Nike Kyrie 7

I would love the NBA to also tighten the rules on the shoe colours, the matching shoes to the team unis looked way better! Sometimes it looks like a clown shoe on players feet, it is nothing special anymore to wear special kicks! Of course for Christmas, BHM, ASG and Easter miss matching kicks should be possible, so that it will be special again!

I would love the NBA to also tighten the rules on the shoe colours, the matching shoes to the team unis looked way better! Sometimes it looks like a clown shoe on players feet, it is nothing special anymore to wear special kicks! Of course for Christmas, BHM, ASG and Easter miss matching kicks should be possible, so that it will be special again!
Times change my man. It was time when they did it imo.

Y’all must pull in matching fits to pickup games :lol:

Jokes aside. I do wish Nike would stop letting them do PE’s on Xmas/ASG/BHM/Easter etc. because 10/10 the PE looks better than the actual release and kills the drop for me. hell maybe sprinkle in a colorway that dropped or will drop from time to time during normal games.

I’m looking at you Bron & Kyrie.

(Was super hyped Bron wore the Xmas joints for the entire game)

other than that i don’t care.

It’s also probably a lot to drop team colors when players switch teams more and more frequently now.

Times change my man. It was time when they did it imo.

I agree times change and change is good and bad! My statement probably relates to the fact that I started watching in 94, so I am a 90s Basketball kid! Back then I probably knew every player on every team by name, which I do not know nowadays, which is understandable, since I do not have that much freetime as I used to have as a teen.

Y’all must pull in matching fits to pickup games :lol:

Jokes aside. I do wish Nike would stop letting them do PE’s on Xmas/ASG/BHM/Easter etc. because 10/10 the PE looks better than the actual release and kills the drop for me. hell maybe sprinkle in a colorway that dropped or will drop from time to time during normal games.

I’m looking at you Bron & Kyrie.

(Was super hyped Bron wore the Xmas joints for the entire game)

other than that i don’t care.

It’s also probably a lot to drop team colors when players switch teams more and more frequently now.

It would be cool if Nike would drop the exact spec that the players wore, when they still had christmas releases this was the case! Is Nike doing TB colorways still? The last ones I have seen from Kobe for example where the AD Exodus versions, but have not seen much lately.

It would be cool if Nike would drop the exact spec that the players wore, when they still had christmas releases this was the case! Is Nike doing TB colorways still? The last ones I have seen from Kobe for example where the AD Exodus versions, but have not seen much lately.
Nike still does TB versions, PG/KD/Kyrie all have the Sig line Bron/Kobe have it for the take down lines.

I’m ok with them keeping the tech versions for them. in example i think the Kyrie 1 had FLZ or a carbon plate in it. Nike would also charge more soo i’m ok with that.

As far as colors would be cool for them to let that have PE’s and they open preorders, at like the end of the season, for colors they wore and had big moments in or we vote on ones we want.

ok Boomer.

I lied. Went TTS, played one game and my feet hurt like a mother. Definitely recommend going 0.5 to 1.0 size up.

The toe-box is unforgiving and is unlikely to stretch and mould like flyknit, synthetic materials would do.

That said, it's a pretty solid all-rounder.

If you're wearing thicker socks, like the Nike Elites, you should probably go 0.5 size up. I went TTS and might exchange for 0.5 size up... however I do like my ball shoes to be snugg with little to no movement, just means you're not thinking about sliding all over the place.

Wearing double-socks reduces the court feel imo.

IMHO, I don't believe the league will ever go back to those days of 2x max solid team colourways on shoes, nor a restricted off-court outfit. You can thank Iverson for that.

Today's society is increasingly trending towards individual/collective expression i.e., not one size fits all. Everyone in the league has their own true personal style and suppressing that won't cut it. Even the bigger brands, Nikes, Adidas, Pumas etc. are promoting their diversity in athleisure which naturally flows into the major sports leagues and individual endorsements.

Sure the mismatched shoes and uniforms can be an eyesore to many, but we should try and look beyond the aesthetic.

I'm not saying I'm right or your wrong. This is merely my outtake.

I wonder when the NBA will introduce stricter on court styling procedures, these sleeved compression tops and t-shirts is getting out of hand, why can't we get mid 90s style again? Where guys were shorts a jersey and hidden compression gear, since that was smaller than their unis!

They relaxed the rules of colours of shoes couple years ago so you can wear any colour shoes u want..prior to that your shoes had to match the Jersey and team colours for your team..and only times u was allowed to wear colours outside of your team colours was christmas Easter all star game and black history month. But from few years ago they allowed players to wear any colour shoes..it started from there..the socks..ok so I dont know so ima use sense and logic..but I can still be wrong lol so kyrie socks are nike...NBA is sponsored by nike..nba socks is still the NBA brand..plain socks I guess would still be acceptable ..other than that I couldn't tell ya with the socks lol but the shoes I do know about

Seeing celtic players with bred color sneaks doesnt sit right with me.

S*** wack.

If you’re a wide footer you definitely need half a size up. I went TTS and they feel great but I have narrow feet.

I agree with you. I miss those days. In 2009, that was when David Stern allowed players to wear any color kicks as long as it has colors relating to their team. Now that it’s no holds barred, as you said it’s not special or as special anymore.

Last edited:
IMHO, I don't believe the league will ever go back to those days of 2x max solid team colourways on shoes, nor a restricted off-court outfit. You can thank Iverson for that.

Today's society is increasingly trending towards individual/collective expression i.e., not one size fits all. Everyone in the league has their own true personal style and suppressing that won't cut it. Even the bigger brands, Nikes, Adidas, Pumas etc. are promoting their diversity in athleisure which naturally flows into the major sports leagues and individual endorsements.

Sure the mismatched shoes and uniforms can be an eyesore to many, but we should try and look beyond the aesthetic.

I'm not saying I'm right or your wrong. This is merely my outtake.
I agree with the fact that it wont ever be the same ever again..but the reason for this unfortunately isnt the ones you've mentioned..its simply because of marketing and money and business..the amount of money made from things being this way is the real and only reason why the nba allow it now. For the actually players yes they may be wantin to do it for intangible reasons especially the signature athletes cos it's their personal stories etc embedded into these shoes..but even then the freedom of them wearin any colourway they want is to do with business..even If we the public dont get access to all of the shoes they wear it still makes Billions for the corporations so..yea lol

Do you agree with the "traction is trash" statement about these
Yes and no - the forefoot area where the outsole wraps up is actually more slick than it is grippy, so it isn’t great. I will say that was early on and they *seem* to be getting a little better as I keep playing in them. They are nowhere near as good as the traction on the 6s were for me at least.

I miss when the whole squad would wear black shoes and black socks.

Now mind you I do love the matching socks with the uniforms.

To join in the “boomer” talk, majority of colors Nike throws out are terrible and I think it speaks volumes that the majority of people on the court are wearing Kobe 5’s. Nike basketball has dropped the ball in terms of design for years now with a couple exceptions. The kyrie line is 1 of those exceptions (for the most part). Maybe it’s just me by outside of the 6’s the kyrie line has little to no casual appeal though. Doesn’t bother me since I only wear them at the gym.

I remember when the color that excited most of us was the all black version of a shoe haha. Went right on feet to mob with

For traction questions, they’re great. I have the creator pair of that makes a difference.

1609720604821.png

Man I love these, that over/underlay + the liner + the orange pop above the clear outsole

Also, I’ve been meaning to share my Kyrie 7 ID. No direct inspiration other than keeping the grey & black color scheme that I’ve done on the other 6 models. Here’s my updated Kyrie collection too (Kyrie 7 ID & Krispy Kremes not pictured)

Attachments

• F12FE43E-16FD-413C-ABE8-86C71184124A.jpeg
    F12FE43E-16FD-413C-ABE8-86C71184124A.jpeg
    293.8 KB · Views: 36
  • 4863D5B1-FBE6-466F-A668-4C54E26D77AA.jpeg
    4863D5B1-FBE6-466F-A668-4C54E26D77AA.jpeg
    482.6 KB · Views: 34
  • D1402517-255C-4733-8402-2A2EB970EFAA.jpeg
    D1402517-255C-4733-8402-2A2EB970EFAA.jpeg
    288.5 KB · Views: 38
  • 94179528-1BD4-41A1-9FC8-72F0939B8B85.jpeg
    94179528-1BD4-41A1-9FC8-72F0939B8B85.jpeg