NIKE METCON THREAD - 7s out now

Looks like the volt pair are getting hit hard - not letting you order them in 9, 9.5 and 10 anymore.

Last edited:
Just finished my first workout in the Metcon's.

And all I can say as a first impression ...... They are pretty awesome!

I haven't tried every possible movement yet obviously, but today's workout had a load of overhead squats in it which I would normally wear my lifters for so I thought I might as well test out the Metcons as they are supposed to have a solid feel and be very stable.

This certainly is the case. They felt rock solid on the OHS, no stability issues and you can really get your weight over your heels without thinking you are going to end up on your backside.
I know some people had concerns about them being too firm. To me, they don't feel completely lacking in cushioning. It is a firm ride, but there is still some give, especially in the forefoot so your feet aren't going to be wrecked after a few box jumps or a run. Flexibility in the forefoot area is good too.

One thing I did notice is they feel a bit heavier than expected. Not that they weigh a ton, they just aren't mega light.
In a way, they feel like a premium product; like when you hold a quality watch it has that weight to it that is satisfying to feel and hold. If that makes sense :lol:

Taking of premium, it might just be me, but the materials used and the construction is very good for a change, not flimsy mesh and cheap feeling pleather etc like some recent shoes have been. They feel their price if you get what I mean.

Anyway, I haven't had a chance to do that many movements (box jumps, running, burpees, C + J etc) yet so i'll update once i have had a bit more time.

I ordered the all black pair from road runner and they sent a confirmation saying it will be shipped out on the 11th. You think that's when they may restock again or sooner? I'm trying to get the volt and the orange and blue that haven't dropped yet.

****. i wanted the orange and white pair in 8.5

**** it copped the black pair. Huge thanks for the coupon codes.

Last edited:
Anybody have a link for the Orange and blue pair? It seems to be the hardest to find on any site beside Nike?

hey everyone, I just stopped by the Niketown in midtown NYC today and I'm told all colors won't be back in stock until 2/26. At least that's what the POS system was telling the rep, which I saw with my own eyes. The other colors I saw that were coming later this month include the purple colorway and a silver/grey upper with a gum sole, which I hadn't seen before. Didn't see the camo version or blue/green/volt, though.

appreciate the info fambs. This first pair should hold me over until the camo's then if they won't see the light until march or april perhaps

I hope they fit. The long review link that was posted said size down from your 3.0 trainers which i didn't do. Went with my usual nike 11. I have faith though

I picked up my typical Nike size and they fit perfect. A few other guys were also picking up and they bought their normal sizes.

I picked up my typical Nike size and they fit perfect. A few other guys were also picking up and they bought their normal sizes.

repped thanks. Grizz kinda put me at ease with his review as well.

Good stuff guys

I just got off the phone with niketown Boston and they had the black/orange/blue this morning and sold out quick of course. Plus road runner sent me a update that the black pair I ordered is sold out and won't be coming my way even though they sent me a shipping confirmation hahaha I'm striking out left and right.

Were the black/orange/blue also on NDC this morning too? Reason I ask is they now say sold out rather than coming soon.

Last edited:
Not sure. I saw that too this morning that's why I called and to my surprise they said they sold out of those and the black ones.

They switched from coming soon to sold out last night around 5 pm EST.

Didn't see any tweets regarding them being available on NDC so I don't believe they were ever available.

They switched from coming soon to sold out last night around 5 pm EST.

Didn't see any tweets regarding them being available on NDC so I don't believe they were ever available.
nah they never went live, they had loaded a bunch of sizes into the back end and never released.  safe to say they will be back eventually.

Back
Top Bottom