NIKE KOBE VI PROTRO - 2021

Caved in a paid resale for the Grinches. Size 9 for $360. Don’t think they are gonna get any lower espceially with Kobe’s 1 yr anniversary this month. RIP

Question guys.... I wanted a pair 5s to hoop in and was aiming for the Derozens. Didnt want to pay a certain amount being I new I was gonna hoop in them. A listing for the 5 rings just went up and it is sparking my interest. If I get it to a favorable price... should I just do that. I already have a lakers themed 8 ID pair and I have the yellow nxt 360s. I guess I'll also retire my lakers PDFs.

Caved in a paid resale for the Grinches. Size 9 for $360. Don’t think they are gonna get any lower espceially with Kobe’s 1 yr anniversary this month. RIP
Maybe that week it will go up but I think when the All-Stars and the other 6s release it will decrease a bit further then eventually will spike up by summer.

I’m a wide footer sz 13 and these fit perfect compared to the Kobe V. :nthat:

9D1C3E43-810B-4340-86C2-081C29EA3648.jpeg

This shot with the lighting and the Volt laces makes the Grinches look COLD! 🥶 My pair is scheduled to be delivered tomorrow!

Caved in and bought an 11.5 for $475 plus from StockX. Prices on them are trending up and I do not think they’ll be going down for that size in particular. Might purchase an 11 as well, which is about $50 less.

Caved in and bought an 11.5 for $475 plus from StockX. Prices on them are trending up and I do not think they’ll be going down for that size in particular. Might purchase an 11 as well, which is about $50 less.
That’s a decent price

Yea I havent seen in OG Grinches in person but from stock pics and what others have said.... essentially it's a brighter green and the gradient black underlay isnt as pronounced with the protro.

I'm irked cuz sz 11s I'm seeing are in the range I like but not my sz 11.5
I sold my OGs last December, so interested to see what my memory sees as different when these arrive.
Black underlay? It’s green not black LOL. Darker near the heel, lighter at the toe. Some photos make it look almost nonexistent, like the whole upper is one same color.

I sold my OGs last December, so interested to see what my memory sees as different when these arrive.
Black underlay? It’s green not black LOL. Darker near the heel, lighter at the toe. Some photos make it look almost nonexistent, like the whole upper is one same color.
Well I did say I never seen the OG pair in person lol. So the "green" under the scales was darker around the heel and got faded out to the toe box

Well I did say I never seen the OG pair in person lol. So the "green" under the scales was darker around the heel and got faded out to the toe box
Yeah, the green fabric the scales attach to.

Have to admit ... I thought prices would’ve cooled some by now. Never thought getting a pair from Goat with a purchase price of $429 would feel like a great deal smfh

Last edited:
What happened to the Australia FTL online release?

Sounds like some NTers were able to secure pairs sourced from Australia but there’s no way that numbers there would have made a big enough dent to lower resale values. I guess it’s still to early to tell if the Chinese release had any effect, but it doesn’t seem like it.

Sounds like some NTers were able to secure pairs sourced from Australia but there’s no way that numbers there would have made a big enough dent to lower resale values. I guess it’s still to early to tell if the Chinese release had any effect, but it doesn’t seem like it.
In the days leading up to the Grinch release, and for a week following, I honestly believed prices could fall to the $390-$400 range. I partly based this on the fact they were selling for $390 or less before the official drop. Logically, the more pairs into the market should lower the price.

In retrospect, I should’ve known better. I feel like a lot of people, me included, waited to take their shot at retail before paying resale. Still kicking myself for not grabbing them from Goat on Dec. 23 when I could’ve grabbed my sz 11 for $379. Christ, if I had hit the next day for retail, I could’ve sold a pair to get my resale-price money back.

Now I don’t see prices consistently dropping to $400 or less pretty much ever. If I had sat and really thought about it on the 23rd, I should’ve used the Vs as the evidence. Chaos Vs have gone up and down all year but never have been much below $350 for long, and are now back above $400 a year after they released. And historically, Grinches command more than Chaos Vs and pretty much every other Kobe. There’s no reason to believe that’s suddenly going to change with protro releases.

I’m really interested to see if the protros reach the same prices as the OGs down the road. Very well could.

Last edited:
In the days leading up to the Grinch release, and for a week following, I honestly believed prices could fall to the $390-$400 range. I partly based this on the fact they were selling for $390 or less before the official drop. Logically, the more pairs into the market should lower the price.

In retrospect, I should’ve known better. I feel like a lot of people, me included, waited to take their shot at retail before paying resale.
This is exactly what my plan was.. Since i can never win on those raffles & apps - I always wait it out a week or two after the release day before i even consider to pay resale prices.. I set my price to copped the grinch at $350 but i've only seen a local reseller priced this once and it was sold super quick that i didn't even had a chance..My 1st pair was a gift and for my 2nd pair i paid $385 locally.. In comparison, it's my 2nd time paying this much for any shoe - masterpiece was the most expensive shoe i paid for and about an hour long drive to pick it up..

Last edited:
I dont ever like to pay more than 100 over retail but this shoe has to the exception. You only live once....this is a shoe I could no longer wait for. I finally copped for 440 shipped. Recieved the shoe yesterday and man, what a sneaker. Absolutely 💯 🔥. Normally a Jordan retro sneakerhead, but being a fan of the grinch and an admiration and respect for Kobes game....well these were at the top of the list. As other NTers have mentioned....I can easily make some of the money back in other ways. This ain't no biggie. My hope everyone gets an opportunity to own the shoe. God bless.

Since all gyms/ courts are closed here since November 1st, I decided to wear the grinches around the house to break them in a bit. I am a 9.5 in the Vs and VIs, the VIs are a bit narrower in the forefoot than the Vs and the insole is more mouldy aroound the heel area than the Vs, so I believe that after 5-10 wears the VIs should be ready for peak performance on court!

Back
Top Bottom