Nike Lebron 20

Have we seen the REAL XX’s?

• Yes

Votes: 107 75.4%
  • No

Votes: 35 24.6%

• Total voters
The popularity of high top sneakers for so long, outside of style reasons, came from using collar height as the only way to get heel lockdown. Now lowtops with support wings and flywire and strategically placed eyelets accomplish the same or better heel lockdown without added collar height, so what's the functional reason to wear a high top? Preference? maybe. Proprioception? Arguable depending on the specific design.

The smartest thing nike and lebron could have done is sprinkle some low top kobe dust on the lebron sig line at this stage, where it's gonna be important to get other players wearing his stuff so they can build a brand beyond his playing career. Plus they could always make an elite or plus or SE model or whatever as a high top classic lebron kind of thing.

Looked at the zoomed in view again. There just has to be some kind of twist. It's just too basic. It's a $110-$120 shoe tops, just looking at it. Unless the upper is somehow better than what looks like just the same thing they used on like the Freak 3s, meaning stiffer but not lenoweave toe-ripper stiff.

I know it has the xx on the tongue, but maybe this is some kind of new takedown, I don't know. Unless they innovated and the cushion is just that freakin good, I can't see it. I know what Complex and Sneaker Bar Detroit said but there's got to be something missing. That jut out swoosh can't be the only standout feature if these are the only 20s. Hmm :emoji_thinking:

End of the day, LeBron is a lighter player than he was in his 280+ pound days. If the collar is good on lows, not necessary to have anything higher unless a player has ankle injury history. Even then, braces are better solutions than a higher shoe collar.

Have to admit it’s interesting seeing a Bron sig without visible air, but if it feels amazing that’s all that matters. Zoom X maybe?

Looked at the zoomed in view again. There just has to be some kind of twist. It's just too basic. It's a $110-$120 shoe tops, just looking at it. Unless the upper is somehow better than what looks like just the same thing they used on like the Freak 3s, meaning stiffer but not lenoweave toe-ripper stiff.

I know it has the xx on the tongue, but maybe this is some kind of new takedown, I don't know. Unless they innovated and the cushion is just that freakin good, I can't see it. I know what Complex and Sneaker Bar Detroit said but there's got to be something missing. That jut out swoosh can't be the only standout feature if these are the only 20s. Hmm :emoji_thinking:
Could be similar specs as GT Cuts. They retail for $170. React+zoom air

Kobe nxt360s could fit in my pocket but retailed for $200

That tech was nice Af imo

And besides we paying for Bron name not the shoe

To me, the Kobe's are as simple as a ball shoe could be, yet they are some of the best basketball shoes of all time. Maybe the designers took cues from that and made it their own. And they could look simple on the outside and feel entirely luxurious in the inside.

Could be similar specs as GT Cuts. They retail for $170. React+zoom air
I like that! Wonder how much zoom would they pack in there for him?
1656303622979.jpeg

Am I the only one that doesnt give a **** about all the tech stuff? If I like how a ball shoe looks, I go out and get it and if its comfy then cool, if it hurts my feet welp.

Tech is overrated. Ive seen people ball from AF1’s all their lives to Air Maxes, to takedown models, to whatever. They are cool talking points but thats about it.

Am I the only one that doesnt give a **** about all the tech stuff? If I like how a ball shoe looks, I go out and get it and if its comfy then cool, if it hurts my feet welp.

Tech is overrated. Ive seen people ball from AF1’s all their lives to Air Maxes, to takedown models, to whatever. They are cool talking points but thats about it.
Tech don't matter if it don't fit comfortably

If you look at the tongue zoomed in, you can see the “XX” - I bet there’s a lot of tech in the midsole, just not visible like we are used to.
121DF40C-0122-4ED2-BEB5-4663171A7F9E.jpeg

01E7741E-ADB1-4F7C-9E0E-DF9BDB4B4A25.jpeg

Was posted. earlier in thread someone mentioned Zoom strobel forefoot with Air strobel in heel. I believe that’s a similar setup to the Zion 2…I’m sure we’ll hear more about the tech soon, Lebron seems like a calculated dude so I’m guessing he’s creating some buzz by wearing em to this workout.

giphy.gif

Tech is nerd talk b.

I never once was like yo man this zoom strobel, lunarlon, 2jz with overnight parts from japan with triple stacked zoom air is so damn good.

I never looked up a shoe to try cause of its tech, if it looks good, feels good then I rock with it. When I look for a new ball shoe I dont look for the same tech, I dont even look it up nor really care.

Now, ive had shoes that were comfier than others and some I didnt like at all but im not gonna nerd out on the tech and complain about the foam bottoming out like I got an 82 game season coming up.

Back
Top Bottom