Nike Lebron 20

Have we seen the REAL XX’s?

• Yes

Votes: 107 75.4%
  • No

Votes: 35 24.6%

• Total voters
IMG_0988.jpeg

Havent put these bad boys on in over a year.

Man the cushioning is elite.

Ok, I have been a Jordan brand wearer for basketball shoes almost exclusively for the past 10+ years. The last Nike Basketball shoes I played in were the black Kobe IX EXT mids (which I loved).

Got the Lebron XX Uninterrupted just to see what his modern sneaker line is like and I'm just blown away at the comfort, fit, lockdown and overall quality of the shoe. Haven't hooped in them yet, but they already seem like beasts from moving around on the hardwood floor in my house that's similar to a basketball court. I'll probably skip the XXI, because I don't like the shape of the back of it, but if the 22's look decent, I may be copping. FWIW, I tried the GT Cut 3 on and didn't love it. The GT 2 Hustles felt much nicer, but I don't love the aesthetics of it. Lebron XX felt perfect from the first second.

Alright, so one men's league game completed in the Lebron XX. What a great shoe. Started off with my teammates gathering around me complimenting me like damn what are those, Brons? These guys all have nice sneakers also, so the Uninterrupted colorway seems to be an eye catcher. I always have expensive/nice kicks and I can't recall ever having that kind of reaction from teammates. In comparison, there were two other people wearing Lebron XX's on the other team and they just didn't look as premium and special like mine. Colorway makes a huge difference.

On the court, they were very confidence inspiring. My moves felt very planted. Hard to describe, but in every direction or angle, the shoe was just comfortable and consistent in feel. I didn't get that in the 37's or any other shoe really since the AJ 28 and 28 SE. Maybe the AJ 31's, but those had that fatal unexpected traction loss flaw. Cushioning was abundant and plush, but still responsive. My steps felt powerful... in a way I felt like I was moving like Lebron would, solid, planted and in control. Some shoes speed you up or slow you down, but these felt like they made me natural.

There were a couple of issues, however. Traction was excellent, but I did have to wipe a little. That court is extremely dusty though, so it's not really the shoe's fault. It was very minimal wiping. I had a little bit of heel slippage, but I think that would be solved by slightly thicker/better quality socks. I use basic all white socks because I hate logos all over my clothes and gear. I used to look like a billboard years ago, but then I switched to a zero logo look. I may have to find some thicker socks. That would likely solve it. It wasn't too bad though. I did have some plantar fasciitis pain show up, but it was probably because I re-tightened the shoes too tight to lock in my heel more. It came and then it went though, thankfully.

Overall, I'm loving this modern Lebron sneaker. One of the best I've ever played in. It's hard to leave the Air Jordan line, but I think going forward I will be testing the Lebrons and Jordans and choosing the better of the two. They really improved this line when they went low cut premium. Thanks for reading this long post. I wasn't expecting to write this novel.

LBJ 20, NXXT, and 21 are basically all I wear these days… I may rotate some other models here and there but as far as the total package of fit/cushioning/traction/weight it doesn’t get any for MY needs in a shoe.

LBJ 20, NXXT, and 21 are basically all I wear these days… I may rotate some other models here and there but as far as the total package of fit/cushioning/traction/weight it doesn’t get any for MY needs in a shoe.
I tried on the NXXT at the outlet months ago and I wasn't as impressed as I was with XX. I tried them on again yesterday and had to go up 1/2 size to have enough room at the toe. Even still, I don't think they are close to the XX in feel and comfort. Feels like a totally different shoe... and maybe that's the point, so it's not really a criticism. It definitely felt like a takedown vs the XX... not saying I'm right. Wider toe box seems like an upgrade, but I prefer the sleeker more tapered front of the XX, as it just promotes smoother movements. I could hoop in the NXXT for sure, though. Not saying it's not a bad shoe.

Back
Top Bottom