Nike LeBron Soldier XII

The soldiers are a team shoe and LeBron wears them during the playoff season and regular season.
I realize that. By "treated like a team shoe" I mean players like JR smith, Tristan Thompson, and Markelle Fultz might be the ones wearing them most prominently, rather than lebron himself. Nike hasn't put out any official announcements about the Soldier 12, and secondary players have all debuted them in game before lebron has. From what we've seen, Nike's approach looks like it might be different than it has been in years past.

I realize that. By "treated like a team shoe" I mean players like JR smith, Tristan Thompson, and Markelle Fultz might be the ones wearing them most prominently, rather than lebron himself. Nike hasn't put out any official announcements about the Soldier 12, and secondary players have all debuted them in game before lebron has. From what we've seen, Nike's approach looks like it might be different than it has been in years past.

I consider team shoes that can be worn by actuall teams like in high school, college, team leagues, Nike sponsored teams etc..and it matches the actual team jerseys.

What your describing is p.e (player exclusives ) since those you mentioned dont have contracts with Nike they can probably wear whatever they like.

I'm sure Nike will have some sort of campaign but won't go heavy in certain markets around the world. Plus Nike put all the marketing muscle towards the lebron xv with the #lebrobnwatch.

I consider team shoes that can be worn by actuall teams like in high school, college, team leagues, Nike sponsored teams etc..and it matches the actual team jerseys.

What your describing is p.e (player exclusives ) since those you mentioned dont have contracts with Nike they can probably wear whatever they like.

I'm sure Nike will have some sort of campaign but won't go heavy in certain markets around the world. Plus Nike put all the marketing muscle towards the lebron xv with the #lebrobnwatch.
I guess I'm using "team shoe" interchangably with "takedown model" but I guess even that doesn't fully represent what's going on here.

JR debuted the first GR colorway set for release in the US, Thompson wore a PE (officially identified as such), and Fultz wore what may or may not wind up being a PE.

The short answer is probably that nike wants to keep getting the attention from LebronWatch for now so Lebron isn't switching to soldiers yet.

I guess I'm using "team shoe" interchangably with "takedown model" but I guess even that doesn't fully represent what's going on here.

JR debuted the first GR colorway set for release in the US, Thompson wore a PE (officially identified as such), and Fultz wore what may or may not wind up being a PE.

The short answer is probably that nike wants to keep getting the attention from LebronWatch for now so Lebron isn't switching to soldiers yet.

I actually don't consider the soilder a takedown model, just off the facts that it features slightly better tech/features compared to Nike other signature shoes like the kyries or pg. If you know Nike tech well enough you'll know what your exactly getting for the msrp.

LeBron ambassadors are truly his take down model imo.

We shall see though, lebron has to get past that 1st round and 2nd and 3rd for the soldier to be marketed well by him and nike. If nit them joints gonna collect dust on shelves and be ready for good disco prices.

ugh, they are contractually signed to nike tho

ugh, they are contractually signed to nike tho
I said probably, They offered contingent contracts that doesn't mean nike or the player will accept offers or wear or like the products they give them. They are worn for promotional reasons most of the time.

Nike lost James harden to Adidas, they had signature shoe for him. But he declined they're offer.

Soldier_BTD_1_Lead_Des.jpg

that red muticolor strap with the gold swoosh, beautiful

The cut of the ankle is killing me.

If these were lower I would be all in.

Nice cw tho.

The Nike Id options are gonna crazy on these. Can't wait to see more colorways. The soidier line is actually very good now, glad to to see Nike taken it serious.

Just got mines today.
Weight is light from my first try on. Slightly on the bulkier side.
I figure it waa gonna be bulkly. How's the straping system is it simple just like the solder 11s? And the overall construction of the shoe does it feel cheap or premium?

I figure it waa gonna be bulkly. How's the straping system is it simple just like the solder 11s? And the overall construction of the shoe does it feel cheap or premium?
I never wore the 11’s. Most recent would be the soldier 10’s.
The 12’s strapping system feels way better and straight forward compared to 10’s. I could’ve gotten away going down half a size (12.5) but double socking locked me in just fine.
Overall, I find these 12’s to be more premium coming as a team shoe with the knit materials and suede top cap.

Attachments

• 6B8CD630-820D-4698-A89C-E750ED6BA7ED.jpeg
    6B8CD630-820D-4698-A89C-E750ED6BA7ED.jpeg
    248.3 KB · Views: 31
Look wise these don’t do anything for me. If they go real cheap I might test them out...soldiers have been great performers overall for the most part!

Has anyone tried these on yet?

I tried them on earlier this week. Fit seemed similar to the Soldier 11 so TTS but if you prefer a more snug fit go 1/2 size down.

Saw a post showing the zoom was bottom-loaded, but when I tried them on I could definitely feel it.

My only concern as a person who really likes to crank down on the laces I'm not sure if these laces will provide the same amount of lockdown.

Back
Top Bottom