NIKE KOBE VI PROTRO - 2021

0D31BADF-6196-462E-8639-E54E1E078925.jpeg

Who does this guy think he is šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

Maybe he could get a sig shoe with k-mart or Payless but thatā€™s pushing it lol

Starburry would shiieeeet on PJ sigs

15 years in the nba ? he was playing in europe for 6 years between 2007-2013 then he got back to the NBA with some super low contract and almost no playing time , then he just became james hardens ball boy and all of a sudden he thought he is rodmans reincarnation with all the new wave sneaker culture , he is a below average player whose poser skills are far ahead his basketball skills , i know i am hating but when so bad players like PJ gets such attention , this is one of the main reasons NBA is in an all time low competiveness and not really watchable anymore
We are on the same page as far his sig line but he ainā€™t far below average. Most NBA players arenā€™t scoring 20-25 a night. i think the average is like 10-15. Thereā€™s more to basketball than scoring. PJ may not be the best scorer but makes winning plays and does the little things it takes to win. any coach will tell you that. You donā€™t make and STAY and the next level being ā€œfar below averageā€

PJ been doing this sneaker thing for a while, just because he picked up steam in houston ( he was there before harden BTW). look at some of his college games heā€™s got heat. i remember him pulling out crazy stuff in his days on the suns

My All-Stars from StockX just arrived. Pretty quick turnaround, especially since they came from Hong Kong. I ordered on the 13th and they arrived today. They're slightly more snug than the other pairs of my OG 6s but that's probably because those have 10 years of wear on them. They do have a slightly different shape when you're looking at them from above though. Definitely worth the $50 over retail that I paid so I don't have to worry about the inevitable strike out in a few weeks.

1613680735354.png

1613680772471.png

1613680789526.png

1613680809801.png

1613681050258.png

That man had 0 loyalty and all of a sudden heā€™s the Kobe guy with a P.E. šŸ˜‚. Kids eatting up. Kudos Nike šŸ‘šŸ¾
It seemed like he got the PE and thought he was in deeper with Nike than he was, when he said a certain shoe was the Bron 18 and it came to pass that it wasnā€™t.

Last edited:
Idk if itā€™s the 6, the fact theres no leopard print or a combo of both that makes that color way look better than on the 7.

Whatever millennial intern they hired for their decision making needs to be fired and never given another shot at working in the industry again.
I know we've all been saying this, but I agree again. Every time someone else busts out some PE, I can't help but shake my head and wonder the same thing all over again. I don't know if the lack of releases and the relatively low supply of the releases we do get is influenced by something in the contract with Vanessa now, or Nike thinking the true market for Kobes is actually pretty small if the releases aren't few and far between and limited, or Nike just being a giant troll.

Is the company still gun shy about the true demand after seeing a lot of the Protro 1s and IVs sit around on shelves? Obviously even if it did drop some of these bad *** PEs, it can't drop them all. The market/demand does have a ceiling, for sure. But it at least SEEMS like the supply is far short of demand.

On every night in the NBA, you've got loads of players on EVERY team rocking Kobes, which is absolutely in the spirit of the Protro concept and what Kobe seemed to want with his shoes. Making them limited and virtually impossible to get flies in the face of the whole original idea: upgrading the shoes so they are playable to today's standards, and just making great shoes for ballplayers. We can debate over whether or not all of the Protros have actually been upgrades in terms of tech and performance, but it's really beside the point. Kobe's whole vision for this line was to clearly not make them retro lifestyle/fashion shoes you had to drop $400 for on the resale market. Yet that's exactly how Nike has been doing it, while at the same time promoting them with a boatload of fools actually playing in them. It makes no damn sense.

Some geniuses in Beaverton are probably sitting there laughing at this, saying, yeah but we sell out every drop now and we've built mega hype over the line, and no longer will we see them hit outlets. Fair enough from a business standpoint ... but I believe they could provide a lot more in the market without seeing them sit and head to outlets. I can't recall another time in sneaker/NBA history where so many players wore shoes that the consumer they're advertising the shoes to by playing in them basically can't ... buy the shoes. It's reached a point where it's really like, what the **** IS the point, exactly?

It's so stupid, in fact, the cynic in me starts to wonder if Vanessa cut a deal that pays her/Kobe's estate so much at a certain level of sales that Nike feels like it's not worth it to the bottom line to do more than it is doing. Total made-up theory on my part, but the whole thing is just bizarre.

Last edited:
I know we've all been saying this, but I agree again. Every time someone else busts out some PE, I can't help but shake my head and wonder the same thing all over again. I don't know if the lack of releases and the relatively low supply of the releases we do get is influenced by something in the contract with Vanessa now, or Nike thinking the true market for Kobes is actually pretty small if the releases aren't few and far between and limited, or Nike just being a giant troll.

Is the company still gun shy about the true demand after seeing a lot of the Protro 1s and IVs sit around on shelves? Obviously even if it did drop some of these bad *** PEs, it can't drop them all. The market/demand does have a ceiling, for sure. But it at least SEEMS like the supply is far short of demand.

On every night in the NBA, you've got loads of players on EVERY team rocking Kobes, which is absolutely in the spirit of the Protro concept and what Kobe seemed to want with his shoes. Making them limited and virtually impossible to get flies in the face of the whole original idea: upgrading the shoes so they are playable to today's standards, and just making great shoes for ballplayers. We can debate over whether or not all of the Protros have actually been upgrades in terms of tech and performance, but it's really beside the point. Kobe's whole vision for this line was to clearly not make them retro lifestyle/fashion shoes you had to drop $400 for on the resale market. Yet that's exactly how Nike has been doing it, while at the same time promoting them with a boatload of fools actually playing in them. It makes no damn sense.

Some geniuses in Beaverton are probably sitting there laughing at this, saying, yeah but we sell out every drop now and we've built mega hype over the line, and no longer will we see them hit outlets. Fair enough from a business standpoint ... but I believe they could provide a lot more in the market without seeing them sit and head to outlets. I can't recall another time in sneaker/NBA history where so many players wore shoes that the consumer they're advertising the shoes to by playing in them basically can't ... buy the shoes. It's reached a point where it's really like, what the **** IS the point, exactly?

It's so stupid, in fact, the cynic in me starts to wonder if Vanessa cut a deal that pays her/Kobe's estate so much at a certain level of sales that Nike feels like it's not worth it to the bottom line to do more than it is doing. Total made-up theory on my part, but the whole thing is just bizarre.

I dont know how big of an thing liie Change.org is the States, but would there be any idea of collecting signatures, having some known "shoetubers" endorse this kind of thing and when there is enough signatures in this thing, someone who have been selected as an representative would give out this petition to Nike?

Just a crapshoot, im a foreigner and in my county we have a same kind of thing where normal everyday people can make these petitions, and some of them have been kind of succesful. Like this past year, there has been these petitions, for example, which our goverment has been processing involving legalisation of marijuana, and sexual abuse laws.

Honestly, Iā€™m just thankful Venessa signed that deal & we get to see all these retros/protros still...

Now if yā€™all want those PEs just make it to the league already šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

Still canā€™t believe some dude in ā€œkobeADā€ thread was buying mamba furyā€™s bc he thought Nike wasnā€™t going to sign the deal w/ Kobe estate

He said he was going to flip a couple pairs so he could pay for the other pairs he copped šŸ’€šŸ’€šŸ’€

Nike is having a lot production issues so hopefully when this pandemic is over...

We finally get to see NikeIDs for kobes? If that ever did happen, I would order a million pairs

knowing Nike they would prob give us šŸ†” options for the lame mamba fury/or whatever they are called

Back
Top Bottom