhelming majority of sneaker heads qualify for that stimulus. Not saying they will use that extra money on Kobe’s but it’s gonna be good pct that used that for sneakers and grinches are hot right now. So I wouldn’t doubt a uptick in price imo
if every member of NT got their checks at the same time and spent it on the same sneaker on the same site, ok. but thats not the case. even if everybody decided to use that stimulus check on sneakers, it would be a small percentage of them that decided that this kobe grinch was the one...many more would lean towards dunks, jordan brand releases and even yeezys...all of which are still more popular that this kobe. IMO

i think when one is interested in a sneaker as much as we are in this grinch release, often times we quantify its popularity within the grand scheme. in reality, there are tons of sneaker consumers even here, where this release just doesnt move the needle at all.

uptick of a few bucks? sure. that happens with every purchase on stockx. but it also takes a potential buyer off the market and can lower the price as well.

if every member of NT got their checks at the same time and spent it on the same sneaker on the same site, ok. but thats not the case. even if everybody decided to use that stimulus check on sneakers, it would be a small percentage of them that decided that this kobe grinch was the one...many more would lean towards dunks, jordan brand releases and even yeezys...all of which are still more popular that this kobe. IMO

i think when one is interested in a sneaker as much as we are in this grinch release, often times we quantify its popularity within the grand scheme. in reality, there are tons of sneaker consumers even here, where this release just doesnt move the needle at all.

uptick of a few bucks? sure. that happens with every purchase on stockx. but it also takes a potential buyer off the market and can lower the price as well.
I feel ya but this particular Kobe is like no other. The shoe is moving on resale apps. It was number 1 on stockx for like 4 days straight. I can’t remember a Kobe ever being in the top 20 let alone top 5

I feel ya but this particular Kobe is like no other. The shoe is moving on resale apps. It was number 1 on stockx for like 4 days straight. I can’t remember a Kobe ever being in the top 20 let alone top 5
Almost Every single big nike/Jordan/yeezy release spends a considerable amount of time in the top 20 on stock x

Wore My OG's All Day Christmas Eve And Christmas With No Issues At All
56B89ECB-5F5E-4634-94B1-BDD74C5B5191.jpeg
Well, I wouldn’t be the one to spend $1400 to take the chance on it happening. I’d just buy the newest one, but that’s me.
That’s why I sold my OGs last December. There was nothing wrong with them, but I started wondering how long that would be the case. I’ve actually never had a pair of shoes separate. I wore my ‘06 Penny 1s this summer and nothing happened. The difference with the Grinches was, at least to me, I can get $600 for them now, or I can get basically nothing if I look down one day and they’re separated. So I took the cash LOL.

The last sale im my size was $750 and a size 10 sold for $730 . So people are asking stupid prices and getting paid for it. I doubt that will be the final sales price in a few weeks but I think it will still be more than the recent V’s. If the buyers were less eager with the V Rings and didn’t keep meeting the ask; we would be getting decent deals on them. But sometimes too many people can’t help themselves and want the instant gratification of getting them early or just don’t mind burning money.
I really don't understand how people decide to jump the gun. People really won't increase their bid to get closer to the ask so they can tease the seller to come down their bid. I guess like you said, they must not mind burning money.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom